The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    So, do you think Tattoo could crack the top 20? I mean the actual chart - not the rock chart.

Do any rock songs chart there anymore? When was the last time a bonafide rock band charted on the mainstream board? Nickleback doesn't count.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
      Do any rock songs chart there anymore? When was the last time a bonafide rock band charted on the mainstream board? Nickleback doesn't count.
      Don't know.

I haven't looked at the Billboard chart for 15 years.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
        Don't know what that's all aboot. I don'y know anyone up here who is a fan of that shit.

re: nickleback being #1 & #3 in Canada charts.

dude, didn't you guys boo them out of some hockey game recently? Or threaten to boycott the game? I know something went down where the fans were pissed about having to see that crap band.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
          Don't know.

I haven't looked at the Billboard chart for 15 years.

So I'm browsing Billboard for Van Halen & find this sure to be a nugget of a tune...

Lick My Pussy Eddie Van Halen - by Sylvia Juncosa

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

re: nickleback being #1 & #3 in Canada charts.

dude, didn't you guys boo them out of some hockey game recently? Or threaten to boycott the game? I know something went down where the fans were pissed about having to see that crap band.
            Actually that was the Lions vs. Packers thanksgiving day game at Ford Field, in which Nickelhacks were going to play the halftime show. Fans of both teams were pissed, as well as the Lions fans who lived across the border in the Windsor, ONT metro area.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Thanks man. I knew a bunch of people were pissed somewhere up north about having to see those fags.

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

I'm afraid the Nickleback freaks are all the fucking banjo pluckin' hillbillies here in the West. They're from Saskatchewan, and the loyalty here is almost as strong as it is to the Riders football team. (HUGE). I don't get it at all, because there are some GOOD rocking indie bands here, many of which are on the soundtrack for the tv series I'm in. Unfortunately, this is the land of fucking country music...and Nickleshit.
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• WACF
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                  I'm afraid the Nickleback freaks are all the fucking banjo pluckin' hillbillies here in the West. They're from Saskatchewan, and the loyalty here is almost as strong as it is to the Riders football team. (HUGE). I don't get it at all, because there are some GOOD rocking indie bands here, many of which are on the soundtrack for the tv series I'm in. Unfortunately, this is the land of fucking country music...and Nickleshit.
                  Nickelback are from Hanna Ab. but I hear ya.

Here is Saskatoon there is a fair amount of Nickelback hatred but I bet the concert sells out at Credit Union Centre....14,000 ish depending on the stage set up.

Our Rock station is pretty weak here...we were gone for a week so I have no idea how well Tattoo went over.

Have you heard any rumours at all about a Sask. date?
                  I read on 102's Facebook that something went up and came down just as fast for Saskatoon.

As for the Riders.....what a shit year....but we bleed green...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

So I'm browsing Billboard for Van Halen & find this sure to be a nugget of a tune...

Lick My Pussy Eddie Van Halen - by Sylvia Juncosa

http://www.billboard.com/#/song/sylv...-halen/1735894
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Is there a lot of meth addicts in Nickelback country? I hear that a lot of Meth from the USA is imported to that part of the country, while the weed is sent to us damn yanks.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

You'd figure a lot more british music would be popular in Canada.

Comment

• Pennypacker
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2009

Is one of those bands The Sheepdogs? Those guys are fuckin' solid

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• WACF
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Pennypacker
                              Is one of those bands The Sheepdogs? Those guys are fuckin' solid
                              Sheepdogs are from Saskatoon.

Been enjoying them at various outdoor events for a few years...glad to see they are getting some airplay nation wide.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

My wife and kids listen to the top 40 station on Sirius... and I'll never know how fucking Bush is back in the top forty with a real shitty song... no melody, no hook, no nothing... must be some serious payola (or gwen steffani cock sucking) going on.

Comment

Working...