Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conmee
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

Played Stay Frosty on KOMP 92.3 in Las Vegas... other than sports talk, first time I've purposely tuned into FM to listen to anything since at least early '90s...

That is all.

Icon™©®
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I keep the CD playing constantly in my car's stereo and damn if I can listen to anything other than this song if my 11 year old daughter's in the car! I love the song and I dig it more and more every time I hear it. I never thought it would be possible...but I swear, because of this song, my kid is becoming almost as big a VH fan as I am! She's already asking for a VH shirt....what's next? Shoes? Flip-flops? Dammit! There goes my Van Halen budget for the next month
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
        Head Fluffer
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MJS_1973
        Stay Frosty must be played live on this tour at every show. What the hell are they thinking not including this song so far? This is an easy song for VH to do. Maybe waiting for their arrival on the west coast.
        I couldn't agree more. They should DEFINITELY do Stay Frosty for their hometown crowd in L.A.!

Stay Frosty, my friends!
        I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          I keep the CD playing constantly in my car's stereo and damn if I can listen to anything other than this song if my 11 year old daughter's in the car! I love the song and I dig it more and more every time I hear it. I never thought it would be possible...but I swear, because of this song, my kid is becoming almost as big a VH fan as I am! She's already asking for a VH shirt....what's next? Shoes? Flip-flops? Dammit! There goes my Van Halen budget for the next month
          Got my four year old in the bathroom going pee. On the other side of the door I hear the kid singing: "We came we came through burnin' fiiiiiire! We came we came through burnin' fiiiiiire!"

I didn't correct the lyrics. Figured Dave screws 'em up all the time so it's all good.
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Catfish
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Stay on topic, Zing!

Comment

• Catfish
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

When I drop Little Catfish off at school I tell him, "Stay Frosty" and he gives me his little \m/ fingers in response. God damn that kid is the tits!!!!!

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Catfish
                When I drop Little Catfish off at school I tell him, "Stay Frosty" and he gives me his little \m/ fingers in response. God damn that kid is the tits!!!!!
                I used to weep for the future. Now I see there's a glimmer of hope in Generation VH.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

My daughter was in her room getting ready for school this morning and she's got her obnoxiously loud stereo cranked - yes, most of the time I let her play it as loud as she freakin' wants - and what do I hear come blaring through the house? Yep, Stay Frosty. On repeat. She bought it off itunes this morning, with her own money of course. Normally I have to approve all purchases - hey, you gotta stay on top of things - and so she says to me, "I went ahead and bought Stay Frosty, I knew you wouldn't mind" and she's grinning away And I said "you can download any Van Halen songs/albums you want to." And she said, "yeah, but I'm not buying any of that Sammy stuff. He sucks!" Ok, so maybe I've influenced the kid just a little. Ah, what a way to start the day...my 11 year old buying Van Halen music and playing the hell out of it at full boogie...
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                    Sniper
                    • Apr 2004

My 9 year old daughter hates "Stay Frosty"...

... because my 11 year old son won't stop blasting it!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

A perfect song to crank. When the band comes in it's like getting hit with a pile driver.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Sweet Irony
                        She's the Woman
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Stay Frosty.........Sort of like putting Big Bad Bill, Ice Cream Man & contagious rockin music in a blender and ending up with this tune!! Love it!! (And Jay proclaimed it his favorite ADKOT tune the other day...)
                        ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• katina
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
                          I'm of the opinion that this album is very, very solid.. everything I've heard is upbeat and aggressive.. They're back and you bes get the fuck out of the way.
                          I agree with everything you said.

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            My daughter was in her room getting ready for school this morning and she's got her obnoxiously loud stereo cranked - yes, most of the time I let her play it as loud as she freakin' wants - and what do I hear come blaring through the house? Yep, Stay Frosty. On repeat. She bought it off itunes this morning, with her own money of course. Normally I have to approve all purchases - hey, you gotta stay on top of things - and so she says to me, "I went ahead and bought Stay Frosty, I knew you wouldn't mind" and she's grinning away And I said "you can download any Van Halen songs/albums you want to." And she said, "yeah, but I'm not buying any of that Sammy stuff. He sucks!" Ok, so maybe I've influenced the kid just a little. Ah, what a way to start the day...my 11 year old buying Van Halen music and playing the hell out of it at full boogie...
                            Good for your girl !!!

Comment

• katina
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by chi-town324
                              my friend told me his 6 yr old son requested stay frosty in the car on the way to school yesterday...said they played it 3 times!!!...LOL
                              Awesome

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                                Sniper
                                • Apr 2004

I just heard Howard Wolowitz use the phrase "stay frosty" in the beginning of the Season 1 Episode 3 of the Big Bang Theory.

Comment

Working...