The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

on the side with the review I foung this for your amusement

Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• qikgts
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SunisinuS
      Fuckin' Swagger. Fucking talk to Elvis!
      Swagger... Yessir...
      You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        and BTW the new album and the gig at the café wha? was mentioned in the GERMAN news...holy shit...last time I read something about =VH= here was when there was the Ga y Cherone debacle...

On behalf of all the loyal American VH fans ---- I sincerely apologize for Van Cherone visiting Europe in the late 90's ---- at least it wasnt that fat cunt Hagarita!

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

on the side with the review I foung this for your amusement

Well ---- I supposed we finally found one ugly douche who was inspired by Van Hagar!

Comment

• DlocRoth
            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            Fucking Raunchy...
            You nailed it, HOMBRE.

It's dirty.

And as others have stated, it sounds like a DLR solo tune with VH backing him........

This is a new, true partnership, my fellow Rothtards.

This disc is gonna kill.
            Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

dave's secret, what if skakespeare told his stories in ink
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

It's fuckin' great.

Sho nuff.

Catchy as shit. Ed's solo (and sound) is blistering.

Man, Ed's ending guitar part is brilliant. I haven't heard him end something with such restraint and great tone.

My only gripe is that I would still rather Mikey back-up than quadrupled Dave vocals there...

...but this is a good Van Halen song.
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Crap there is going to be a lot of David Lee Roth art on Chicks coming up. The Single.
                  Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                    It's fuckin' great.

Sho nuff.

Catchy as shit. Ed's solo (and sound) is blistering.

Man, Ed's ending guitar part is brilliant. I haven't heard him end something with such restraint and great tone.

My only gripe is that I would still rather Mikey back-up than quadrupled Dave vocals there...

...but this is a good Van Halen song.
                    are we happy or what, Mr. Sheeprazor?
                    Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

are we happy or what, Mr. Sheeprazor?
                      Happy doesn't even begin to describe it, my bartending buddy.

I can't believe there's a whole disc waiting for us. Pre-ordered the two-disc fucker...gonna play that album to death.

I'm ready for the AMEX pre-order tomorrow for the Chicago date in February (which the wife can go to!!...baby not due 'til mid-April) after asking my buddy if I can use his AMEX and get better seats.

13 fucking songs. SHE'S THE WOMAN on a Van Halen album. BULLETHEAD. God knows what else.

And while I'm not gonna quite claim that TATTOO is UNCHAINED or LITTLE DREAMER, it's freakin' great and better than anything the band has done since...well...ME WISE MAGIC.

Actually, fuck some of you turds. I still like ME WISE MAGIC more. That is a great fucking song. I'm not going to start shitting on it just because TATTOO is new. ME WISE MAGIC is a great fucking song.

But this new song is better than CAN'T GET THIS STUFF NO MORE.
                      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

Just listened to Tattoo in its entirety for the first time and......I am blown away. What a brilliant comeback. After all these years, this is truly a fitting song to announce the return of the great David Lee Roth and the rebirth of Van Halen in the studio. Tattoo will certainly get a lot of airplay and give the band appeal across a broad demographic. It will grab those in the younger generation who appreciate classic rock and expose more people to the CVH era.

Everything about this track is impressive. The lrics are cool and edgey, it's heavy yet groovy, and Eddie's solo is pure Edward Van Halen. Wow - can't wait for the album, which I suspect will be packed with that old Van Halen attitude.

Comment

• Pink Spider
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                          You nailed it, HOMBRE.

It's dirty.
                          Completely dirty.

The 30 second clip was a tease. This is: "dear God, I'm pregnant and I think the house may be on fire."

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

I can't believe there's a whole disc waiting for us. Pre-ordered the two-disc fucker...gonna play that album to death.

I'm ready for the AMEX pre-order tomorrow for the Chicago date in February (which the wife can go to!!...baby not due 'til mid-April) after asking my buddy if I can use his AMEX and get better seats.

13 fucking songs. SHE'S THE WOMAN on a Van Halen album. BULLETHEAD. God knows what else.

And while I'm not gonna quite claim that TATTOO is UNCHAINED or LITTLE DREAMER, it's freakin' great and better than anything the band has done since...well...ME WISE MAGIC.

Actually, fuck some of you turds. I still like ME WISE MAGIC more. That is a great fucking song. I'm not going to start shitting on it just because TATTOO is new. ME WISE MAGIC is a great fucking song.

I don't compare it to nothing and take it as a starting point...after 28 years it's a "new" chemistry based on the old magic...works perfect for me...
                            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Not gonna argue, Rikk.....

But this shit sounds organic. Its REAL. Its a band.
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Apr 2005

This is every strip bar's new favorite by month end!

Comment

Working...