X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SweetSecrets
    Sniper
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by academic punk

What we can all agree on here is that Jagger and Bowie's version is just fuckin' scary.
    Anything with that combination is scary!!
    Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• SweetSecrets
      Sniper
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
      No, just kiddin' around...though he has gone on record to say how he loathes that one.

Well, Mark and I, do have SOME differences since we are two independent people...but I doubt he would choose the original over the VH cover.

(Academic, you need to put smiles or something after the suggestive phrases so that they aren't taken the wrong way because I can't tell when you are joking around to playfully pick on someone, or if you are really being an asshole. I am assuming you are not being a dick, but it gets confusing sometimes though text.)
      Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by SweetSecrets
        Well, Mark and I, do have SOME differences since we are two independent people...but I doubt he would choose the original over the VH cover.

(Academic, you need to put smiles or something after the suggestive phrases so that they aren't taken the wrong way because I can't tell when you are joking around to playfully pick on someone, or if you are really being an asshole. I am assuming you are not being a dick, but it gets confusing sometimes though text.)
        To paraphrase derek Smalls of Spinal Tap, it's such a fine line between being playful and being a dick.

I've always hated emoti-cons, though I am slowly being trained to appreciate through therapy and the love of a good woman named Sybil that the smiley faces are my friend. rest assured, if I say something that seems like it's in a grey area, I probably meant it playfully. Probably. Then again, the docs lowered my medication dose recently, so you can never be quite sure...

Comment

• tydhurst
          Commando
          • Mar 2004

Diver Down is my favourite Van Halen album!
          Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SweetSecrets
            So you prefer the original over Van Halen's cover?

The VH version isn't terrrible. just not the kind of material I wanted them to do. And yeah, I prefer the Martha Reeves version. MOTOWN ROCKS!

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Diver Down wins over any Van Hagar album for sheer versatility alone.

Bout the only tunes I skip on it are Dancing In The Streets and sometimes Where Have All The Good Times Gone, mostly from overplay on the radio more than anything else. But both are yet more prime examples of Halen taking their covers and Van Halenizing them. Same with Pretty Woman. Big Bad Bill...never heard the original, so can't say much on if it was Halenized or not.

Hang 'Em High, Secrets, Little Guitars and The Full Bug are as strong as anything else in the CVH catalog.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

DIVER DOWN is better than ANYTHING van hagar ever recorded due to the simple fact that DAVID LEE ROTH is singing on DD. DAVE is a better singer & a better songwriter than Spammy.

You can't front on that.....

Comment

• JCOOK

I used to to sit in the dark smoke weed and play intruder as loud as I could get away with over and over....sends chills up and down my spine to this very day!

Comment

• secrets
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
                    Diver Down is way underrated in this place.

People bitch that it's got too many cover songs....fuck them.
                    This guy deserves 5 stars for that, come on people give him a break.

Diver Down has been a permanent addition to the music I play in the car for a long time and it's not going anywhere.
                    Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

Working...