X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vivian Campbell
    Head Fluffer
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
    Maybe us VH fans should stop feeling so sorry for ourselves. Led Zeppelin only made 8 studio albums (not including Coda). Just two more than VH.

I agree 100%. How many bands have 6 albums they can boast about?

As the years go by, Van Halen's legend will continue to grow and rise of above all the B.S. we're talking about today.

I think once this baby boom generation dies off, there will be a new evaluation of our icons. Many will fall in the eyes of the new perceivers because they were always overrated (Led Zep, Hendrix, and The Doors in my opinion). Others will take their rightful spot amongst the legends (Van Halen, Ritchie Blackmore, etc.).

Or, I could be wrong and the new legends will be P Diddy, Fred Durst, and Ashlee Simpson.
    The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

• squib
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

No question EEAS belongs right there in the middle of the 6 pack. Name one Spammy CD that does...

Comment

• RogueHorseman
        Commando
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by squib
        No question EEAS belongs right there in the middle of the 6 pack...
        Ditto on that.
        <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• aesop
          Commando
          • Oct 2004

Re: Which Dave solo releases top CVH?

Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
          Would you rank any of Dave’s solo albums above the Classic 6 pack? I surely would. To me, DLR Band and A Little Ain’t Enough are leaps and bounds better than VHII, WACF, and Diver Down. Hell, if ALAE had an Eddie caliber guitarist, it would be better than ANY VH release.
          FWIW, Jason Becker was an incredible guitarist. He didn't write the songs or solos except for the last (2) songs on the album, of which 'Last Call' absolutely kicks ass. He also did the guitar parts on ALAE single. He's commented on it before - He thought the guitar parts were mostly weak as well, but it wasn't his call.

Downoad his album 'perpetual burn' sometime. That's what got him the job...
          Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2004

Re: Re: Which Dave solo releases top CVH?

Originally posted by aesop
            FWIW, Jason Becker was an incredible guitarist. He didn't write the songs or solos except for the last (2) songs on the album, of which 'Last Call' absolutely kicks ass. He also did the guitar parts on ALAE single. He's commented on it before - He thought the guitar parts were mostly weak as well, but it wasn't his call.

Downoad his album 'perpetual burn' sometime. That's what got him the job...
            Thanks for the clarification. I did realize that Craig Goldy of DIO wrote “Lady Luck.” It’s also no coincidence that it’s the weakest song, guitar wise, on the whole album. Personally, my favorite guitar solo on ALAE is on “Baby’s On Fire.” That song smokes!
            The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

• Loons The Great

Here come the judge

WACF
              FW
              VH1
              VH2
              DD
              EEAS
              ALAE
              DLRBAND
              Diamond Dave
              CFTH
              Skycrapper
              YFLM

Comment

• Figs
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Re: Which Dave solo releases top CVH?

Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
                Would you rank any of Dave’s solo albums above the Classic 6 pack?

Absolutely none. Not even close....

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Dunno about ranking, but I'm not listening to much of Diver Down or 1984 these days, whereas EEAS, The DLR Band and YFLM are still getting regular play.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...