Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThatArtGuy
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

It's 1984 all over again... my GOD! Nothing else I can say.
    I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

2nd lyrics... now that i've heard the FULL track (I just love lyrics!!)

Forgotten empires
      Lost victories long past
      Everytime I’ve bloomed again
      I thought I was the last
      And then something crazy happened
      And Boom!
      I’m doing the victory dance

Told you I was coming back!

Say it like you mean it

Repeat 1st verse

WE CAME THROUGH BLOOD AND FIRE!!

Comment

• LUDWIG USA
        Groupie
        • Apr 2009

Man, I just just listened to the full length blood and fire track and I feel a little pinch of a Who vibe in there.....I can hear a little bit of Keith Moon in the drumming......fuck'in Wild!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

i'm beginning to understand how 'tattoo' might work thematically in all this...genius song, that first one.

aint listening to one more internet leak. i'll wait till i can sit on my couch in the studio and blast it from start to finish with the cover art in my hands.
          live in front of my naked steaming eyes and ears.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

did ed once complain about the crowd going dead silent when they played the new songs? don't you worry, ed...just don't...this shit will rock the hell out of every venue!!!

play'em and smile!

"We came, we came, we came through blood and fire!!!"
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• wiseguy
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
              Or even better, I have a car with t-tops, the ultimate 1980's option. Take those tops out and CRUISE!
              I hear that my brutha'. 3 months 2 go. Can you guess who will be headlining that concert in my car at a buck 30?

Stay frosty now.
              Stay frosty now.
              Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• if6was9
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ThatArtGuy
                Finally heard the full track for "Blood and Fire." HOLY FUCK! (I *never* say that.) 28 FUCKIN' YEARS!!! When the bridge came in, Dave started rappin', and then Ed just TEARS IT... I cried. I literally shed tears. HOLY FUCKING WOW, man.
                Same with me. I've just listened to the whole track on VH Radio and it's completety different animal than the preview. My theory is that they keep using the worst parts of the songs to promote the album. Strange strategy...

BTW, at 2:00 the track becomes... I don't know... BEAUTIFUL - it's the only word I can find.
                Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2006

Prefer to hear the new album in it's entirety (duh) but I can't resist the snippets.
                  Last edited by GreenBayLA; 01-26-2012, 05:33 AM.
                  "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Yount
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2012

This album is going to be HUGE! "Blood and Fire" is stellar! Tell your friends... and your enemies!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                      did ed once complain about the crowd going dead silent when they played the new songs? don't you worry, ed...just don't...this shit will rock the hell out of every venue!!!
                      Well when the new songs were stuff like 'Up for breakfast' he's lucky they didn't walk out.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Well when the new songs were stuff like 'Up for breakfast' he's lucky they didn't walk out.
                        there has never been such a thing as "Up for shitfest"...never...I just woke up from a nightmare...the sky is blue and everything is fine!
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

'She put the cream in the coffee.....'

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• fourthcoming

I am completely speechless......Blood and Fire....instant VH classic......Trouble with Never....so f'ing heavy!!!! I don't know what else to say.....I can't concentrate on work right now.....I'm ready to load up the cooler, grab the surf board and head to the beach.....who's coming? Remember when everyone was complaining that VH had no idea how to market a new album in the internet age because there were no snippets out there? Thank god for Uncle Dave.......Eddie's guitar sounds heavy as fuck too....and Alex's drums on Blood and Fire are incredible....Wolf's bass on Trouble with Never is amazing.....guess that's the sound Ed wanted all those years back when he wanted Billy Sheehan to join and match his guitar note for note like Dave had him matching up with Vai on Eat Em'.
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-26-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

So I was on my way to the gas station this morning for my ritual cup of joe, singing the chorus: 'we came, we came, we came, through blood and fiiiiiiirrrrrrrrre...' when I passed a hearse going the other way. I says to myself: "There goes Van Hagar."
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

All, I am going to remove this link from here...

THE Roth Army is not going to jeopardize our relationship with Diamond Dave Enterprises by linking to illegally downloaded Van Halen songs....

I hope you can understand that.....

So please, do not link to that site on here again....

You want to go to there on your own, go right ahead.....

Thanks....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...