X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • if6was9
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    I seem to recall you weren't so thrilled with Tattoo right off the bat. Now look at you, Mr. Tattoo avatar! Give it time pal, and Remember, this is only a 90 second clip. Patience!
    You recall correctly, I wasn't thrilled. Let's pray this one is a "grower", too

BTW, it's just an impression, but I think Al & Ed haven't changed a single note in this track. This is not how the band should work.
    Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by So this is love
      At first I say its sounds like a Diver Down tune.
      Couldn't agree with you more.....has a Diver Down/1984 feel

Comment

• joetas
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Oct 2010

UK peeps can get it here! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...7523002&sr=1-1 aswell as The Trouble With Never!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by chefcraig
          After some careful and considered deliberation, I have determined that I will ABSOLUTELY be taking Wednesday, February 8th off from work. It is highly unlikely I will entertain any thoughts of sleep the previous evening.

ROTH ON, YOU FUCKERS!

Shit man, I may stack up my vacation time and take the whole month of February off.....I am going to be completely distracted at work anyway.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Joe, it won't sell it to us here in the U.S. but thanks for the tip on "the Trouble with Never". Nobody's heard that yet as far as I know.

Oh dear.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by if6was9
              You recall correctly, I wasn't thrilled. Let's pray this one is a "grower", too

BTW, it's just an impression, but I think Al & Ed haven't changed a single note in this track. This is not how the band should work.
              I know what you mean. I'd like to think that they didn't just say, "ok Dave, these are done. Sing over'em". I'm sure his requests for shortening or lengthening parts and moving things around are taken into account.

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Holy shit!! "The Trouble With Never" fucking kills!!!!!!!!

Comment

• joetas
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Oct 2010

Its a rockin' solo and spoken word bit from dave love it!!

Dunno why i never posted on here before!

Joe

Comment

• SNIPER
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

The Trouble With Never sounds like it has a way groovy verse right when it cuts off!! I wanna hear all this shit now god dammit!!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by SNIPER
                      Anyway, I dig it. Has a Top Jimmy vibe to me. In fact I love it!! I was hoping Ed would not use a lot of that muffled down clean tone though, the kind used on Balance and 3.
                      Definitely a Top Jimmy feel to Blood and Fire and The Trouble With Never just ripped my fuckin head off after a 30 second clip!!!! Damn......THIS is what we have been missing all these years!!!! Classic lyrics..."When you turn on the stereo does it return the favor" and classic VH background vocals.
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-25-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

That's the Trouble with Never! When was the last time you saw me for the first time!

Lol sounds a little like "Showtime"! And that is a good thing!
                        Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-25-2012, 05:02 PM.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Dammit! I can't hear it. Does it sound like anything else?

Comment

• slimdon
                            Roadie
                            • Feb 2004

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Thank you Van Halen for more blues skies and sunshine. I got a tan just from listening to the clip!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Does anyone else have a huge shit eating grin plastered to their face right now? I feel like a friggin teenager again......unbelievable. Is it summertime yet cuz Van Halen always feels like summertime to me.

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                                Does anyone else have a huge shit eating grin plastered to their face right now? I feel like a friggin teenager again......unbelievable. Is it summertime yet cuz Van Halen always feels like summertime to me.
                                I know I do!!

Comment

Working...