• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
    I really am at a loss for words.
    I really have to ask myself... every new piece just gets better and better... WTF if we still haven't heard the best on the new album yet..?

I've got to pace myself... this shit is wild...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Roth & Roll
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      I really have to ask myself... every new piece just gets better and better... WTF if we still haven't heard the best on the new album yet..?

I've got to pace myself... this shit is wild...
      HA! Nice reference to Fred Sanford, there. The thing that's impressed me most is how different every song has been - eclectic is the best description I can come up with.
      So far, it definitely sounds like they went far beyond the musical limits of anything they did with the original 6 pack yet it still maintains that undeniable VH sound.

I haven't been this stoked to hear a new album since I was a teenager.
      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

All, I am going to remove this link from here...

THE Roth Army is not going to jeopardize our relationship with Diamond Dave Enterprises by linking to illegally downloaded Van Halen songs....

I hope you can understand that.....

So please, do not link to that site on here again....

You want to go to there on your own, go right ahead.....

Thanks....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I've got to wonder if Interscope realizes they are missing some significant revenue at the moment by making Blood & Fire and The Trouble with Never available in the UK only..?

Maybe it's a nice gesture to the folks over there who've been VH starved for years... but then you've got the rest of the VH fan world going crazy... using proxies, etc to buy it somewhat illegally. Plus add to that the fools at vhradio who have the songs up unprotected from piracy and illegal downloads.

I look at all that and all I can say... bad move guys & gals... Release this stuff globally at the same time and watch your bank accounts fill up to their maximum potential.

You've created buzz and momentum... now put your business hats back on.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            I've got to wonder if Interscope realizes they are missing some significant revenue at the moment by making Blood & Fire and The Trouble with Never available in the UK only..?
            I was thinking the same thing. In the age of black lights and 8 tracks this strategy made sense. Now things have to be released globally - or else. Interscope seems to have dropped the ball on this one. 90 second sneak previews of tunes is one thing - but making the entire track available only to certain markets just begs to be ripped off. Oh well, guess Dave can't be everywhere at once telling every record label suit and intern how to do their job...
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              All, I am going to remove this link from here...

THE Roth Army is not going to jeopardize our relationship with Diamond Dave Enterprises by linking to illegally downloaded Van Halen songs....

I hope you can understand that.....

So please, do not link to that site on here again....

You want to go to there on your own, go right ahead.....

Thanks....
              I thought that yesterday, was going to say something, but knew the mods here would do the right thing.

Same reason I am not listening to the full versions of these two newly dropped songs.

I can wait to sent the money where it should be..This is also why I never purchased the six pak after Dave left. I figured the money wasn't going in his pocket. I will however if they reissue the 6pak buy the fucking shit out of it.

I have no real issue with dowload sharing it just isn't where I go with available merch.

Ethics are wierd and must be figured first in business..why I will never be a succsess..lol.
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• gbranton
                Veteran
                • Aug 2005

If it's out there and I can listen to it without breaking the law then I am going to do it. BUT I will be at the store to buy the new album the day it comes out, no matter what. I love Van Halen and I want them to have my money in exchange for the work they have done and the shows I see. I feel like they have earned every penny of it. I want to see them succeed in conquering the world AGAIN.
                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Official clip....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

ANOTHER great tune..wow

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The Official Van Halen, "The Trouble With Never" review thread

Comment

• if6was9
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2007

Sounds like a tribute to Hendrix. Love it
                        Last edited by if6was9; 02-01-2012, 12:50 PM.
                        Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• DRD
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jan 2012

I do hear a little Hendrix. Fire or Crosstown Traffic sorta thing as it starts off with the Guitar, Bass and drums grooving together.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Still trying to wrap my muppet brain around why they chose Tattoo over The Trouble With Never as the first single? This so is so Van Halen it makes me want to throw a block party and invite all the neighbors that I normally can't stand on a marching band parade to the liquor store.
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• chi-town324
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Feb 2007

this song just plain kicks ass

Comment

Working...