The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Off work at 4:30 p.m. today. Celebrated by listening to 'Tattoo' a dozen times in a row. Loving it - and noticing little nuances about it - more and more!
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• redblkwht
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Tattoo @ the 32nd second just Kicks Ass & the thing that gets me is Eddies rhythm background is just amazing. Satch & Vai are great and all, but to me they just don't compare.

EUAS

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Alright. Not sure if this is posted anywhere in this thread as I didn't bother looking....but a chick I graduated high school with, whom follows James Michael, lead singer of the prestigious (and I'm being sarcastic) SIXX A.M. band posted this video of him and his bud reviewing "Tattoo." What a prick. Dislike with a vengeance.

Last edited by ALMOSTsaved; 01-21-2012, 12:22 AM.
        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
          Tattoo @ the 32nd second just Kicks Ass & the thing that gets me is Eddies rhythm background is just amazing. Satch & Vai are great and all, but to me they just don't compare.
          mate, like most of us i've always thought ed's a criminally underrated rhythm player. and those of us who've been in one-guitar bands know how hard it is!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
            Alright. Not sure if this is posted anywhere in this thread as I didn't bother looking....but a chick I graduated high school with, whom follows James Michael, lead singer of the prestigious (and I'm being sarcastic) SIXX A.M. band posted this video of him and his bud reviewing "Tattoo." What a prick. Dislike with a vengeance.
            here today...gone later today...
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DlocRoth
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Perhaps they absolutely adore it.
              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

The greezy boys ??

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Who gives a flying fuck what those walking Piercing Pagodas have to say.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

James Michael
                    Who?????
                    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Jetstream
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Dec 2011

I love seeing Van Halen on that Billboard charts so high...BUT PLEASE, COULD THEY GET THE IMAGE OF MICHAEL ANTHONY THE HELL OFF THE GROUP PIC AND USE A FREAKING CURRENT IMAGE BECAUSE THEY ARE DISRESPECTING THE KID WOLFY BECAUSE HE PLAYED IT AND GOOD OL MIKEY IS WITH THE ENEMY...ok, I feel better now, rock on
                      I got lost in the...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ashstralia
                        mate, like most of us i've always thought ed's a criminally underrated rhythm player. and those of us who've been in one-guitar bands know how hard it is!
                        Just listen to him playing rhythm under his own lead track on "Feel your love tonight". It's quite something, don't you think?

Oh dear.

Comment

• chi-town324
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jetstream
                          I love seeing Van Halen on that Billboard charts so high...BUT PLEASE, COULD THEY GET THE IMAGE OF MICHAEL ANTHONY THE HELL OFF THE GROUP PIC AND USE A FREAKING CURRENT IMAGE BECAUSE THEY ARE DISRESPECTING THE KID WOLFY BECAUSE HE PLAYED IT AND GOOD OL MIKEY IS WITH THE ENEMY...ok, I feel better now, rock on
                          agree ...get with it it's 2012

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Zing!
                            Off work at 4:30 p.m. today. Celebrated by listening to 'Tattoo' a dozen times in a row. Loving it - and noticing little nuances about it - more and more!
                            Same here. That early review that referred to the song as a "grower" was right on. So many who know how have long I've been on the edge of my chair for something new from this band ask me what I think of Tattoo with a semi disappointed look on their faces. I tell them that it didn't blow me out of my shoes at first listen, but after many listens, I love it.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                              Just listen to him playing rhythm under his own lead track on "Feel your love tonight". It's quite something, don't you think?
                              yes, yesss! all the classic =vh= had the subtle slippery snakey sexay rhythm under the solos..
                              lol, you little dreamer!!!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                                Perhaps they absolutely adore it.
                                It looks more like they abtholutely adore it and think it's just *divine*

Comment

Working...