Van Halen - The Downtown Sessions - "You Really Got Me" Video...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

This is working here in Frogland: http://youtu.be/vakAhzE7vS0 ...

... so it must be anywhere else!

Just saw it for the first time, and laughed a lot, it's just shear fun IMO...

A ballsy move from VH, because they're exposed in there, but it fits if you bear in mind
    how and why it as made!

:bottle:
    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 01-19-2012, 01:04 PM.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Sweet, Tap Dancing Jesus, I've about had enough of this shit.

Over the past couple of weeks, we have been provided evidence FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE that David Lee Roth has returned to and is engaged in revitalizing the entity known as Van Halen. This after roughly 30 years of baloney that amounted to no more than speculation or disappointment, and what happens? Every self-entitled nitwit with computer access (via work, a library card or their mom's house) comes along and throws his/her informed opinion around, offering personal critiques as to how/why it isn't any good.

This is the very reason that around the time this album drops, I'm going to Walmart to buy a copy that has a t shirt and a second that includes the DVD, stopping by a liquor store to get a liter or two of vodka, and most importantly, shutting off my computer so I can make up my own mind about the album without having some twit offer an instant review after a 30 second listen or whine about how difficult it was to get the shrink wrap off the damned CD. Or better yet, having listened to a handful of tracks (once again for the total cost of nothing) from the internet.

Yeah, I'm usually the go-to guy when it comes to pointing out the remarkable indifference the VH clan has shown toward it's fan base, but hell, people. No one is asking you to drink the imagined Kool Aid here. Instead of coming up with a bunch of self-centered whining about what isn't taking place, how's about embracing what in fact is?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sinner's swing
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by chefcraig
        Sweet, Tap Dancing Jesus, I've about had enough of this shit.

Over the past couple of weeks, we have been provided evidence FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE that David Lee Roth has returned to and is engaged in revitalizing the entity known as Van Halen. This after roughly 30 years of baloney that amounted to no more than speculation or disappointment, and what happens? Every self-entitled nitwit with computer access (via work, a library card or their mom's house) comes along and throws his/her informed opinion around, offering personal critiques as to how/why it isn't any good.

This is the very reason that around the time this album drops, I'm going to Walmart to buy a copy that has a t shirt and a second that includes the DVD, stopping by a liquor store to get a liter or two of vodka, and most importantly, shutting off my computer so I can make up my own mind about the album without having some twit offer an instant review after a 30 second listen or whine about how difficult it was to get the shrink wrap off the damned CD. Or better yet, having listened to a handful of tracks (once again for the total cost of nothing) from the internet.

Yeah, I'm usually the go-to guy when it comes to pointing out the remarkable indifference the VH clan has shown toward it's fan base, but hell, people. No one is asking you to drink the imagined Kool Aid here. Instead of coming up with a bunch of self-centered whining about what isn't taking place, how's about embracing what in fact is?
        Bravo!!!
        But you'll get the lot who will reiterate their "right" to not like it. In perspective, Van Halen is giving us stuff!!!! GIVING. Who thought that would ever happen? Keep it coming guys, we're starved!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Naw man...

Just because it's Dave and Edward that doesn't mean it's great...
          And it doesn't have to be "great" to be fun and cool...I'm not expecting, nor do I need, the heavens to open up and glorious Angelic trumpets every time I hear Van Halen fucking around to enjoy it...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

It can't hurt that Ed is probably in a much healthier state of mind.

He sure looks a lot better than I have seen him in years. Alcohol can cripple you emotionally.

Keep on healing Ed.
            WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• wiseguy
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2004

WTF?! I haven't even seen it yet and it sounds fucking awesome. Criticizing anything to do with Roth on a Roth fan site is completely ridiculous. Anyone who starts rippin' apart something that most of us have longed for for the better part of 3 decades can go fuck a hat!
              Stay frosty now.
              Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• Full Bug
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                This is working here in Frogland: http://youtu.be/vakAhzE7vS0 ...

... so it must be anywhere else!

Just saw it for the first time, and laughed a lot, it's just shear fun IMO...

A ballsy move from VH, because they're exposed in there, but it fits if you bear in mind
                how and why it as made!

:bottle:
                Thanx! First link I have used that worked!
                Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  And it doesn't have to be "great" to be fun and cool...I'm not expecting, nor do I need, the heavens to open up and glorious Angelic trumpets every time I hear Van Halen fucking around to enjoy it...
                  Good point...

Although I generally expect that heavens and trumpet stuff every time I enter a room... It's good to be king...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    I'm not trying to be a killjoy here, but c'mon...

That performance pretty much sucks...

The best part is the backup vocals...

The guitar is sloppy and the singing is just plain bad...

I've listened to it nearly 20 times trying to find something good...

Van Halen back in the day would have never released something so bad...

I watched this once yesterday and it's not really that good at all. That tone Dave has for the verses just sounds quite odd and tight.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Ain't that the damn truth.

Some people are delusional. I am happy that one of my favourite bands is back together making music - I do not expect - much less DEMAND - that music to be on par with their glory days. As long as it's good, I'm good.
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I heard a rumour that Wolfie does a solo cover of 'I am the Walrus' as a bonus track on the bonus disc.....
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          I don't have a problem with people giving constructive criticism with any of the things given to us by the band since the 26th announcement...

But I will always look at those from the big picture....

We've been here since 1999, most of the oldtimers here on a DAILY basis, while the band gave us absolutely fucking NOTHING....

And that includes the entire timeframe of the 2007-2008 tour.... Basically the band went on tour, kept their mouth shut, and that was pretty much it....

But now, with the new album in the can, the band went out of their way, FIRST AND FOREMOST, to reach out to their longtime fanbases here, at VHND and at VHLinks....

That, to me, is so fucking cool of them.... I'd like to buy a beer to whoever made that recommendation, I'll tell you that.....

And now, 2 1/2 weeks before the new album is released, we've been getting exclusive videos and pics directly from the band.... The new single/video has been released, and the YRGM acoustic video was just released....

Is "Tattoo" the next "Unchained"? Of course not.... Is the YRGM video performance the next "Hot For Teacher" video? No, but it's obvious, to me anyway, that it was never the band's intention to make it like that.....

So what I'm saying is: Look at the big picture, wait for ADKOT to be released, and enjoy all of this for what it's worth....

I agree with you ten thousand percent......but I just didn't think it sounded that great.....the intro Dave did was awesome.....and the backing vox were really good, and Dave had some good moments at the end......but his tone for the first few minutes is kinda off......anyway no big deal.....I have my tix for the Garden, and I Like Tattoo....and we're all getting a whole new album in less than three weeks!!!

Comment

• silverfish
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                            Everyone has been screaming for years "open the vault!, open the vault!!"

Well the door is slowly opening, relax and enjoy what we find inside.
                            To all you naysayers out there, this falls under
                            the heading of "Be careful of what you wish for."
                            Originally posted by sadaist
                            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              Criticizing anything to do with Roth on a Roth fan site is completely ridiculous. Anyone who starts rippin' apart something that most of us have longed for for the better part of 3 decades can go fuck a hat!
                              Speak, Brotha!!!
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Cruiser
                                Groupie
                                • Jan 2012

Well put Va, I'm a newbie on here for the most part but a Halen fan for 30+ years....always been a favorite of mine.....and likely one of the worst bands in getting stuff out to their fans IMO. It cracks me up reading different posts, constructive ones certainly ok, that bash the very thing we are all looking for: ANY Van Halen stuff we can get our eyes, ears and hands on. ANyway, sorry for the rant, love the stuff we are getting to see and here and appreciate the Roth Army for all they do. Good to have Halen front row and center again. Life is indeed good. Hope to see some of you at the upcoming concerts.

Comment

Working...