Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Van Halen - The Trouble With Never - Fan Made Video! from retroguy80s on Vimeo.

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

my fave song today.

Comment

• fifth element
        Commando
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ashstralia
        my fave song today.
        and mine today!
        “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

The thing I love about Dave's lyrics are that every time you listen to them you find another 'oh yeah... now I get it' moment.
          After reading the NY Times review in the 3/28 MSG thread it got me thinking... do you think Dave took a shot at the brothers with the line “Every Einstein’s assigned a Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber...”?
          Fucking awesome!

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mr Walker
            After reading the NY Times review in the 3/28 MSG thread it got me thinking... do you think Dave took a shot at the brothers with the line "Every Einstein's assigned a Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber..."
            I thought the same thing when I heard that line. Not sure Dave would be so obvious with that reference, but then again, he did get away with "Can't Get This Stuff No More," which seems blatantly obvious. One interesting thing I came across concerning 'The Trouble With Never' lyrics was this reference in Dave's book. In the chapter WARS AND REMEMBERANCE, page 235 of the hardcover version, we get this:

"I said, "Okay, since there's so many breaks in time, so many times when there's no answered phone calls, I'll make another video, I'll wait until everybody does arrive back in Hollywood, to make the new album." And I started to create 'Just A Gigolo.' Came time to release the video and I ran into a routine that a lot of drinkers practice. I call it "selective amnesia." Selective amnesia is where you select what you're going to forget. So here's Ed, crying at his baby grand piano in his little studio, 5150: "But you didn't tell me that you were going to release 'California Girls."

"Well, yeah, I did, Ed. Why else would I spend that much money and recruit that much stellar talent?"

"Yeah, but I don't remember..." This is on the heels of easily a half a dozen private projects of his own.

I did not want to be guilty of any kind of subterfuge. I was always the protector of that band, so I made sure - goddamn sure - that everybody knew. And I also knew that memories were short when diluted, so I had repeated my plan, again and again. Nevertheless, when I released 'California Girls/Just a Gigolo' on New Year's of 1985, the cry was, "Oh, my God, we didn't know about it. We don't remember you telling us about this."

All of this transpired in an interim. A MAJOR interim. But I figured, sooner or later this circus was going to reconvene.
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• fletch
              Groupie
              • Jan 2004

you just never know...
              you dumbass dogfucker!!

RATBASTARD/BY THE BOTTLE productions

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Ok my first tune from VH off this album that makes it into the inner sanctum.

Because of this:

This did it...close your eyes.....damage your rep....this is the Mighty VH.

Right up there with "In a Simple Rhyme".(---Period.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Yount
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2012

How's never sound to you?

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                    do you think Dave took a shot at the brothers with the line “Every Einstein’s assigned a Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber...”?
                    Fucking awesome!
                    I've thought that since the first time I heard it! Didn't someone at DDLR used to refer to them as that? Not sure if they'd be bright enough to catch it...and he could always explain it as Ed being the Einstein, and Mike and Sam being Dumb and dumber.
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                      How's never sound to you?
                      Why the ?
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Yount
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2012

All they want is Jimmy baby, love it when he rolls his eyes.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                          All they want is Jimmy baby, love it when he rolls his eyes.
                          What the fuck have you been smoking tonight?

Comment

• Yount
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2012

Dave has made a career out of rolling his eyes, so to speak. You understand, Angel???

Comment

Working...