The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Alright Va...to explain...and it'll be very clear once you read this...

We were talking about the song...then about a supposed leaked video...then how the leaked video is gone, but how Patty Smith recorded a one minute clip of it herself...

Patty then joined for the third time to tell us about it, except she denied it. We decided that she could join one more time, because she recorded herself for times, playing each instrument.

From there, we decided there was a fifth member of her band...either her mother, or John McEnroe, even though it's Smith...not Smyth...

From there, we decided that we were, or weren't our actual avatars...

...hence the Deadwood reference...

christ...it should be clear you cocksucker...
    Finally... the Army returns to normal...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I've always liked to show my enemies the front door.

Last edited by Rikk; 01-15-2012, 02:13 PM.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The Power of Tattoo is working. A buddy of mine who shit all over the song when it came out, I mean, a real Chickenshitter; Totally reversed his position today on his facebook by posting that he was WRONG and the song totally grows on him.
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
          The Power of Tattoo is working. A buddy of mine who shit all over the song when it came out, I mean, a real Chickenshitter; Totally reversed his position today on his facebook by posting that he was WRONG and the song totally grows on him.
          It really needs to be heard & not seen. The video distracts fro m the song. Dave acts a little over silly/excited in a few spots. I dig the video...but only after I had heard the song LOUD on the radio several times. I just think it sounds better when your attention is solely on the song & your imagination creates VH the way each person likes to imagine them best.

In fact, the official video shouldn't even have them in it. Just tattooed naked women pole dancing.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Little Texan
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I've noticed a "reverse" theme in the video. It starts out with Dave waving a checkered flag in reverse, then at several other points in the video the video is reversed, and the original intro of Down In Flames is heard as the outro at the end of the video.

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

I like the reverse touch on the song, too - the end is the beginning, or back to the future .. or something like that. What did Dave say to the audience when they came on stage at the Wha? 'You're entering time tunnel'!!

I just wonder if that was what they were intending with Tattoo - putting that intro from DIF at the end as a nod to the past. It's only something the nutty fans like us would pick up on.
              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think the reverse business in the video is just some creative license taken by the filming/editing staff... nothing more.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

TATTOO / Up for Breakfast. No fucking comparison. Nuff said.
                  WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Don'y know why I felt the need to post that, but there it is.lol.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      It's the #2 song in Canada...

Nickelshit is #1 and #3 there...

Don't know what they're talkin' aboot...
                      Don't know what that's all aboot. I don'y know anyone up here who is a fan of that shit.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

After beating people down all week playing the single , loads of none CVH fans are liking the new tune...Lots are saying I'd buy it or i would definatley go see them lol as if they will play newcastle but it shows there could be a new main stream market for them ... Hook them with the single then land them with the 6 pack .
                        Last edited by vandeleur; 01-15-2012, 05:18 PM. Reason: shite spelling
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

I hope they make it over there for you guys this time.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                            I hope they make it over there for you guys this time.
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Well the song is going down a little bit on the itunes charts. Of course that's probably due to the fact that the cheaper Amazon.com mp3 is available for purchase.
                              Last edited by BITEYOASS; 01-15-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Another reason is that the sales are tabulated hourly, so most everybody has probably purchased the damn thing in the first few days. Who knows what the Billboard results are going to be.

Comment

Working...