The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    My latest Tweet....

Roth_Army @VanHalenNation @vhlinksdotcom @vanhalennews "Tattoo" is the #1 Rock single in U.S., Canada, Finland, and Netherlands...
    Wed, Jan 11 17:31:38 from TwInbox
    I saw they were #19 in the itunes top 100 chart. IMO, that's a remarkable feat. Van Halen with Roth in the top 40 in 2012... that's just awesome!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by SNIPER
      NO NO NO!!! No VH on AI!! I would be embarrassed for the entire VH community if they did that.
      Or if Dave did Dancing with the stars......

Oh dear.

Comment

• So this is love
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
        CHOM 97.7 FM in Montreal can suck a dick - they promote themselves as "The Spirit of Rock", and haven't played "Tattoo" once since it was released yesterday.

Instead, they keep playing the same worn out Sam Roberts, April Wine, and Coldplay songs 10 times a day...cockmunchers.

Thank God for iTunes and YouTube
        They did not play it often I agree since yesterday, but the broadcast history is screwd up, yesterday they played tattoo several times but its not evenon their schedule.
        Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Note, that's the ROCK chart, not the overall chart....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• tjvhou812
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Note, that's the ROCK chart, not the overall chart....
            i just posted on youtube about a half hour ago that tattoo would hit number 1 in the rock charts

bring on the halen!!!!!!!!
            Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• AccidentalAngel
              Full On Cocktard
              • Feb 2008

My latest Tweet....

Roth_Army @VanHalenNation @vhlinksdotcom @vanhalennews "Tattoo" is the #1 Rock single in U.S., Canada, Finland, and Netherlands...
              Glad to have contributed to that. Bought it from itunes, put it on a cd an had it on repeat on my car stereo for the best part of the day. Love it, love it, love it!!!!! Not a clue if they played it on dutch radio of course but i'll bomb the most likely radiostations with requests later this week, just wanted to enjoy this for now. It sounds really great on a car stereo, try it!

Comment

• JIMJAM
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Jul 2004

Longtime lurker and Vh musician since the early 80s.
                That said............ I just had to comment on the FM radio station comments. Trust me you guys have it good. The local station here, FOX 102.3 has to be one of the worst excuses for a radio station. They call themselves "Classic Rock".
                Its one of those stations that when you turn it on its the same dam song you heard the last time you turned it on. No matter who it be, Stones, ZZ top, Who, its the same dam song EVERY TIME. Even the fukin commercials are the same ones that have been running for years. The DJ has that crazy deep,voice with tons of reverb that Dave made fun of in a vid I saw. You know that ones they use for monster truck events and rock concerts back in the day.
                And lastly........ No shit. I have a old classic 1981 car with its stock radio still in it. Thats the only time I listen to FM radio. At least once a week I take it for a good 30 mile drive and I rarely even get to listen to any music. Its ALL FUKIN COMMERCIALS! That drive takes me a good 20 minutes and there are times when its all commercials!
                Rant over. On "Tattoo" From a old school hard rock guitar player for 30 years perpective I have mixed feelings. I would have been happier their opening release been faster,heavier and more guitar focused instead of a what made marketing sense. Its obvious Dave has alot of control now with this song showcasing his always clever use of words. His painfull sounding bridge right before the solo does make me cringe a little hahahah. He is the Evh of words but alot of people just do not get it. Fuck em. Hell for 10 years I thought "Thought youd never miss me til I got a big city address" was "till I got to the back seat of your dress".

Comment

• slimdon
                  Roadie
                  • Feb 2004

Dave, Ed and Al's snare...

...in 2012, and that's pretty f**king cool in my books. After a ton of listens, I'm hooked and love the tune. I'm looking very forward to kicking off my show this Friday afternoon with 'Tattoo', then concluding with it as well. I (like the rest of us) have been waiting a real long time for this stuff, so I'm gunna shove it down as many people's throats as I can!

On my way in to get myself a tattoo today I stopped by the pizza joint to grab a slice, and wouldn't ya know it 'Tattoo' was crankin' through the Pizza Parlour system. Twas a sign from Ra.

2012 and we've got new Van Halen. Thank you Wolf for kicking your dad's ass into shape and getting thee man back into the fold. Thank you very much. I can't say that enough. I'm so very looking forward to Feb 7th.

Amen. We've all been saved,

The Reverend

Comment

• franksters
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
                    They did not play it often I agree since yesterday, but the broadcast history is screwd up, yesterday they played tattoo several times but its not evenon their schedule.
                    is it just me or there is a lot of people on here from mtl?
                    SUMMER'S JUST
                    AROUND
                    THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• chi-town324
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Feb 2007

i played it for a guy at work not a fanatic like me and he said...yep, thats fuckin Van Halen!!

Comment

• jgdrag
                        Sniper
                        • Jul 2005

Sounds like solo Dave?

Comment

• jabrow75
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by K-tuna
                          I know the preference of using Amazon is there with a lot of members, but since they're goofing so bad , have you tried Itunes?
                          I personally have no use for iTunes and no plans on installing, setting up payment option, etc for one damn song. Besides that, I have mp3 credits on Amazon from previous CD purchases. Is this really an Amazon screw up or some exclusive deal with iTunes for the single release in the US? Who knows, but at this point I may just wait for the full CD release. I've already heard the song and seen the video and can listen again anytime on YouTube.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            I was just hoping after 28 years, to get punched in the face!
                            If you're really looking to get punched in the face, I'll give you my address and you can stop by the next time you are in the area to watch your favorite overpaid overhyped homo baseball team in that shitty stadium of theirs!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Anger management.

Oh dear.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Oct 2010

My latest Tweet....

Wow! That is cause for celebration!

Comment

Working...