The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
    "when you stick your head above the crowd... someone's gonna throw a rock at it... i think it says that in the bible somewhere..."

I think that was a Daveism.

I saw someone comment that Ed and Al are using these old tracks with Dave so they can use their really grate new music with Sam in the future... I had a big belly laugh over that one.
    Now THAT'S funny!! Yeah, all of this, everything they're doing, is just to prime the pump so Eddie and Al can bring Sammy back..'cause God knows the public is DYING for more Sammy. Hey, didn't he have a new record out or something? Fuck that guy
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

NO SHIT BABY!

ONE MILLION FUCKING HITS IN LESS THAN 2 FUCKING DAYS!

Absolutely KICKASS!

THIS IS WHAT THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN IS ALL ABOUT!

And yes...the chorus to the song is getting stuck in my head......not quite the bombshell in the time it took to get that new tattoo....new tattoo.....

Fucking awesome!

And not just cause it is a great song.....but also because it's success is slapping the fucking cheezefuckers in their sobbing faces!

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

I love the critics that are saying "why are they using songs that weren't good enough to make it on an album back when they wrote them?"
        Holy shit... what fucking song are you gonna bump from the first four Van Halen albums (i could pick a few from the last two i.e. "I'll Wait", "Dancing In The Streets").

Comment

• Douglas T.
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Listen to 3:26 here and then the final chords of Tattoo!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            NO SHIT BABY!

ONE MILLION FUCKING HITS IN LESS THAN 2 FUCKING DAYS!

Absolutely KICKASS!

THIS IS WHAT THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN IS ALL ABOUT!

And yes...the chorus to the song is getting stuck in my head......not quite the bombshell in the time it took to get that new tattoo....new tattoo.....

Fucking awesome!

And not just cause it is a great song.....but also because it's success is slapping the fucking cheezefuckers in their sobbing faces!
            "mousewife to momshell"
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DLR'sCock
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              My latest Tweet....

Roth_Army @VanHalenNation @vhlinksdotcom @vanhalennews "Tattoo" is the #1 Rock single in U.S., Canada, Finland, and Netherlands...
              Wed, Jan 11 17:31:38 from TwInbox

It is? Sweet!!!!

Comment

• ian_hitmanhart
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Feb 2004

"Swapmeet Sally, trampstamp cat, mousewife to momshell in the time it took to get that new tattoo" is such a brilliant lyric. There might be better songs on the new album, but that lyric might never be topped. Awesome.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Douglas T.
                  Listen to 3:26 here and then the final chords of Tattoo!

Or 2:33 of this:

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    The Rolling Stone article is ridiculous. The wording is such that they definitely imply that Van Halen is pulling the ol' wool over the fans eyes. Them with their fucking "you decide for yourself" comparison clips. What degenerate assholes. Not only is there nothing at all wrong with VH doing what they did, but it was reported about a year ago that they may record this way. Many bands have done it. The thing that gets me is that if Thom Yorke was to put out a new Radiohead CD based on 4-track recordings from his bedroom in 1988, Rolling Stone would be giving it 4 stars without hearing it. I also like that they say, "thankfully, we were checking in on Sammy Hagar and he had this to say..." Since when have they ever given a flying fuck about him and who is he, their official news correspondant for bands other than his?
                    Rolling Stone hasn't been relevant since Carter was President.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

If other people don't like Tattoo, who cares?

There are some strange musical tastes out there.

I mean, look at the top artists of 2010. I'm glad I'm not part of that group.
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

All I know is, seeing Dave and Eddie standing side-by-side in the video, singing the chorus lyrics...

I got goosebumps.

I don't care what some say. I love the fucking video.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• jabrow75
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          give me good ol' drag and drop, and i don't need a piece of software to manage my collection, i know where i put everything.
                          Exactly, plus I figure at this point the download will be of no use to me in a few weeks anyway when I have the full CD in my hands! Besides, I have instant access to it from the video when I need a fix between now and then!

At first I was going back and forth on whether I liked the song or not, but one things for sure... I can't stop singing it! Can't wait for the album!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Rikk
                            All I know is, seeing Dave and Eddie standing side-by-side in the video, singing the chorus lyrics...

I got goosebumps.

I don't care what some say. I love the fucking video.
                            That's because it's the first new VH material since 1984!!!

Comment

• jabrow75
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jan 2004

Watching the video again... the smile on Dave's face at 0:53-1:05 is priceless! Damn right "Tonight's about me, not your ^#&@ hip" and don't you forget it! Dave's back!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Plus, this video has Diamond Dave's stamp all over it. I hate to say this, but it's true: Dave's doing all the same things in this video that he was doing during the '96 VMA fiasco. And this time, this fucking time, Eddie seems to finally get it. Dave is DAVE. Let him do what he wants and run with it. Hell, it worked for how many years before the band split up??? The Tattoo video is so close to the Shoobop video that it's unreal. Just like the videos that we all know and love from Van Halen. That's Roth - plain and simple. Van Halen IS David Lee Roth...

Comment

Working...