How would you like the next VH album to be like?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heater
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2010

Never could stand Dice either, one note, one gimmick, little more than a bully.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Heater
      Never could stand Dice either, one note, one gimmick, little more than a bully.
      Yeah, what a mean bully he is. The cad.

Anyway, back to talking about the new album.

I have some inside info from "an inside source" in the "biz" of the "industry". He gave me some "buzz" on the latest "scoop"...and I have to bring to you guys here so you'll be impressed.

Apparently, the new album will have guitar on it. It'll not only be rhythm guitar but also lead-playing. THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM MY SOURCE!!

Also, it will have similar sounds to Van Halen's first six albums (meaning, songs with guitar and some singing)...plus THERE WILL BE DRUMS!!!!!

Also, I got the latest scoop from an "inside source" that he will not be singing on the album. I can't tell you who gave me this information, but he smells like cheese and used to make his own tequila...but I can't go further than that. Let's just say this is straight from him.

...I'll let you know when I get more info. In the meantime, Bleater has another scoop or two to share with us, his friends.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Heater
        Foot Soldier
        • Nov 2010

....and someone said Fair Warning.......

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          Just watched the Montreal '84 show for the first time in a while and that piece is gorgeous. A drop of it showed up on the bland surf rocker, Judgement day, but that piece should stand alone. To hear something new with the fury and attitude of "Hear About It Later" or the swagger and sway of "Drop Dead Legs" would surely blow my pants off.
          Funny, I just rewatched it this past weekend as well for the first time in a while and was re-blown away with that solo piece... I can't believe it never made it to record in full... Sure would make for a nice little solo track on the new album...
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rikk

I have some inside info from "an inside source" in the "biz" of the "industry". He gave me some "buzz" on the latest "scoop"...and I have to bring to you guys here so you'll be impressed.

Apparently, the new album will have guitar on it. It'll not only be rhythm guitar but also lead-playing. THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM MY SOURCE!!
            Also, it will have similar sounds to Van Halen's first six albums (meaning, songs with guitar and some singing)...plus THERE WILL BE DRUMS!!!!!
            Oh, fucking swell, with no "spoiler-alert". Way to ruin the surprise there, Rikk.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
              Oh, fucking swell, with no "spoiler-alert". Way to ruin the surprise there, Rikk.
              Thank my [b]source[\b] for taking away the surprise! Between me and Bleater, we can tell you everything you want to know!

(...Eddie plays ALL the guitar solos on the new album...shit, am I saying too much again!!??)
              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Wow. Maybe they might even put some bass on it. But Rikk, don't tell me. I want it to be a surprise.

Comment

• conmee
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I hope to god they used Pro Tools and Garage Band to loop in Mikey's background vocals (one of my favorite X-Files episodes included splicing a persons voice together from various pre-recorded bits), copious use of Auto-Tune™ to give DLR more "range," and at least 4 keyboard solos and a bass solo for Wolfie. The other 3-4 songs on the album should be a mix of The Kinks and something a bit more contemporary, maybe a VH-remake of Gaga's Poker Face as an example... That about covers all bases.

That is all.

Icon™®©
                  An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                  hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by conmee
                    Brethren and Sistren,

I hope to god they used Pro Tools and Garage Band to loop in Mikey's background vocals (one of my favorite X-Files episodes included splicing a persons voice together from various pre-recorded bits), copious use of Auto-Tune™ to give DLR more "range," and at least 4 keyboard solos and a bass solo for Wolfie. The other 3-4 songs on the album should be a mix of The Kinks and something a bit more contemporary, maybe a VH-remake of Gaga's Poker Face as an example... That about covers all bases.

That is all.

Icon™®©

Comment

• Debo
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Mar 2007

Im wondering if this new tune has that riff Eddie played on 2 and a half men...or at least somewhere on the new album. A smoking little riff...here's to waiting and see!!! Regardless, I am officially stoked beyond words about this new music, more so than the tour. But I plan on going to a show, but bring on the new album, because its going to rock!!! Final thought, I hope the dude that produced this album hid Eddie's sustainer gizmo, or better yet, burned it. lol LET'S GO!!!!
                      Last edited by Debo; 01-02-2012, 06:15 PM.
                      Little Elvis is combat ready!!!

Comment

• Loons The Great
                        Groupie
                        • Jan 2012

A Different Kind Of Truth definitely defiantly giantly exceeded my expectations!!!

Originally posted by Loons The Great
                        Who here is gwine-a hit da groun' runnin' that fine morn when we know we'll hear new Van Halen music with Diamond David Lee Roth??!!

I hope there is harmonica and acoustical guitar present on the album.

I'm always amped up to hear a new Van Rothin' cover...but I doubt King Edward would acquiesce to any such request in 2011.

I can't wait to hear that first D-Ro blues shout howl or that first brain-splattering, ear-shattering, thunder-clappin, foot-stompin and tappin King Edward solo!!

I'm ready fo' some zen lyricism from David Lee Roth. NOT the kind of lyrics that make you think, "Boy, I would have thought that would have gone under a lot better than that!"

An' I'm ready, ready as anybody can be to hear one beat from Alex and know who's sendin' up some thundah instantaneously!!

I have no fear or doubt that Wolf will bring it.

"Amazing feats of daring-do and acrobatics with only four, count 'em four strings, Ladies and Gentlemen voted most valuable player of the Van Halen Family Band And Travelling Orchestra give it away give it away give it away, motherfucker for Wolfgang Van Halen!!... well if that doesn't send you off to one helluva summer vacation, I just don't know what the fuck else I can do for you...in all seriousness, you had a helluva a job to do this tour and you did the shit out of it! Congratulations, kid! And out of nothin' but love and respect, I wanna to quote one of my favorite ancient philosphers..."--David Lee Roth intro to So This Is Love 6.2.2008
                        Please check out my bluesin' on Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/kingumbopa
                        I know my crown gonna fit me well, 'cause tried it on at the gates of hell

Comment

Working...