Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momshell
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Even though my first exposure to VH was 1984, I gotta go with Fair Warning - my fave of the 7-pack. Dave's attitude on FW still blows me away - so sexy!! Still like 1984 better than anything else by any other band, but it's low on my list of the 7.
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Fair Warning is the best album Van Halen made. 1984 is the worst of the 6 pack. Anyone who doesn't agree with me is fucked.
      Thank you
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Momshell
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by lesfunk
        Fair Warning is the best album Van Halen made. 1984 is the worst of the 6 pack. Anyone who doesn't agree with me is fucked.
        Thank you
        I agree! you're welcome!!
        Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Originally posted by binnie
          It's 'Fair Warning'.

1984 would come near the bottom of my 6-pack - I don't think it's aged as well.....
          Ditto. Only two that fight it out in my head is Fair Warning and Van Halen II.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

I'll throw my vote to 1984.........

let me say this...there is no "Low point" or "Bottom" to the 6-pack....

Pound for pound, track for track, VAN HALEN in their prime stack up against ANYBODY in music............LED ZEPP, STONES, BEATLES, etc etc etc.....not xtc, but that's another story....

1984 has aged BRILLIANTLY......NOBODY has put out a recorded work of finer quality....track for track...than 1984....in 28 years.....

I might LIKE FAIR WARNING better...hell, I might play DIVER DOWN more than 1984....still does not take away from the magnitude of the recording....

STELLAR....as our man MAX was fond of saying................

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
              ...mowing my aunts yard...
              Is that code for something... uh huh uh huh...

That is all.

Icon™©®
              An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
              hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Catfish
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

Fair Warning is second overall to the debut. This thread shouldn't even be a cuntest.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

The first album is still the best, and anyone that doesn't think so can get on their fuckin' knees and THROAT ME!!!

Have A Real Nice Fuckin' Day, Motherfuckers!

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

This thread isn't about the first album, deepthroat4lif...

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Myself, can't remember the last time I put on 1984 because I actually wanted to hear the title track, Jump or I'll Wait.

Whereas Push Comes To Shove and Sunday Afternoon In The Park/One Foot Out The Door, while perhaps not as strong as the rest of the songs on the album, aren't tunes I ever have the desire to skip over.

Like, when I put 1984 in these days, sometimes I just bypass virtually all the first side, going straight to Drop Dead Legs, and only end up listening to Drop Dead Legs, Hot For Teacher, Girl Gone Bad and House Of Pain. As opposed to Fair Warning, which I'll still listen to from start-to-finish.

Am not saying 1984 was a bad album...in some ways an improvement over Diver Down...just not nearly as good as Fair Warning to my ears. When 1984 really got cooking, it gave as good as Fair Warning did. However, it wasn't necessarily my cup of tea from beginning to end like Fair Warning was.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• King VH
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2004

Since we're only picking from Fair Warning and 1984, I'm going with Fair Warning. The first VH album I ever bought was 1984, so it has a special place in my heart, but Fair Warning goes for the jugular. Mean Streets, Hear About It Later, Unchained, and So This Is Love...NEED I SAY MORE???
                        It's so easy

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                          Ditto. Only two that fight it out in my head is Fair Warning and Van Halen II.
                          Interesting...
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            This thread isn't about the first album, deepthroat4lif...
                            When people are saying Fair Warning is the best of the 6-pack, yeah, it kinda is....

Fair Warning is a beast, but come the fuck on already!

34 years later, the first album isn't just Van Halens best album, it's the best album ever made...by anyone...ever!
                            If people actually think Fair Warning is better, I suggest they listen to the first one again, and a lot louder this time.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Fair Warning is the best Van Halen album of all time.

Thus sayeth the Lord!

Comment

• Yount
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2012

What the fuck is wrong with everybody????

Not one mention of WACF

Comment

Working...