The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Part of me wishes they would release the new songs one at a time...i've listened to 'Tattoo' about 100 times.

I can't get 'TAh-TOO, TAh-TOO' out of my head.

It makes me happy.

I doubt that I will (be able) to listen to the other songs 100 times in 2 1/2 days.

Of course this is hyperbole, and maybe it's part of the anticipation of a new Van Halen record FINALLY, but I think the song is a MASTERPIECE. MWM and CGTSNM did not infect my brain like this song has.

Maybe I am in the minority in that I was not expecting, or hoping for, Van Halen to re-write Fair Warning.

Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks. I am currently out of my mind, and I don't know when i'm coming down. And fuck anyone who doesn't 'get it'...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Grit
      Roadie
      • Oct 2011

Spent too much time on Youtube smakin' Spammy Lovers. Not worth the time when those queers decided they hated it before they even heard it!

Comment

• 1971Quarter
        Roadie
        • Feb 2006

I'm freakin trying to listen to "Tattoo" AGAIN today at work and my stupid co-workers keep trying to talk to me. Hello?!? You're distracting me!!!!

*sheesh*

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by 1971Quarter
          I'm freakin trying to listen to "Tattoo" AGAIN today at work and my stupid co-workers keep trying to talk to me. Hello?!? You're distracting me!!!!

*sheesh*
          How do you think I feel? After three months of dicking with things, I finally figured out a way to see videos on my work computer. But I still can't HEAR the damned things! (Putting on headphones or a set of ear buds and hollering along with the music is more or less a dead giveaway that I'm not doing my job, ya know?)

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• 1971Quarter
            Roadie
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
            How do you think I feel? After three months of dicking with things, I finally figured out a way to see videos on my work computer. But I still can't HEAR the damned things! (Putting on headphones or a set of ear buds and hollering along with the music is more or less a dead giveaway that I'm not doing my job, ya know?)
            Aside from the crappy pay, d-bag co-workers, and 3 hour round trip, the one good thing about my job is I can sit on the internet and listen to music at my desk ... maybe that's part of the reason my pay sucks!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
              Part of me wishes they would release the new songs one at a time...i've listened to 'Tattoo' about 100 times.

It makes me happy.

I doubt that I will (be able) to listen to the other songs 100 times in 2 1/2 days.

Of course this is hyperbole, and maybe it's part of the anticipation of a new Van Halen record FINALLY, but I think the song is a MASTERPIECE. MWM and CGTSNM did not infect my brain like this song has.

Maybe I am in the minority in that I was not expecting, or hoping for, Van Halen to re-write Fair Warning.

Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks. I am currently out of my mind, and I don't know when i'm coming down. And fuck anyone who doesn't 'get it'...
              same here! do I give a shit about sale numbers? how often they play it on the radio? or how often the spambo lovers die in front of youtube watching it? fuck no...it's VAN HALEN with Dave...I got it right in front of my naked steaming eyes and can listen to it as often as I want by hitting the replay button...

got a great vid, with a great vibe...some JUMP! reloaded but modern and with that black and white style that makes it classic...the band looks good, looks like they are havind fun...

and yes, if you find a bottle of water in the desert you drink it, no matter what...

but this bottle is full of fresh water...can't wait for the bottle of jack to come with the album!
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
                Groupie
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by 1971Quarter

*sheesh*
                Co-workers gettin' crazy 'bout the noise next door It's a major violation, carried away for sure!!
                ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
                ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
                - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Fuck yeah!!! My local record store owner friend said he would sell me a copy as soon as he gets them in!!

Comment

• Heater
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by SNIPER
                    Fuck yeah!!! My local record store owner friend said he would sell me a copy as soon as he gets them in!!
                    Isn't that how record stores work?

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                      As in, Monday, February 6th? Speaking as a former record store manager, I doubt this. Unless you two are total besties and he knows you won't run to the internet with it. Breaking street date is a total no-no. Record stores will get this drop-shipped on that Monday. If I was still managing the record store I would open one up and play it in the back room as soon as I got it, but no way I would "sell" a copy before street date.
                      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It makes me happy.

You've heard the term that song has "hooks"... Tattoo is a fully barbed treble fucking hook from hell. It's been set good...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

As in, Monday, February 6th? Speaking as a former record store manager, I doubt this. Unless you two are total besties and he knows you won't run to the internet with it. Breaking street date is a total no-no. Record stores will get this drop-shipped on that Monday. If I was still managing the record store I would open one up and play it in the back room as soon as I got it, but no way I would "sell" a copy before street date.
                          In the days before the internets you might see this happen. A cool record store manager was known to slip mega-fans some early vinyl for an extra twenty back in the day. But now tracks can get leaked before a kid even leaves the mall.
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don't think it never happened...I managed a corporate record store, not an indie shop. Corporate stores are by the book unless you want to get fired...

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by ashstralia
                              . the unison bends and dave wailing sexay dragon magic.
                              i'm surprised no-ones mentioned that, then again, i may be deaf.

tat-too tat-too
                              And Even the Chinese Undemocracy is going with it.

Year of that Sexy Dragon Magic!

Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-12-2012, 04:50 PM. Reason: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AhVFg.xAL.ew5JhCur2zMoabvZx4?p=year+of+the+Dragon&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Yes, that is what I am talking about. But not the Manager. The owner. A friend for 15 years. I am not talk out my ass here. And of course I will not say where, who, or even post it in any shape, way or form. But I will have it. Thats all I am saying.

Comment

Working...