X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nitroDave23
    Roadie
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Instead nowadays just about every single song from every single gig ends up on YouTube with at least 20% of the comments being completely retarded.

Talking of which I just remembered something from the gig I went to on the last tour - 1:40 in, one of the best put downs since 'I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend...'

lmao!! classic.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dopie
      I must say I'm a bit shocked by the middle fingers and all that.
      Grow a set.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Damn, I just listened to Jim Florentine's podcast featured on VHND and his live recording of the Cafe Wha? show.....this band is firing on all cylinders.......game on.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
          And Dave smokes too. He really shouldn't do that
          No singer should. It's taken a toll on a lot of great voices. And even some not so great voices, like Keith Richards.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bru87tr
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

Ok, I found a video of Cafe Wha? where you can actually hear Dave.

Here at 1:09 & 2:06 Dave does his sig scream.

Brought to you by "I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution," the definitive book about MTV, music videos, and the 1980s. Find it at...
            "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• fifth element
              Commando
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kwame k
              Shocked?

Hell, I thought people were being kind to you

Go read some of the nastier flame wars we've had here, if you really want to be shocked.......
              lol...like my first day to the site? hehehehehe

you were all so kind...lol
              “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• lesfunk
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                No singer should. It's taken a toll on a lot of great voices. And even some not so great voices, like Keith Richards.
                What just amazed me is that Ronnie James Dio Smoked and he sounded powerful up until his death.
                http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• bru87tr
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

What just amazed me is that Ronnie James Dio Smoked and he sounded powerful up until his death.
                  What about Steven Tyler ? The guy still sounds pretty much the same.
                  "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• fifth element
                    Commando
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by bru87tr
                    there always seem to be a few exceptions to the rule...
                    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Calderone
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2004

Ok, I found a video of Cafe Wha? where you can actually hear Dave.

Here at 1:09 & 2:06 Dave does his sig scream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J5df-TW1aM
                      True but it's "covered" the whistle does not come out and he knows it , if i had the chance i would really love to talk with him about it
                      i've been doing it since '97 or so and mine is a bit "covered" its not as pure as VHII , its more like EEAS or ALAE era ...

Comment

• Calderone
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

lol he sounds better and better !

Comment

• vanshipman
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2004

Nice. Yeah Dave sounds great there, and for that matter he sounded great the whole show. Dave has the most unique sound to his voice which blends perfect with the music that they play. I am delighted to the tenth power to see VH back with Dave leading the way!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Who in the fuck wants to hear 'perfection'?

You go into any bar here in Gnashville where there is a live Cuntry band.

You can smell a studio rat a mile away.

They stand there and play this stuff that is technically flawless. Absolute perfection.

It is fucking so laboratory sterile that it's nuts have been cut off and it has had it's fucking dick cut off.

BORING!

Those motherfuckers are the most boring players on the planet. Sure, some of them have some balls, some of them can still walk on the edge....but most of them have been playing in studios so long, and have been SO AFRAID to fuck up, lest they not have a gig from that studio/producer/artist ever again, that they sound like homogenized milk. They have beaten down into submission by Nashville. Once they cross the Davidson County Line, they are required to hand their nutsack over and become a frightened pussy of a fucking guitarist.

I want to see a player with some fucking fire. Some fucker who does not care that he makes some mistakes, but who plays such otherworldly shit that it nails my fucking jaw to the floor.

There ARE some here in Nashville, but not many.

I do not give a fuck if Dave is spot on, late on the delivery, off-key, whatever.

Anyone who puts perfection over attitude when dealing with Van Halen is a fucking dipshit anyway.

Fuck this bullshit! Why the fuck are we even having to explain this fucking shit????

Slopie? Go jump in front of a train.

If you have to fucking ask, NO AMOUNT OF EXPLANATION IS GOING TO HELP YOU.

Got it?
                            Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-10-2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Dio smoked? Never knew that. Certainly wouldn't have known by his voice. Still as strong on his last album as it was on the Ronnie and the Prophets singles in the early 60's.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...