Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spmusicplyr
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2004

call it overproduced.....i like skyscraper a whole lot more than EEAS....the only 3 songs i like on EEAS are yankee rose, goin crazy and thats life.

skyscraper is totally original, different. More pop, yes. But 1984 was poppish too...so what. it sold over 10 million albums. Sounds dated? fuck yes. But just like paradise was the best song to cruise to when i was driving around in my 1989 iroc-z convertable...haha a total time warp.

Now, doesnt this car just SCREAM DLR '89? (or tony soprano! blasting CHV)
    Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

first of all...the car screams "resize me" !!!
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• spmusicplyr
        Foot Soldier
        • May 2004

yea im not good at that stuff
        Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• hard rock
          Head Fluffer
          • Oct 2004

A buddy of mine who works for Warner Canada has told me before that if we all call up our local record stores or if we all go on the web sites and try to purchase ALAE and YFLM.

What will happen is retailers will see hey there is a demand for this stuff. they then contact their suppliers and distributers who then contact the record company.

If Warner thinks they can make some money on a recent increase in interest they may re print them. Maybe even remaster them.

We need to all do our part by calling up , going on the web or when you are near a store walk in and play stupid. Pretend you dont know its oop and ask if they can order it in. They will take note whenever money is there to be made.

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

So is DLRBAND still in circulation ??
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• hard rock
              Head Fluffer
              • Oct 2004

No Dlr is out of print as well. Sad to say Diamond Dave will go that way soon. The issue with both those albums is that they were released on small labels. They tend to go out of buisness and unless someone else picks up the rights they are no where to be found.

I heard rumours a while back that Sanctuary was looking to aquire the rights to ALAE, YFLM and DLR???? dont know if its true or not.

In my opinion if Warner does not want to put them out then sell the rights and make a few bucks and let someone who does want to put them out go ahead and do it.

Comment

• nosuchluck
                Sniper
                • Aug 2004

even if Vai and the rest of the EEAS line-up don't reunite, i don't see why Vai can't buy the rights to DLR's albums and release them under his label...

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
                  Warner Brothers ASSHOLES discontinued ALAE and YFLM because after the whole reunion-gone-bust fiasco of '96, they sided with the Van Fuckface brothers. Warner Brothers sided with them because when Van Fuckfaces wanted to make a video for "Me Wise Magic" which relegated Dave to being nothing more than an image on a screen in the background while the band jammed in the foreground, Dave said, "No". It was Dave who refused to do the video, which could have potentially made Warner Brothers more money, so Warner Brothers viewed that as "Dave cost us money" and retaliated by discontinuing 2 of his albums. The fucking pricks.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

Comment

• academic punk
                    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by nosuchluck
                    even if Vai and the rest of the EEAS line-up don't reunite, i don't see why Vai can't buy the rights to DLR's albums and release them under his label...

Vai recently had an "essential" collection released. he had contacted dave to get permission for the use of "Shyboy". Apparently, the fee Dave requested made it completely unfeasible.

So I don't think there's much good will in either camp for the other.

Comment

• nosuchluck
                      Sniper
                      • Aug 2004

ah ok. i wasn't aware of that...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                        Vai recently had an "essential" collection released. he had contacted dave to get permission for the use of "Shyboy". Apparently, the fee Dave requested made it completely unfeasible.

So I don't think there's much good will in either camp for the other.
                        never heard about that...where did you read that, AP?
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• academic punk
                          Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                          never heard about that...where did you read that, AP?
                          Interview with Vai to prmote its release. The question the interviewer posed was the lack of any David Lee Roth material.

My (very uneduacted guess) is that maybe back in 96-98 Dave tried to unite the Yankee Rose band, and Vai declined. Again, I have no idea for sure. For all I know, Dave's management did the whole thing, and Dave isn't even aware to this day. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                            Sniper
                            • Apr 2004

[i] have no idea why he was in whitesnake. [/B]
                            $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                            "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

YFLM almost went gold.
                              ALAE almost went platinum.
                              "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Three Lock Rock
                                Sniper
                                • Apr 2005

Re: why were ALAE and YFLY deleted?

Originally posted by bigc
                                ok Im sure its been talked about before, and Im sorry for potentially raising a topic discussed more often than how the demise of the mcdonalds supersize has caused sammy hagar clinical depression, but why were ALAE and YFLY deleted? what was the reasoning behind it? was it ever explained. it just seems bizarre to me that it was. because so many shit band shit CDs, or good bands shit CD's(a la the Elder/KISS), are readily available, and these 2 classics arent

over here in the UK i wasnt really aware of dave at the time. just I know I had to get my copies of the two albums off ebay...altho i got a sealed copy of YFLY for about £3
                                they were deleted because THEY SUCK.

got it?

three lock rock

david who?
                                Van Halen 1986-1996, 2004: 80 Million sold and counting!!!

Van Who Again? 2007 : UNDERSOLD, OVERRATED FAILURES!!!

Owned bitches:

Bueno Boob
                                Prikk
                                Billl Limpburgh
                                Dickdfresh
                                Matt Wite
                                Shaun Ponsonby
                                Wawazass
                                Sole Reeper
                                and any other Rothtard faggit that tries to deny that REAL Van Halen is SAMMY HAGAR!

Comment

Working...