The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

"Tattoo" keeps playing in my mind that's on repeat mode, can't help it!!
    I dunno how to skip to another song, and Feb. 7th is way too far!
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
      Head Fluffer
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Panamark
      I have no idea why Chickenpoop fans hang out in VH world ?
      Do they want the "poop" to disband and Sammy to sing
      Dreams again ?
      On the positive side, at least they won't have to fork over big money to see Chickenfoot in concert -- they can just go to the local IHOP one day soon.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
        Head Fluffer
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by K-tuna
        Eh....Slammy Pay-gars lyrics on "About Time " and '" Up for Breakfast " were pretty wretchedly cheesy, but the music for those songs were pretty slammin'. Only Ed can come up with a groove riff for a song with pick scrapes. I wish i had some software to isolate the tracks from the vocals.

But That book stuff was so bad he deserved a size 14 boot up the wazzo for the horrible crap he wrote.
        Yep, some of the things he wrote in that book were hideous and just a big case of sour grapes. He really does come off as the jilted girl whose boyfriend dumped her for a hotter girl, and she's just never going to get over it -- or shut up about it.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
          Head Fluffer
          • Dec 2005

My first impression :"Tattoo" is better than CGTSNM and MWM, the pre chorus and the chorus are vicious...can't get off my mind, which is a good sign.

The song sounds like 1998's DLR band with a slightly better production...which is also an amazing thing because that's one of my favorites VH/DLR discs....

I can see this new single and the new album hitting the number one spot in the charts of the whole world!!!

Can't wait to see them rocking Brasil!!
          www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Angel
            I can't stand reading the comments on Youtube anymore... Can't wait for the entire album to come out and put these idiots in their place. I love the song, and it's the freaking single, which is usually my least favourite. I remember how disappointed I was when I first heard "Jump", and I still cringe whenever I hear it....
            For many years, I didn't really care for "Jump." But then it made its way into my workout playlist on the iPod, and since last week, it now has special meaning for me.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I think its somewhat a miracle that the band was able to create something new despite everything these guys have gone through over the years:

Booze, babes, fame, money, drugs, more booze, solo ventures, first (and ugliest) breakup with Dave, hiring shitty replacement no. 1, breakup with replacement no. 1, "fake" reunion with Dave and second breakup with him, hiring shitty replacement no. 2, breakup with replacement no. 2, attempted reunion with Dave again, Eddie's divorce and cancer, Eddie's decent into Hobo/Meth land, shitty reunion tour with replacement no. 1, breakup with replacement no. 1 and with bass player, reunion tour with Dave through Eddie's struggles with alcoholism......

and here we are.

The band - Dave, Ed, Al and Wolf are all ready to rock and have delivered an honest and rocking song to kick things off.

Wow.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

The funny thing is that I can't help but think that if all of this 'internet social networking you tube vimeo' shit was in place when VH released the "Oh! Pretty Woman" single on the heels of the 'Fair Warning' album, you'd be seeing the same amount of criticism that you are seeing in response to 'Tattoo'. In this day and age everyone with a computer/smartphone/tablet is a critic... not just those Elvis Costello looking motherfuckers.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  ... not just those Elvis Costello looking motherfuckers.
                  Everybody....actually Mr Walker is Diamond Dave!!!
                  www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
                    Groupie
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                    No kidding, but there are still some smaller stations out there that you can call in and request and I did so on my local NJ station and they do play requests. The corporately owned ones will play a request if it is in their play list and at least on the Classic rock stations, this song probably is in the play list right now.
                    These fucks should be playing it all day. Take a fuckin break from the normal repeted bullshit and play some new VH. Called all morning still aint hearing shit.
                    ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
                    ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
                    - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• SFG
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Feb 2009

The funny thing is that I can't help but think that if all of this 'internet social networking you tube vimeo' shit was in place when VH released the "Oh! Pretty Woman" single on the heels of the 'Fair Warning' album, you'd be seeing the same amount of criticism that you are seeing in response to 'Tattoo'. In this day and age everyone with a computer/smartphone/tablet is a critic... not just those Elvis Costello looking motherfuckers.
                      LMFAO! That is all I read is that they sounded "older" and "different". Well face the facts they are older and to "re-create" another 1984 or Fair Warning is jsut plain ridiculous to set the bar that high.

Oh and nice to see you again Walker...

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SFG
                        LMFAO! That is all I read is that they sounded "older" and "different". Well face the facts they are older and to "re-create" another 1984 or Fair Warning is jsut plain ridiculous to set the bar that high.

Oh and nice to see you again Walker...
                        Hello Spanish Gay Guy

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

I don't know if anyone else here has called into their local radio to request the song, but I did this morning.

My request is on now......now to see if I can win those tickets!!!!!

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by RUDE SADDLE
                            These fucks should be playing it all day. Take a fuckin break from the normal repeted bullshit and play some new VH. Called all morning still aint hearing shit.
                            Try Q104.3 as well.

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2012

Try Q104.3 as well.
                              I did they play the same fucking songs everyday.
                              ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
                              ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
                              - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

So true, I made a similar point earlier.

Comment

Working...