X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    What was with the Yngwie meets Santana solo? All in all, a solid cover band effort.

I TOLD YOU! Identity crisis alert!
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• RedZoneD25
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jan 2012

I plan on beating the shit out of this album when I can get full songs. As much as I love playing the 6 pack, some new blood for the ole axe is going to be awesome.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by JJtheVagPounder
        What is typically missing from Van Halen covers is one thing that pops out very much to me: stage presence.
        Maybe 'cuz they weren't on stage, but in a studio?

(Just fuckin' with ya JJ...)
        Originally posted by perilouspete
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Heater
          Foot Soldier
          • Nov 2010

Fairly faithful cover but it's not that great a song. Kinda plods along. But since it's (new) VH........

Comment

• evansm
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Apr 2005

New Van Halen Album...Covers, similar style, etc....

I've hardly stopped listening to the new album....Apart from the track Tattoo it is excellent (Tattoo being OK too but more like a laterDLR track than a VH track - still not a bad thing)......anyway - it inspired me...I'm not in a band....help out in a mates band from time to time but not playing so much rock.... I recorded a cover of 'you and your blues' just for a bit of fun using drum loops and playing everything else - I'm not a good vocalist or guitarist but here goes:-

This is my attempt at playing 'You and Your Blues' from the album 'A Different Kind of Truth' by the mighty Van Halen with David Lee Roth back on VocalsI lea...

Further inspired by the new album i had a go at putting together a track rougly in Van Halen style...made plenty of references to their early songs:-

Original track recorded in my interpretation of the Van Halen style (I'm no Eddie, Dave, Wolfgang, or Michael & I can't play drums - used loops!!)....listen ...

Whether you like them or not i'd like to get some feedback on the tracks...

Cheers,

Mark
            Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
            Last edited by evansm; 02-23-2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by evansm
              I'm not a good vocalist or guitarist but here goes:-
              agree...besides of that you suck ass in everything else, too...good job!
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• evansm
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Apr 2005

Why so rude?.....There are so few bands out there playing rock music (in Aus especially)..... Van Halen's new stuff has hardly had any radio play here.... I would of thought someone who has posted over 9243 posts on rotharmy would be more interested in encouraging people to play rock.....

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

relax...it's the normal shit a newbie gets around here...and I played it nice, believe me...wait until joins your little thread...

Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

hehe come on mate, show us your good stuff!!

Comment

• jero
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

He is from Germany.....

Comment

• Droomer5150
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2012

Here's my drum cover of She's the Woman if anyone wants to check it out

OUR FIRST EP IS OUT ON ITUNES AND CDBABY! https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/transition-ep/id966803741 http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smoothintentionsMy (Joshua Gal...

=VH=
                        SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

^^^ awesome man! you guys got a band together yet?

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by evansm
                            Why so rude?.....There are so few bands out there playing rock music (in Aus especially)..... Van Halen's new stuff has hardly had any radio play here.... I would of thought someone who has posted over 9243 posts on rotharmy would be more interested in encouraging people to play rock.....
                            I thought the rendition to be quite good. Oddly enough, the backing vocals suggested to me just what an interesting version of this tune could be accomplished if Midnight Oil (Diesel and Dust was the best album released in 1987, let alone the latter half of the 1980s) had decided to get their hands on it.

Don't be dismayed by the commentary, as everyone here gets a knock on the forehead or a kick in the balls every now and then. Look, you had the sack to post your work in the first place, right? That in and of itself says it all. Nicely done.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Droomer5150
                              Here's my drum cover of She's the Woman if anyone wants to check it out

OUR FIRST EP IS OUT ON ITUNES AND CDBABY! https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/transition-ep/id966803741 http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smoothintentionsMy (Joshua Gal...

=VH=
                              nice job. i don't hand out praise lightly. keep it up. you are going to be an exceptional musician
                              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Jagermeister
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by lesfunk
                                nice job. i don't hand out praise lightly. keep it up. you are going to be an exceptional musician
                                I agree. That was great.

Comment

Working...