• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Dupe thread....
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Christ, not this turd again. It sucked the first 5 times it was posted, last year.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Imagine a Jump

by BECA GRIMM

The (presumably) French mash-up artist Mighty Mike recently layered John Lennon's instrumental version of "Imagine" with Van Halen's acoustic recording of "Jump," and the result is a glorious fusion of musical polar opposites, fittingly titled "Imagine a Jump."

David Lee Roth has run with Lennon before — in a fan-made Frankenstein way — back in 2008, when someone paired Van Halen's "Runnin' With the Devil" with The Beatles' "Drive My Car." But this time, when round spectacles meet unbuttoned satin shirts, the fruit plays more fluidly.

Lennon's quiet, thoughtful ivories slide from the speakers, quickly followed by Roth's drawn-out crow call. Roth's party-inspirational vocals shockingly serve as a perfect counterpart to Lennon's famous piano lines.

Still, one should be reminded of the last successful time Roth ran with the Beatles.

You might as well have a listen below.

Links in article:

Imagine a jump (right-click to download) instrumental : John Lennon - Imagine acapella : Van Halen - Jump

John Lennon artist page: interviews, features and/or performances archived at NPR Music

A few weeks ago, someone sent me a leaked clip of David Lee Roth's isolated vocals to "Runnin' With the Devil." It had been circulatin
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Kinda disappointing really. This one worked better....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Imagine a Jump

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Comment

• hambon4lif
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

I wonder if Dave has heard this...

Remember he used to play the living hell out of that Christina Aguilera/Jump mash-up on the radio show? Even though it was a total monstrosity.....he digs shit like that.

I'm not too crazy about mash-ups (who has the mind or time for that shit anyways?), this is one of the better ones I've heard though.....

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

No worries Sesh....this is only about the 5th thread on this topic in the last 6 months....

It usually takes about 10 dupe threads before people really start to get irritated....

Originally posted by perilouspete
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There have been so many mash ups over the last 6 months I'm getting confused.

I did try and search the site first but "Imagine Dave" came back with too many results...

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I did try and search the site first but "Imagine Dave" came back with too many results...

there was another cool one with stevie wonder....

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

great, now jagy will start another "in the studio" thread.
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                        great, now jagy will start another "in the studio" thread.
                        ....if he's not too preoccupied firing up his own website.

waitingforpicsofkristy.com

Comment

• CROWBAR
                          Commando
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia

there was another cool one with stevie wonder....

Comment

• vaijuju
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                            No worries Sesh....this is only about the 5th thread on this topic in the last 6 months....

It usually takes about 10 dupe threads before people really start to get irritated....

YES! but thanks for the dave's pic (never saw it)
                            http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by CROWBAR

Comment

Working...