The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K-tuna
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SunisinuS
    Lol that is the fourth time you have tried to spell sinus and still failed.

Rockabye Baby is the album fer ya. No politics on it.
    No , I just don't care who you are, dickupyourSinuss's...or shall I call you joltin Joe Biden .

Whats stupid is the fact you keep harping on the Politics....

Its was one point of many , why i was underwhelmed by "tattoo".
    No where did I say it was terrible, or it sucked. NO WHERE. I said it felt like a B-side type tune and that the "swap meet sally and sexy dragon magic" lines were a bit cheesy. thats basically it.

believe whatcha wanna believe @dickuphisSINUS'S
    Last edited by K-tuna; 01-10-2012, 05:48 PM.
    "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
      My only real beef with the video is no high kicks from Dave and Dave isn't holding a mic. But I understand that he can't do all the dance moves with a mic in his hand.
      First of all, I am proud to see you are still wearing THE GUNT as your avatar!!! uh huh uh huh

Second of all... I can assure you the days of David Lee Roth doing any sort of kicks are over. They have been over ever since he almost chopped his leg off with a sword when he was 50.

We don't need Roth doing those kicks anymore... or growing his hair longer and bleaching it.... Dave looks fine in the video.

I am just disapointed that there doesn't seem to be anything creative about it... it looks cheap and dull....

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!! I WAS EXPECTING A CLASSIC VIDEO!!!

BRING BACK THE MIDGETS DAVE!!!!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
        Head Fluffer
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by SunisinuS
        Umm, the verses are telling the "stories" and themes from OTHER Peoples Tattoos and Their Ideas for having the tatoo. I am sure some other person Told Dave about his uncle DANNY. Does Dave have an uncle Danny? Nope. Dave does not have an Elvis Elbow tatoo nor a hula ect ect. So he is not telling about HIS politics, he is just talking about moments in time for Other people. Gees, not everything said is literal.

Does Dave right now have his back against the record machine just because he is singing "Jump"?

Makes me wonder if people are even required to take literature classes anymore....
        1. He does have an Uncle Manny!
        2. Would anyone born after 1984 even know what a record machine is? Or even a record?

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
          Groupie
          • Jan 2012

After about 3 times hearing the tune it definitly grows on you. Dave sounds great and so does the boys!!
          Way fuckin better than ANYTHING spammy has done.
          Its got attitude, humor and packs a punch. Three things spam will never have!
          ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
          ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
          - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I disagree Karen Carpenter....

Jesus... I'm talking to a DEAD woman...

When I hear PANAMA on the radio... I think of the video... I see Eddie upside down on a vine when i'm listening to it...

When I hear HOT FOR TEACHER.... I do the HOT FOR TEACHER dance...

Videos are important.... TATTOO ALREADY HAS A HALF A MILLION VIEWS.... VIDEOS ARE IMPORTANT!!!!

Comment

• Catfish
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
              Bwahahahaha!@

Catpiss in da house! How you've been missed Brother! Mean Machine Nigga!

Originally posted by njbill
              LOL @ Mean Machine...when is THAT reunion?
              Since TWO of you bastards have brought it up, I will hijack this unimportant thread and announce that we intend to COVER 'Tattoo' on the 27th!

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
                Groupie
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by WARF
                I disagree Karen Carpenter....

Jesus... I'm talking to a DEAD woman...

When I hear PANAMA on the radio... I think of the video... I see Eddie upside down on a vine when i'm listening to it...

When I hear HOT FOR TEACHER.... I do the HOT FOR TEACHER dance...

Videos are important.... TATTOO ALREADY HAS A HALF A MILLION VIEWS.... VIDEOS ARE IMPORTANT!!!!
                Hey WARF CONGRATS on getting the nod to go to the Wha that must have been one hell of a night!!
                ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
                ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
                - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• nitroDave23
                  Roadie
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Anyone else find themselves just hitting "replay" over and over ??
                  yes!!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Grit
                    The Union reference doesn't bother me. Unions definitely had their place back in the day when owners did not give a crap about employee's Health, Wealth, etc. and workers fought to earn the right. As far as today, it's certainly debatable so "some of us still do" doesn't mean Dave does, in my view just an observation. My state of Wisconsin is right in the middle of that with our Governor and his recall looming.
                    Unless Dave starts going all Norma Rae on us, it's just a storytelling mechanism.

"TATTOO" is starting to grow on me, it's taken a few listens and I haven't heard it on a good sound system yet so I'm sure it's going to get even better!
                    Even when I don't have it playing, it's still in my head.

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by RUDE SADDLE
                      Hey WARF CONGRATS on getting the nod to go to the Wha that must have been one hell of a night!!
                      Va, that cheap fucker didn't wanna waste the gas! hahaha

He gave it to me!

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

I am MIXED about the whole situation. I absolutely LOVE the song... but the video is detrimental to the single.

The words aren't in sync with the Roths' mouth... I feel like I am watching a SHAW BROTHERS kung fu flick.

I feel they were trying to capture the essence of JUMP, the video looks very low budget. So I would say the special effects in JUMP seem more fresh.

I also don't like the video shot in Black and White....

The song is about Dave returning to VAN HALEN...

Put it in color.... AREN'T TATTOOS IN COLOR???

I was expecting a bunch of hot models wearing next to nothing showing their tattoos... something more creative...

The video seems like an afterthought... something intended for a promo that they made official.

With all that being said... I REALLY LOVE THIS SONG!!!!

So who cares about the video.... the days of MTV requesting this shit is over anyways!

I'm with Captain WARF on this one ---- why not saturate the video with gorgeous strippers showin' off their tramp stamps? That has Roth-Era written all over it !!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Bwahahahaha!@

Since TWO of you bastards have brought it up, I will hijack this unimportant thread and announce that we intend to COVER 'Tattoo' on the 27th!

I hope you have a new drummer. Last time I heard a Mean Machine track the drummer sucked donkey balls.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                            1. He does have an Uncle Manny!
                            2. Would anyone born after 1984 even know what a record machine is? Or even a record?
                            Danny is the line though I do believe.

Roth on G!
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Va, that cheap fucker didn't wanna waste the gas! hahaha

He gave it to me!
                              I'm kicking myself in the ass multiple times a day WARFy, trust me....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TJMKID
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Bwahahahaha!@

Make sure you post the YouTube link to the performance in here....

Nice kick, nigga!

Comment

Working...