The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
    I think many people are overlooking the obvious about the "Tattoo" video - the whole thing is meant to be tongue and cheek.

The "botched" lip-syncing, the unplugged instruments, lack of microphones, and reverse film of Dave dancing and throwing (then catching) his scarf, are all an obvious poke at how hard some artists try to replicate a "live" performance for video, when they're just lip-syncing.

At least that's what I took away from the video - I loved it.
    Yup and Explodo Pink is use to catch criminals.

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.

So I like how "Purple Mountain Majesty" first talks to a Babe with Ink and then in the Wind Up he says "Purple Mountain Majesty" means I don't want or care to meet you." Damn, Four Years of Lyrical Thinking by Dave. NJ Van Halen.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
      Head Fluffer
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
      Same people who seem to be hating the new tune are the same who insist that the Stones haven't done a thing worth listening to since Tattoo You and Metallica hasn't has a single good song since Master of Puppets....

If you were expecting Unchained....I imagine you're upset.

I like it.
      I like it, too. I also really like "She's The Woman." And now we have a little less than a month to wait for the other 11 songs. Based on what I've heard so far, I'm excited.

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Dammit Dammit Dammit and thanks to DDE and This damn Website...I am starting to get the video as well.

If you start to notice certain elements are timed just right.

WARF for one. As I look like Wolfie and WARF at the same time....lmfao.

Least I Lived to see this Day.
        Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-11-2012, 02:15 AM. Reason: Fuck You DLR ARMY.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
          Head Fluffer
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
          Fucking Spammy and fake VH fans are tearing this song apart on YouTube comments.

Ignorant fuckers.
          I can almost feel sorry for the Sammy fans. This album and tour are giving such a HUGE boost to VH -- and their guy is on the outside looking in. VH is getting major publicity and people are paying ridiculous amounts of money for concert tickets, and it's as if Sammy never existed. He's totally irrelevant. They have Chickenfoot, but outside of hardcore fanatics, nobody knows who they are.

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
            I can almost feel sorry for the Sammy fans. This album and tour are giving such a HUGE boost to VH -- and their guy is on the outside looking in. VH is getting major publicity and people are paying ridiculous amounts of money for concert tickets, and it's as if Sammy never existed. He's totally irrelevant. They have Chickenfoot, but outside of hardcore fanatics, nobody knows who they are.
            It is Fucking Green Eyed Murder at this point. You know the Press. Damn Destruction.

NJ Murder and VH....Fucking Ban me for Posting Too Much....but Fucking Veneration.

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

QUOTE=GreenEyedMurder;1592225]I can almost feel sorry for the Sammy fans. This album and tour are giving such a HUGE boost to VH -- and their guy is on the outside looking in. VH is getting major publicity and people are paying ridiculous amounts of money for concert tickets, and it's as if Sammy never existed. He's totally irrelevant. They have Chickenfoot, but outside of hardcore fanatics, nobody knows who they are.[/QUOTE]

It is Fucking Green Eyed Murder at this point. You know the Press. Damn Destruction.

NJ Murder and VH....Fucking Ban me for Posting Too Much....but Fucking Veneration.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

after the 700th listen, it still kicks ass
                Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• vanshipman
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

After constant listening to this song, Im kind of getting a "Cradle Will Rock" vibe, which is a good thing. It cracks me up to read some of the moronic responses from Hagar fans about it being horrible, etc. Sounds like Vintage VH to me, which is something Sammy could never replicate. If you took every song that a Sammy Hagar lover insisted that "Rocks" it wouldnt measure up to one from Van Halen. Now if Sammy wants to tour with Jimmy Buffet and Toby Keith, and possibly Journey, he will be right at home. Thats unless of course the Buffet fans reject him for taking the glow in the dark clothes a little too far...

Comment

• fifth element
                    Commando
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                    key word:
                    almost
                    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Fuck any disgruntled Sammy fans.
                      Fuck Hagar !

If they really truly love Van Halen, then they have to hate him
                      on his recent book alone. That shit was totally disrepectful.
                      We won, they lost.

End of story.
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark

We won, they lost.

End of story.
                        amen to that, Mark!
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

I just tortured myself a bit and listened to their last single "It's about time"...no comparism...no vibe, nothing...annoying after a few seconds...no grove, nothing...

ed complaining about the crowd going death when they were playing new songs on the 2003 to(rt)ur...well ed, no wonder if they suck that bad...now imagine all of us with a wounded thumb from pressing the replay button singing along to the new shit...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                            Fuck Hagar !

Yeah, they say it doesn't sound like VH. Umm, have they heard "Feelin'", "Not Enough", "How Many Say I", "Josephine"........................

Tattoo sounds like Van Halen because IT IS VAN HALEN.

Why Hagar fans still feel the need to go to VH forums is beyond me. They always brag how much great stuff he has done since VH....well then, why are you still on a VH site? Idiots.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Yount
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                              Yup and Explodo Pink is use to catch criminals.

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.

So I like how "Purple Mountain Majesty" first talks to a Babe with Ink and then in the Wind Up he says "Purple Mountain Majesty" means I don't want or care to meet you." Damn, Four Years of Lyrical Thinking by Dave. NJ Van Halen.
                              Yeah, Roth fans listen on multi-levels!

Comment

• Panamark
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

I have no idea why Chickenpoop fans hang out in VH world ?
                                Do they want the "poop" to disband and Sammy to sing
                                Dreams again ?
                                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...