The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K-tuna
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

Looks like good news, ADKOT just shot to number 5 so far on ITUNES and the actual album it hasn't even hit yet. ( based on Tattoo and pre-orders ) Its on pace with the new Metallica ep that hit a couple weeks ago. it hit about as fast and went to #1 in just a day-couple days

Very good sign.
    Last edited by K-tuna; 01-10-2012, 09:30 PM.
    "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• Northern Girl
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
      Interesting talking point (for me I guess...)

I noticed on my iTunes that the writing credits are:

Van Halen & David Lee Roth

Discuss....
      Maybe Dave's making sure he has his own publishing this time around.

Didn't he get fucked in the past?
      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl

I believe that whole "percentages on the re-masters" thing...

Comment

• loveuhowie
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jan 2006

me likes it

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by K-tuna
            Looks like good news, ADKOT just shot to number 5 so far on ITUNES and the actual album it hasn't even hit yet. ( based on Tattoo and pre-orders ) Its on pace with the new Metallica ep that hit a couple weeks ago. it hit about as fast and went to #1 in just a day-couple days

Very good sign.
            If 2012 is the end of the world, it will be a hell of a year to end it!!!
            Last edited by So this is love; 01-10-2012, 09:42 PM.
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Full Bug
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl

Great point, I would think he has it covered....
              Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2004

I never listen to the radio anymore except for Lex and Terry so when they debuted it this morning I was stoked. Lex and Dee liked it. Terry's not sold. Yeah, i know wtf cares? Its a segway into saying I've read a couple of the press reviews this afternoon and a good 85% or more is all positive. I don't get where all the negativity is coming from except for the sheep which was to be expected. I dig it. I'm sold on this album. I bought the single on itunes. Fuck the sheep. They are doing this reunion album deal right and for that they have my full support. I'll say the video is not one of my favorites though. They're getting all kinds of positive press and if you've read "Crazy From The Heat" you'll recognize the blueprint as so far its been practically verbatim. I've yet to read a bad review from the Cafe Wha? show. Has anyone else read one?
                I'd rather they didn't play "YNG". As silly and nitpicky as this will sound I can't listen to that song without mentally hearing those really high whistle "No Good's" even when someone else covers it. It's like every time I hear Jimi's "Foxy Lady" all I can do is picture Garth in Wayne's World. I can't get it outta my head. I've associated it that way unintentionally and now can't break it. Funny thing is it doesn't bother me when Dave doesn't go for those whistle notes in any other song. It's just "YNG". Weird huh?
                Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• lesfunk
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Roth and VH have been separate entities for so long, they each have their own companies.
                  http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2004

And he's got a hellova lower end which I'm glad he's using. He didn't use it way back when and I like it. Hell, he's opened up quite a bit of his range since then even without those really high notes. I can't see how anyone could not notice and continue to say he has no range. Its B.S. I notice that argument is mostly coming from people who don't know shit and equates singing in a higher register to having more range. That tends to be the case with Hagar fans.
                    Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• Full Bug
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Watching the Maple Leafs game, and during the stop in play, they played VH 'Panama', and I said joking, "they should play Tattoo instead", and she said all serious, "shut the fuck up with the VH stuff, I am sick of hearing it".....
                      Wow, what a bitch, you would think she would be understanding how cool this day is, break up stuff? I wonder, BITCH.....
                      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• SNIPER
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

It sounds to me like Ed is using most of the bridge pick-up for leads again. Solo sounds killer!!

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                          Interesting talking point (for me I guess...)

I noticed on my iTunes that the writing credits are:

Van Halen & David Lee Roth

Discuss....
                          Think I noticed that the copyright listed for the song (on Amazon.co.uk) is "2011 The Three Twins, LLC and Diamond Dave Enterprises, Inc."

'Three Twins' = Ed, Al and Wolf ...
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VanHalenI
                            Roadie
                            • Dec 2010

True that man, true that... FUCKING VAN HALEN FINALLY SOME NEW SHIT COMES UP just when the worlds comin' to an end... I hope those guys make a huge WORLD TOUR Mexico, Europe, shit... Australia!
                            I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
                            It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• Whorehey
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

The grin on Dave's face during the first pre-chorus..
                              Holy crap, they JUST showed a commercial for Van Halen tickets during the Blackhawks game!!!
                              'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by K-tuna
                                No , actually, you're catching the end of some douche making it a bigger a deal then it was. My original post had several reasons why I didn't dig it.

And even that may be too strong to describe it. Maybe "underwhelmed" is better.

My main point is that coming off the AMAZING show and press of the Cafe Wha? performance, I think "Tattoo " as a single might STRATEGICALLY be a bad move IF the press received the song as being weak.

It looks like I might very well be WRONG as the press seems to be accepting it as good. I have no problem with that. I want them to destroy Slammy with a great album for the crap he's been saying in the press and just be A BADASS ALBUM.
                                Maybe you didn't hear me: Fuck you little Boy. We will take this up anyplace you want to Newbie. Bring it. You are in over your head. "Douche" was over in 7th grade over 4 years ago now. At least get hip to the Lingo.

And I mean it.

K?-Tiny?

You and Bleater just go bed down together.

Even Elvis will take your sorry ass out.

Sic'em Russell.

Savvy?

Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-10-2012, 10:25 PM. Reason: Pojo no worries, last time I will take this action in a thread...all pms to it from here on out.
                                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...