The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chi-town324
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2007

#1 on the billboard hard rock....

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
      Alright. Not sure if this is posted anywhere in this thread as I didn't bother looking....but a chick I graduated high school with, whom follows James Michael, lead singer of the prestigious (and I'm being sarcastic) SIXX A.M. band posted this video of him and his bud reviewing "Tattoo." What a prick. Dislike with a vengeance.
      Looks like someone got to the "Cheezy Boyz".

The video was taken down.
      WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

So I finally got to blast Tattoo in the car instead of my shitty ear buds. I'm a train person. The chorus sounds so much better through speakers. Can't quite explain how, but I do know I love the song even more with real speaker presentation.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          So I finally got to blast Tattoo in the car instead of my shitty ear buds. I'm a train person. The chorus sounds so much better through speakers. Can't quite explain how, but I do know I love the song even more with real speaker presentation.
          Just done the opposite - first time I've listened to "Tattoo" on my hi-fi headphones, and I find it even more kickass like that, though I have pretty good Jamo loudspeakers in my sitting room (that is parquet-floored, which makes sound even "warmer"). You can hear more details with headphones on IMO, but I agree that music needs air too, so maybe both listening methods are complementary.

I had a one-week self-imposed break without listening to "Tattoo", because I had nearly reached overdose - the song is highly addictive... And well, it doesn't work less on me after that 8-day gap!

Still 2 more weeks to wait, buddies!
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• golitely
            Roadie
            • Nov 2011

Yesterday, my 10 year old, who has been rocking Tattoo on the ipod she regularly steals from me to take to school, asked me: what else is DLR famous for (other than VH)? So I start in…”well, after he left VH in 1985”…and she goes “what do you mean he left VH?” and at that moment I had a revelation: kids, teens today may very well have memory of or exposure to Van Hagar; that whole era really could be completely erased until they are well indoctrinated (inoculated) enough to go back and look at the whole story. My kids already think California Girls, when it comes on the radio, is a VH song even though I’ve explained a couple of times it’s not, which just doesn’t seem to sink in their heads since they identify the singer’s voice with the band rather than the overall sound. So it gives me hope…on the other hand, the teen girls I know are into Bieber, which makes we wonder if the Second Coming is close at hand...of course the fact that VH is finally releasing another album after 20-odd years almost makes it a certainty.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

^ magnificent!

Comment

• golitely
                Roadie
                • Nov 2011

There is a TV show called Big Time Rush on Nick or Disney, whatever. I think the concept is teens at boarding school or college, but it’s Nick so it’s stupid sitcom stuff, not sex (hey, I survived without my parents monitoring my TV or music so my kids can do the same). About 3 weeks ago, my kids come running DLR is on TV. So I come running (the magic of DVR). It was some sequence where they are having a party and this host of “funny” characters come through the door. They play a few bars reminiscent of Jump and an obvious DLR (really more Dana Carvey) character comes in, does a “bibbidy-bop” and moves on. My first reaction was horror, then pride that my kids would recognize the reference, and then I thought it was kind of cool that the show’s writers (who must be in their 30s or 40s) are passingC VH/DLR on to today’s teens.

It's all about getting to them early, tho I think we may have to give up a whole generation that came of age in the 1990s as lost to the cause.

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

mate the kids aint ever gonna like mum and dad's music between the ages of 12-25. this is from 22 years of teaching music.
                  really italia golitely? your english is far better than my italian!

Comment

• golitely
                    Roadie
                    • Nov 2011

really italia golitely? your english is far better than my italian![/QUOTE]

Chicagoan by birth, currently Italian by circumstance.

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

sweet as.

it's just not the same. has to be dan.

Comment

• VanHalener
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Look, Jack, I need to hit the rack, but I can't because they stacked the kick ass so high in this song I can't stand back.

Five more times and I'm out!
                        ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Ha ha I just posted the same thing (not as colorfully) in another thread. It's going to take some sleeping pills or a WHOLE bunch of liquor.

Oh dear.

Comment

• VanHalener
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Two more times after that for Shoes.

OWWWWWW
                            ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Do it to it!

Oh dear.

Comment

• Yount
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2012

Wolfie's so shy, he NEVER looks at the camera. I like this new band cos it's two very shy, very talented guys framing one helluva mouth in front and centre.

Roth speaks, the rest don't have to 'cause the music already does it for them.

Comment

Working...