• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
    In order of release...

1. Runnin with the Devil...just burnt out on it...
    2. Eruption...don't care to be reminded of what he WAS anymore...
    3. Jamie's Cryin'...again, just burnt out on it...
    4. Outta Love Again...usually because I want the next track!
    5. Women in Love...usually listen to the intro, that's about it...
    6. Tora Tora...not missing anything by skipping it...
    7. Sunday Afternoon in the Park...see #6...

That's it...everything else is on the listen to list...
    I can agree with 1 and 2, and even 6 and 7 to a degree...maybe 3 at times as well...

...but I don't care how purty she is, 4 and 5 are damn fine tunes, and....(stares at white shirt).....um....what were we talking about again?

(Drools)
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

The instrumentals mainly.
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• vistadelrey
        Groupie
        • Jul 2005

Cradle will rock and everybody wants some. these two songs get played day in and day out. sick of it. another one that gets plays too much is unchained but i don't get tired of that for nobody.

all solos and instrumentals get played double time. they just freak me out some times.

i can understand most of the skips here other than 'girl gone bad.' blasphemy!! IMHO

"lazy eyes in the summer heat
        fresh from outta town
        now she's workin on the street
        shaking poor boys down!!"

Comment

• WOAHYEAH
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

One foot out the door.
          Loss of Control.
          Happy Trails.
          Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

Comment

• vheddyrmv8
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2005

I'm surprised with all of these answers. Girl Gone Bad is a great song.

What surprises me even more is the lack of people skipping over Big Bad Bill and Happy Trails.
            http://www.geocities.com/vhcrossingover/talkinshit.jpg

Comment

• Loons The Great

Happy Trails is an awesome cut. Only Van Rothin' could take a country classic and vett it up an' makes it their own nah yez YEAH!!!!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                I can agree with 1 and 2, and even 6 and 7 to a degree...maybe 3 at times as well...

...but I don't care how purty she is, 4 and 5 are damn fine tunes, and....(stares at white shirt).....um....what were we talking about again?

(Drools)
                We were talking about KELLI WILLIAMS.

She's PURTY!
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vheddyrmv8
                  I'm surprised with all of these answers. Girl Gone Bad is a great song.
                  I agree. I don't understand where a lot of the dislike of GGB comes from...IMO, I think it's one of the three best songs on the whole damn album...

:confused:
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Loons The Great

Girl Gone Bad is a helluva tune. You won't hear me whinin' 'bout it nah no sah. A great tune to roll down de street, fo' deep in a Benzo, wearin' Versatchee, biddin' on some hohs...dem hohs is fo dough, not fo' show...

Comment

• trueblue
                      Groupie
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                      I think Daves's screams are excellent in YNG and I just love his voice in LD as well as the lyrics.

He played LD during his show in '02 and it was amazing.
                      i've heard quite a few ppl put down YNG as useless and the same is done in some crappy reviews...somehow, by instinct, I hate covers but I feel it was another cover tune by CVH that far surpassed the original mainly due to Eddie's simple blues-rock riff attack on it, and Dave's adorable falsetto screams that makes u wanna hug him tight, not for the first time....Little Dreamer is surely not the best song on the debut, but I like it quite a lot anyway....

Only 3 CVH songs almost always get the 'skip' treatment from me...'Girl Gone Bad', 'Dancing in the Street', and "Big Bad Bill(Is Sweet Willian Now)..
                      Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

• trueblue
                        Groupie
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                        I think Daves's screams are excellent in YNG and I just love his voice in LD as well as the lyrics.

He played LD during his show in '02 and it was amazing.
                        i've heard quite a few ppl put down YNG as useless and the same is done in some crappy reviews...somehow, by instinct, I hate covers but I feel YNG was another cover tune by CVH that far surpassed the original mainly due to Eddie's simple blues-rock riff attack on it, and Dave's adorable falsetto screams that makes u wanna hug him tight, not for the first time....Little Dreamer is surely not the best song on the debut, but I like it quite a lot anyway....

Only 3 CVH songs almost always get the 'skip' treatment from me...'Girl Gone Bad', 'Dancing in the Street', and "Big Bad Bill(Is Sweet Willian Now)..
                        Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

• floyd95
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2004

I never skip a song on the 6, I'm just used to listening to them from start to finish, harkens back to the day of LP's and cassettes when you listened to the whole damn album.

I love the flow of good albums and when I hear a song it sounds strange not to hear the following song in sequence.

With that said, I could do without I'll Wait. I can just imagine Hagar writing some bad lyrics to that song, something about Love, Dreams or his ass.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2004

1984 Intro... AGAIN.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Fakk
                              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2004

Tora Tora would go there also

Comment

Working...