The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catfish
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

The photographer looks fat. Why would VH have a fat chick in their video?

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
      A certain very pretty photographer is in the video a few times, so you should at least like that!
      That is why I cannot watch this video...

I am heartbroken Van halens' Official photographer won't date me!!! ;(

But like Jay Z says.... on to the next one!!! uh huh uh huh

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
        (Comment cancelled)
        Last edited by WARF; 01-10-2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

I know what the line is, and was just trying to make a joke, but failed.
          No you didn't....just leaving the new thing to flame war it's own pants (K-Tiny) It is on ignore, as no Sad Songs Tonight!

Yea I agree with WARF and the others on the video. A collection of shots from Tatoo conventions with them planted singing the song might have been a little more hip.

But the strip joints definitely have a new Anthem. Tatoo Tatoo!
          Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-10-2012, 06:24 PM. Reason: Autobiographic!
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            By the way, a little birdie told me that the girl in the "Tattoo" video with the black tank top is NOT our DDE contact, but rather she was still in the video a little bit....

GEM and WARF have met her, so maybe they know at what point of the video....
            I wasn't referring to your contact. Sorry that wasn't clear. The girl in the video in the black tank is the one who was between WARF and me throughout the show. Before the show started, the black tank top girl had staked out her spot right next to me and after we started chatting and she told me that she's the/a official band photographer, I asked if she's the one seen in the promo video (the one they used to announce the tour) and she blushed and said "yes."

I've only seen the Tattoo vid once, so I"ll watch again and look for your contact (a very cool person, btw!).

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JenniferM
              This video just doesn't seem to have Dave's stamp on it. He has always been the master of making creative, fun , sexy vids and this one just doesn't have the feel.
              Song ROCKS though! More! More! More!
              I bet you're sexy baybee... maybe you should be in the video standing still like CALIFORNIA GIRLS... as DLR dances around you!!!!

Comment

• Catfish
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                I think it's AL's wife.... she's beefin' up for 2012 baybee!!!!!!
                Didn't Dave make love to Alex's wife? Isn't that why Alex has been sore with Dave for all those years?

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                  Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Why would you have a fat chick in your avatar? Ooh wait, I know......

Oh dear.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2010

It's just bad angles, because she is NOT fat.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by WARF
                      That is why I cannot watch this video...

I am heartbroken Van halens' Official photographer won't date me!!! ;(

But like Jay Z says.... on to the next one!!! uh huh uh huh
                      Well, now that you're superfamous and in every magazine, maybe now you'll have a shot.

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by lesfunk
                        well, it took a little osmosis, but now I Cant Get TATTOO out of my head! The video makes it better! Van Halen has unleashed a Monster!
                        No, Monster is the title of the new KISS album.
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I wasn't referring to your contact. Sorry that wasn't clear. The girl in the video in the black tank is the one who was between WARF and me throughout the show. Before the show started, the black tank top girl had staked out her spot right next to me and after we started chatting and she told me that she's the/a official band photographer, I asked if she's the one seen in the promo video (the one they used to announce the tour) and she blushed and said "yes."

I've only seen the Tattoo vid once, so I"ll watch again and look for your contact (a very cool person, btw!).
                          Yeah she was adorable.... Dana! =)

Comment

• K-tuna
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                            No you didn't....just leaving the new thing to flame war it's own pants (K-Tiny) It is on ignore, as no Sad Songs Tonight!

Yea I agree with WARF and the others on the video. A collection of shots from Tatoo conventions with them planted singing the song might have been a little more hip.

But the strip joints definitely have a new Anthem. Tatoo Tatoo!
                            Sorry you got you mangina hurt, you probably shouldn't fold those double headers except for your special occasions.

Back to topic...

Wonder if Ed licensed that red button from Buckethead and Gibson? ( EDs guitars are Fender based)

Glad to see the reviews are good and only a few seem to be dismissive.
                            Last edited by K-tuna; 01-10-2012, 06:31 PM.
                            "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• WARF
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Didn't Dave make love to Alex's wife? Isn't that why Alex has been sore with Dave for all those years?
                              That was a crazy rumor years ago.. I am not sure if there is any truth to it.

Dave probably banged everyones' wife... He's DLR dude!!!

Comment

• WildTurkey
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Oct 2010

In contrast to a previous poster, I can see why someone wouldn't completely love this song. I'm not sold - though I did spent the dollar forty on it.

After about ten listens, I think the song, as a whole, is pretty okay. Good lyrics, the chorus is stuck in my head, the solo is vintage Ed.

Musically, I just find it a little generic for my taste. Most CVH songs that I really love have a guitar riff that just sinks its hooks into me, that I want to hear time and time again. I'm pretty sure I've heard this riff somewhere, though I can't place it - and I mean other than in "Down In Flames." This song just doesn't have that. Nearly all of the songs (not just VH) that I truly regard as classics have that quality.

All that said, I don't really have any complaints that are too serious. I already like it better than I did the first time I listened to it. I have a feeling I will end up regarding it in the same way that I think of "Cradle" - a decent song, one that I won't turn off should it come up, but not one that I'll flip to when I put the disc in. We'll see.

I will say that, as the single, this gives me hope for the album. Most of the great CVH tunes are the deep cuts, so I don't see a problem with the most commercially-friendly song being a little underwhelming.

While we're on the topic of "Things The Outro Sounds Like," I'm also going to nominate the intro to Aerosmith's "Nobody's Fault" from Rocks.
                                Last edited by WildTurkey; 01-10-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...