The Official Van Halen, "China Town" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenEyedMurder
    Head Fluffer
    • Oct 2010

I remember when that gruesome murder happened. I didn't know whether to laugh or cringe at that headline.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

Ah, yeah the Post. They don't stop either. I think last year, there was a woman who hit her husband with a cat, of course the headline was "PUSSY WHIPPED"
      I'm still waiting to see "DIRTY SANCHEZ" on the sports page during football season. I got five people who are gonna pay me when that happens.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

No kidding. Anyone that was awake, walking upright and occasionally taking on solid foods in the early 1980's will remember this. Hell, it even made it into a SNL bit.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fourthcoming

Damn, you know what's funny....well more ironic than funny, that dude in the picture is up for parole and is still proclaiming his innocence. I saw a story on this low life junkie a few weeks ago. Guy took either one or two females basically hostage with him from the bar in a cab and fell asleep while parked behind the wheel cuz he was all strung out and the girl or girls...can't quite remember, snuck out of the taxi and found a cop. A buck is still a buck in Shanghai.......sorry for being redundant people...I'm sure the above link already explained what I just spewed.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• High Life Man
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

Another NY Post classic.

Comment

• SNIPER
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

I am not saying it is but at 1:16 the "EEEEWWWW" Sounds a lot like the same vocal track from "RWTD" Also the sound byte that is on that "Ass Droids" game. (Not sure if that is the correct name of the game but you know what I mean)

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by SNIPER
                I am not saying it is but at 1:16 the "EEEEWWWW" Sounds a lot like the same vocal track from "RWTD" Also the sound byte that is on that "Ass Droids" game. (Not sure if that is the correct name of the game but you know what I mean)
                Yep. That's one of the 6 or 7 baby white elephants in the room on ADKOT.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Currently listening to this in Chinatown.
                  It works...

Comment

• DlocRoth
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Pound4pound....

Best song on the album.

Hands down.

No discussion.
                    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I go back and forth between this, As IS, and Blood and Fire
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Yount
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2012

Two tribes warring

Comment

• wolfsbane
                          Roadie
                          • Jan 2005

Saw a movie a couple weeks ago called "The kiling of a chinese bookie."

Took place next to Gazzari's.

The main theme was a guy who owned a strip joint lost money and had to go kill a chinese bookie.

I am not saying that this movie inspired the song, but it is in the same neighborhood.

Brutal flick to watch. Better seen on booze.

Comment

Working...