Van Halen - The Downtown Sessions - "You Really Got Me" Video...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHJay
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2004

Van Halen needs to keep this stuff coming. This is AWESOME!!!!! Fan-Freakin-Tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like that it was raw with all the warts on it. That was true rock-n-roll!!!!!!! Dave definitely understands his place in Van Halen, and Van Halen's place in rock history. What a cool thing to see.

Comment

• qikgts
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Nice to see something new that was totally off the cuff and done in one take. I dig the whole thing except Dave's thru-da-nose parts... Once he let's it rip, the whole game changes.

I'm so happy that Van Halen is entertaining us!!!
      You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
        I kinda agree with that, but it's a professionally shot piece released by the band and the record company...
        professionally shot with stands coverin' al's face. eh. it is meant to evoke the feeling of your favorite band goofin' around in your living room, for fuck's sake.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• steve
          Sniper
          • Feb 2004

Dave's...throat...is...completely...closed...up.
          Elvis is right.
          He sounds just like I did trying to sing in my car the other day...GETTING OVER MY SINUS INFECTION.

Love VH, love DLR, but they need to re-record this or somethin when Dave's throat heals after whatever FLU or whatever he had.

In the Cafe Wha performance he sounded fine.

Comment

• steve
            Sniper
            • Feb 2004

I feel like a dick in that last post, but if DLR was capable of this 2 years ago, he can certainly do better.
            I applaud the idea, but not the execution.

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              You think he would prefer if it was colored?
              Fucking RACIST™©®!!!!

That is all.

Icon™©®
              An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
              hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Full Bug
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Damm, not getting the video in Canada either....
                Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                  See post #22
                  WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2004

Fuckin' AWESOME!!!!
                    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It seems someone forgot to call Ray Davies.

He must have done pretty well out of Van Halen over the years you wouldn't think they would have had a problem.
                      I seem to recall an interview with Ray where he was pretty much being a jealous cunt about the whole thing... I suppose I understand - when VH plays your song, your version becomes obsolete.

Originally posted by kwame k
                      Dave also said that this was a documentary...........
                      Yeah man, my ears perked up there too.... a documentary, Dave? Yes please. Man.. I can't help but feel like this is going to be a grate year for us.

Can I get a fuck yeah??
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• nitroDave23
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2012

Fuck yeah, any new video is just more icing on the cake.

Glad they don't seem to be hostile/hating each other.(except Al looks like he needs a hug,or a cupcake...lol,ah who am I kidding, a fucking stripper is more like it.)

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Go South young man...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Retaliation for Nickleback

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by steve
                              Dave's...throat...is...completely...closed...up.
                              Elvis is right.
                              He sounds just like I did trying to sing in my car the other day...GETTING OVER MY SINUS INFECTION.

Love VH, love DLR, but they need to re-record this or somethin when Dave's throat heals after whatever FLU or whatever he had.

In the Cafe Wha performance he sounded fine.
                              Well geez Bob... errr I mean Steve... Were you sittin there thinkin them kids in the Moron TaberTackle-Box Choir can sing better than ole Diamond Dave... Call in Bones the patient is sick!! Damn it Jim... Sorry but all homogenized rock singers suck... this patient suffers from acute in your face originality... I diagnosed this right before Lieutenant Rand's nekid steamin eyes... It's not treatable... Damn it Jim err... I mean Steve...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

So what? Dave wasn't in pitch-perfect form? When was he EVER in pitch-perfect form??? Pick a boot and I can guaran-damn-tee you that Dave just sang it however he wanted to! This isn't a boot of a 29 year old Dave belting out the classics. So FUCKING what??? Who among us can honestly say that they either look or sound just like they did back in highschool??? As much as I wish I did, hell, I don't!

Somebody give me a DRINK!!
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...