Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrets
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2004

I think he should have stuck with the hard rocking style that was on EEAS throughout.

Skyscraper was good but no comparison to EEAS at all.

That band has so much potential. But I think Vai is as much to blame as anyone for the break up, he is just not a team player IMO.

Vai needs to be at the centre of attention and Dave got in the way of his ego.
    Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• Classic
      Groupie
      • Sep 2004

Speaking of Vai, I've never heard those amazing songs he and Sheehan did in '87 that could have made Skyscraper the most hard-rocking album of all time.

Comment

• Stillwell
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2005

While sitting on the bowl taking a tasty shit, I realized that I've been playing more Roth solo than Van Halen for the last 6 months. This has allowed me to appreciate the wham bam thank you Mam approach of the solo albums and also the creative deficits as well.

Eat Em and Smile is a four star classic - No doubt about that! BUT, there was something missing from the formula of the album. It needed more salt, whisky, and heroin. Dave simply didn’t do a good job bringing together a new band that matched his GENIUS. “Wah? Shock! I’m appalled! Dave did an excellent job. He got Stevie Vai and Bill She-he-han!!” Vai is good, but he was the equivalent of gravity, grounding Dave’s charisma with tame riffs and solos. When I listen to VH1 through 1984, it sounds like there’s an orgy taking place behind the other side of the CD. Eat Em just sounds like a cheap bachelor party with 35 yr old strippers. Yeah, there’s nakedness, but do you really wanna handle those floppy tits for too long? Hmmm...

Skyscraper took the shins out of Dave’s career. He panicked when 5150 outsold Eat Em and decided to play on Hagar’s stylistic turf - bad move. “Stand up”? No thanks, I’ll take a seat.

A Little Ain’t Enough is the most delicious woman in the Roth collection. Delicious, bountiful, sultry, sexy, and luscious. It pops the cherry of your ears and makes you into a little audio-slut. If the CD hole was big enough, I’d make love to this album. This brought back the VH orgy sound that we haven’t heard since 1984. If Roth’s first two albums were like this sexy bitch, he would have buried Van Hagar.

Your Filthy Little Mouth. Toned down and proper, but still a bitchin record. She’s My Machine is pure attitude.

DLR Band - See ALAE.

Diamond Dave, I have heard it.
        Originally posted by Brett
        Is life this boring in Syracuse?
        Originally posted by Jesterstar
        Life in Syracuse has been compared to your sex life, so yes it's lifeless and boring.
        http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=496072

Liberace move over, there’s a new Queen in town!

Comment

• academic punk
          Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

I just put YFLM in the CD tray again this morning, for the first time in ages, hit shuffle, and on came "Cheatin' Heart Cafe" followed by "Sunburn".

Man, talk about shifting directions! LOVE it!!!

Comment

• spmusicplyr
            Foot Soldier
            • May 2004

everybody talks about "if he didnt lose becker...if becker werent sick".....the real question is, "how did dave fill the void?"
            or what did he do to fix it.
            Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Stillwell
              While sitting on the bowl taking a tasty shit, I realized that I've been playing more Roth solo than Van Halen for the last 6 months. This has allowed me to appreciate the wham bam thank you Mam approach of the solo albums and also the creative deficits as well.

Eat Em and Smile is a four star classic - No doubt about that! BUT, there was something missing from the formula of the album. It needed more salt, whisky, and heroin. Dave simply didn’t do a good job bringing together a new band that matched his GENIUS. “Wah? Shock! I’m appalled! Dave did an excellent job. He got Stevie Vai and Bill She-he-han!!” Vai is good, but he was the equivalent of gravity, grounding Dave’s charisma with tame riffs and solos. When I listen to VH1 through 1984, it sounds like there’s an orgy taking place behind the other side of the CD. Eat Em just sounds like a cheap bachelor party with 35 yr old strippers. Yeah, there’s nakedness, but do you really wanna handle those floppy tits for too long? Hmmm...

Skyscraper took the shins out of Dave’s career. He panicked when 5150 outsold Eat Em and decided to play on Hagar’s stylistic turf - bad move. “Stand up”? No thanks, I’ll take a seat.

A Little Ain’t Enough is the most delicious woman in the Roth collection. Delicious, bountiful, sultry, sexy, and luscious. It pops the cherry of your ears and makes you into a little audio-slut. If the CD hole was big enough, I’d make love to this album. This brought back the VH orgy sound that we haven’t heard since 1984. If Roth’s first two albums were like this sexy bitch, he would have buried Van Hagar.

Your Filthy Little Mouth. Toned down and proper, but still a bitchin record. She’s My Machine is pure attitude.

DLR Band - See ALAE.

Diamond Dave, I have heard it.
              excellent!
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Roguesgirl
                Veteran
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Stillwell

A Little Ain’t Enough is the most delicious woman in the Roth collection. Delicious, bountiful, sultry, sexy, and luscious. It pops the cherry of your ears and makes you into a little audio-slut. If the CD hole was big enough, I’d make love to this album. .
                TLC
                You KNOW I got the blues.
                Can you dig it?
                Welcome to Massachusetts. Now get the FUCK out of my way!

Comment

• Loons The Great

Bumpah

Comment

Working...