The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanHalener
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The best thing about this song is I get to crank it, and crank it, and crank it, and crank it, and crank it again and again.

The sheep can suck THIS!
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

Can I just say...nice to see the King of Hill Back....and of course would love to hear Eddie on piano on this:

Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-14-2012, 12:47 AM. Reason: Just B. E.
      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

I personally don't know the difference between a pre-chorus and a dinosaurus...But I really dig Tattoo. I know some people don't like Tattoo because they were expecting a new version of Unchained or Somebody Get Me A Doctor or - insert your favorite VH song here - but these ain't the same guys who created those songs. This is three guys who 27 years after they split up decided to do the IMPOSSIBLE! You either like it or you don't - you pays your dollar and you takes your chances. Me? I'll take another serving of Tattoo
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Massive relief that its nothing like those "creations" the brothers did with Spammy a few years back.

This is a real band playing.
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sambo
            Hey HH

Yep, saw iTunes Australia has it released on 3 February 2012 but no bonus tracks / tshirts etc.

For us Down Under, that means 3 weeks from today.....
            Some people are concerned that the album will only be available at K-Mart. I just checked with one of my local music stores (a real music store - old and gnarley looking) and the guy told me any K-Mart type deal will only be for the US. All music stores in Australia will stock it. Good to hear. I really DON'T want to buy it from K-Mart.

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
              Some people are concerned that the album will only be available at K-Mart. I just checked with one of my local music stores (a real music store - old and gnarley looking) and the guy told me any K-Mart type deal will only be for the US. All music stores in Australia will stock it. Good to hear. I really DON'T want to buy it from K-Mart.
              Great news !
              I admire any of the small independant record stores that are still in business. When you see Blockbuster video closing
              shops everywhere, makes you wonder how these guys survive.
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                Anyone wonder why they didn't leave it as Down In Flames ?? Just asking.
                The subject matter of Tattoo is very 2012. In Australia, just about every 18-25 year-old has one. Tattoos are truly mainstream now and this song will catch the attention of young people who like hard rock, particularly with Dave's cool, edgey lyrics giving it the kind of street cred associated with body art. I've noticed a lot of women love the song - labelling it as 'sexy'.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                  Massive relief that its nothing like those "creations" the brothers did with Spammy a few years back.

The difference between Dave being at the helm of Van Halen and Sammy being the lead singer is kinda like the difference between me driving myself to work or being driven there by Mario Andretti. If Mario drives, you know that you're gonna get a ticket, and it might hurt. But you're gonna get there in record time and you'll have a smile on your face! If Sammy's driving...well, you'll get there. At some point. Probably after you toss his ass out of the car..but you'll get there.

Comment

• Halen High
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

Great news !
                    I admire any of the small independant record stores that are still in business. When you see Blockbuster video closing
                    shops everywhere, makes you wonder how these guys survive.
                    Yeah I was saddened to see my old favourite music store in the Rundle Mall close after 43 years just a few weeks ago. Andromeda Records in Adelaide is hanging on though - that's where I bought 'Van Halen' - I will be attempting to pick up a vinyl copy of ADKOT right there. Fuck I'm nostalgic.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Anybody remember Camelot or Record Bar?

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

And boy did we have a lot of fun reviewing those clunkers......and reading the attendance figures.....the concert reviews etc etc

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

The subject matter of Tattoo is very 2012. In Australia, just about every 18-25 year-old has one. Tattoos are truly mainstream now and this song will catch the attention of young people who like hard rock, particularly with Dave's cool, edgey lyrics giving it the kind of street cred associated with body art. I've noticed a lot of women love the song - labelling it as 'sexy'.
                          I love how Dave is making subtle fun of all of them. Man Good Job VH!

=VH=
                          Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-14-2012, 02:11 AM. Reason: Well actually straight in their Fuckin Face. =VH=
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Let's just break this down to the lowest common demoninator here...If you go to a Sammy show you have a coupla shots of Cabo Whatever and say to your girlfriend, "are you having a good time honey?" If you go to a Van Fuckin' Halen show you take a couple pulls off a bottle of Jack and then, after the third song, you look at your girlfriend and say "if you don't like this there's something wrong with you"...

Comment

• tjvhou812
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

This is the calm after the storm, But dont get too relaxed cause on 2.7.12 there gonna be a fucking earthquake

DAVID LEE ROTH isnt VAN HALEN.... BUT it aint VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH

WORD TOO YOUR MOTHER
                              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Panamark
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Yeah I was saddened to see my old favourite music store in the Rundle Mall close after 43 years just a few weeks ago. Andromeda Records in Adelaide is hanging on though - that's where I bought 'Van Halen' - I will be attempting to pick up a vinyl copy of ADKOT right there. Fuck I'm nostalgic.
                                I spent primary school years in Adelaide and went to Rundle Mall lots of times, I would have seen this store, if it cant exist in
                                Rundle, thats really bad signs. Hope Andromeda is still there in 3 weeks !
                                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...