X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Terry
    Well, from what I read in the thread that was directly quoted from Anthony, the words "lawsuit" and "songwriting credits" weren't spoken by him, and I think it was classy of him to simply wish the band well and say that he was looking forward to hearing the new album.
    I still can't decide if Mike Anthony has been exhibiting a zen-like sense of peace and acceptance over being ousted from the band, or if he has the personality of a doormat.
    Both.....

He's in his 50's, a multimillionaire, has lived a life that any of us would of killed for and now he gets to play in a band that doesn't have the hassle of mounting a major tour, Hell, booking the small theaters for these guys could be done by the band itself and they'd still be free by lunch.

Why not be a doormat......he's done it all!

He's making money, doing what he loves and really doesn't have the stress or hassle of having to sell out arenas to be able to continue.

If it wasn't for having to hear Spammy caterwaul on a nightly basis....I'd trade places with him in a heartbeat
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• K-tuna
      Groupie
      • Jan 2012

Can somebody please explain why MA would sign his rights away?

I can't stand his playing but why would anyone give up the rights to their work. Its sheer stupidity. Im not talking what people speculate on what he or eddie played. Im talking the written contracts, liners, and songwriting.....

There has to be more than this because its makes NO sense. Im not talking reaming VH for all you can get , but protecting your work.

Having him airbrushed off the covers, denying him rights to say he was the former bass player of VH ....none of this sounds on the up and up.
      "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

He did not!

He signed away ALL FUTURE rights of the brand Van Halen. He basically signed away his right to be in the band or have an equal say in anything about the band.

He's still listed as songwriter on everything up to '03, IIRC.
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• BITEYOASS
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Michael Anthony was the Van Halen version of Ogre from "Revenge of the Nerds".

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

You be the judge!

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
              Chickenfoot III

Is burning up the charts
              No My Son,It's Burning Up Someone's Asshole.
              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dan
                No My Son,It's Burning Up Someone's Asshole.
                How Rude, pappy

Comment

• Dan
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

I Feel The Love In This Thread.

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

So, No Hairy Dogs then, dad?

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Son,There Are So Many Hairy Dogs A Father Can Carry Around.My 4 X4 Cant Handle Them All.I Pass The Torch To You Now.Do Me Proud,Son.

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Pants On.......papa?

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Like Father Like Son.Pants On Pants Off.

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

MA Wrote,This Hot Sauce Is Too Hot For Your Asshole.

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                              we got a place for you here...ask Rikk...he'll show you the way...
                              Damn straight.

And seriously...fuck Michael Anthony. The only reason he isn't "going after them" is because he knows goddamn well he never wrote a note or a beat. He played bass and sang. Good for him...but name one goddamn Van Halen song Mikey wrote. No, those six solo bass notes at the beginning of RWTD don't count.
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                                Mike was in on the Dave bashing when he was in Van Halen.

Now that he's out of VH, he says Dave is the only reason he'd want to jam with the group again.

The guy has no core.
                                One thing I can't take about Mike at this point is the scores of people whining that he's not in the band.

I remember his shitty look on his face up on the stage at the MTV Video Awards in 1996. He was furious that Dave was doing his schtick. He looked angrier than the brothers.

Then I remember this quote from a '96 Dutch Fan Club interview after Dave was apparently back in...

Michel: How do you feel about this situation personally? In the press the band always hated David Lee Roth. And now all of a sudden you're working with the guy!

Mike: Yeah, I know. A lot of people were surprised by that. Actually I was the last person in the band to accept the fact that this would happen. Eddie was the one that wanted to do it. He met with Dave two or three times. And that last time, I called over there and I talked to Dave. It was the first time I talked to him in eleven years.

Michel: You didn't, in all those years?

Mike: Oh no... I told them I didn't want to work with Dave and I wouldn't wanna tour with him. But I'm in Van Halen and Eddie and Alex are my brothers. And if they wanted to do it I would do it, too.... It was kind of hard at first because musically we're pretty much evolved a lot more than Dave did. But we have a producer by the name of Glen Ballard and he worked on new songs with us. And all I got- to say is that this guy is the best producer we've ever worked with. He's the most normal person. He doesn't have an ego like a lot of producers do. And when we're going to do our next studio record, he probably will produce it for us.
                                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...