X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chong Li
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Get up.
    "Can't you hear Jamies cryin? Shes runnin with the Devil oh nooooo!!! oh no!

Comment

• degüello
      Sniper
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pardo
      Just mentioning these cause they haven't been mentioned yet:

One Foot Out the Door (waaay over the top)
      Loss of Control (different side of Ed)
      Hang Em High (fuckin cool!)

YES! OFOTD is a smoking goddamn outro of a solo, a very underrated EVH wail fest.

I'd forgotten about HEH's solo. I love that shit, especially the main hooky, melodic muted riff it keeps going back to. FUCK YEAH.
      "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• pardo

The Hang Em High solo is freakin amazing. You see the '82 Largo footage of him playin it all up close and personal? I saw that and rewound it 20 times probably. Untouchable!

Comment

• John Ashcroft
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Ice Cream Man kicks absolute ass (as do most early VH solos), but I don't know. There's just something about the "So this is Love" solo that hits me. I think the opening riff has perfect phrasing and feel (something missing from all solos, 5150 on).

Oh, wait a minute, the solo from "Feel your love tonight" is fucking awesome too. Same type of "feel" to it. I tried like hell to play it, but can't get Eddie's phrasing quite right on this one (I suppose that's why I'm the AG, and not a rock star...)

I don't know actually, I suppose it also depends on my mood when listening. All the early shit is just fucking full of great, great guitar work. Inspirational shit, even to non-guitarists. Does anyone actually get that from the VanHagar stuff? I know I don't. The guitar work is just lacking IMHO in VanHagar.

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I like the "Girl Gone Bad" solo.
            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• pardo

Girl Gone Bad solo is fuckin bad. Very cool! Love when the drums switch over to that beat with the ride half way through. That band was fucking ferocious!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

I'm kinda partial to "Somebody Get Me A Doctor."
                I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Even though it's not on most people's lists of favorite VH song, I always though "Dancing In The Street" had a kickin' solo.

Comment

• beto

i would say i'm the one. 2 great solo's in that song

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Bluesey... Take Your Whiskey Home
                      Shreddage... Hot For Teacher
                      Rockage... Fools & Ballot or the Bullet(yes I know it's a III song)
                      Soulful... Don't Tell Me(What Love Can Do)
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• degüello
                        Sniper
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pardo
                        The Hang Em High solo is freakin amazing. You see the '82 Largo footage of him playin it all up close and personal? I saw that and rewound it 20 times probably. Untouchable!
                        No, I haven't seen that yet. Have only seen a couple of tunes from that show. I can imagine it just fucking kills.
                        "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• degüello
                          Sniper
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                          ... There's just something about the "So this is Love" solo that hits me. I think the opening riff has perfect phrasing and feel...
                          Yes, the opening of that solo is one of Ed's finest moments. Such a sassy hook. I love it.

As I've said, I walk around with that solo intro playing in my head half the day lately. It's goddamn perfect.
                          Last edited by degüello; 03-30-2004, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• pardo

Originally posted by degüello
                            No, I haven't seen that yet. Have only seen a couple of tunes from that show. I can imagine it just fucking kills.
                            Shit, I had the vid on my hard drive, but its gone now. Totally sucks cause you gotta see it man. You know how from time to time you see something that reaffirms why you loved the band in the first place? This vid was one of those times for me. The entire band is killin.

Can someone please put this up?

Comment

• thefive

I like Me Wise Magic solo and the guitar at the end of the song.
                              That guitar towards the end just kicks.

the 5

Comment

• secrets
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Apr 2004

I love all Ed's solos especially: "Little Dreamer" and "I'm the One"

Every note on "Fair Warning" is mind-blowing.

BTW "So this Is love" was a combination of Ed's solos; he mixed them together to form one solo apparently.
                                Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

Working...