The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
    I think it says Tramp stamp tat...

Just having fun Elbow!
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Nah. Ain't buying it. That kind of riffage, which is pretty pedestrian, just doesn't seem like EVH
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
        I dunno - after the Cafe Wha gig I was looking on Youtube and I found clips of this guy that were screaming 'Waldo - opening on the next Van Halen tour'.

My guess is he's just making it up to generate interest.
        You mean joining a site and in his very first post, using it as an act of shameless self-promotion? People don't really use the internet for such a thing, do they?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SunisinuS
          Just having fun Elbow!
          Just sayin' SuxinixuS!

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
            You mean joining a site and in his very first post, using it as an act of shameless self-promotion? People don't really use the internet for such a thing, do they?
            Whatever happened to honesty, I ask you ... well, I guess that we are all our avatars in here!! I have to 'fess up. My avatar is not really me, It is Vilem Flusser. Honest. I swear.
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Penalty
              A minute of Blood and Fire leaked on youtube awhile ago, it was promptly deleted. But this guy did a Cover of the leaked clip, this isn't helping my impatience for the new music!!
              If your interested you can Check it out just to hear how the song sounds in general

If this is an imitation of what the tune sounds like...holy shit! It IS the killing side of CVH. Props to this dude for 1 - EVH Kramer, and 2 - always thought it'd be fun to do something like this.

Roth on!
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Whatever happened to honesty, I ask you ... well, I guess that we are all our avatars in here!! I have to 'fess up. My avatar is not really me, It is Vilem Flusser. Honest. I swear.
                Are you shitting me? All this time I thought it was Enzo Ferrari. Seriously!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by sadaist
                  If this is an imitation of what the tune sounds like...holy shit! It IS the killing side of CVH. Props to this dude for 1 - EVH Kramer, and 2 - always thought it'd be fun to do something like this.

Roth on!
                  Well, you know, considering "it was only up there on youtube for a couple of minutes" he managed to kind get all the parts down remarkably quick and, like, record his own version.

I mean, the guy is clearly a genius ... this is as fake as a dude with two dicks
                  THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Penalty
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jan 2012

Sorry long time reader just wanted to contribute, Obviously Eddie and Dave sound 100x better from the leaked clip than this guy, but its a decent preview of what the song sounded like, hopefully someone else on here also heard the Leaked clip before it got deleted and back me up lol

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Just sayin' SuxinixuS!
                      Let's Dissect:

Sux: Something you have been able to pronounce since 2nd Grade (The Priest is being investigated).

In: Something you just got back to at the Army.

Ix: Something you think is Mayan and related to 2012.

uS: Something you will never find with any human being.

Now, you should head off to 3rd grade math....I am out of hall passes and you might be late.

Scuttle little one....there is learning Afoot!

Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-14-2012, 08:46 PM. Reason: Push it...push it real good.
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Well...there's four of him in the video...so...by my count...he has one more time to go...
                        Looks like Patti Smith on vocals.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Well...this is a merry blend of what the fuck...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Oct 2010

I have no avatar. What does that make me???

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                              Looks like Patti Smith on vocals.
                              So...is McEnroe recording the clip?
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                Well...this is a merry blend of what the fuck...
                                Yep, fuckery most foul.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...