Roth And Roll
    "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

Comment

• katina
      Commando
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by JenniferM
      [ATTACH]8726[/ATTACH]

Try not to laugh too hard everyone. This was me in 1984 (I was 16). My collection was about half complete at this time. Diggin' the flannel shirt, right? Double click on the photo.
      Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• JenniferM
        Roadie
        • Feb 2004

If I couldn't share it here with you freaks, where else could I?

Originally posted by katina
        Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Damn Jenn, you had quite the collection there! Did you make it to the Nashville show? Or you live closet to Memphis or Knoxville?

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

For me, it had to be about 1980. I was 10 and I remember hearing Van Halen on AM 61 Big Ways here in Charlotte. Don't remember the song at this point but that was my station - back when AM still ruled. And I went over to my next-door-neighbor's house and asked my buddy Tony if he knew who Van Halen was. Tony's brother Kevin had the ultimate rock record collection and we would listen to Kevin's records every day 'cause the motherfucker was never at home - and that was cool as long as we put them back. So we go to the V's in his collection and pull out the first Van Halen record and put it on the stereo and holy fucking shit!!! I remember being blown the fuck away by the whole record...I found my calling. And from that point on everybody I knew absolutely knew that I was a Van Halen fan!!! And still to this day, even if you've never met me, all you gotta do is get behind me in traffic and see that big goddamn VH logo on the back of my SUV and you know...Van Fuckin' Halen bitches!!!!!
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• sadsy
              Groupie
              • Apr 2012

Was late '78 and my brother's friend used to sneak a cassette recorder into every show he went to. After their support slot on the Sabbath tour they came back and did a headliner at the Rainbow in London and he'd managed to record it and if I remember he'd tagged a London radio station ad on the front of the show , sounded like a movie ad with one of those extreme deep-voiced guys advertising the VH show saying something like "It won't be no boy scouts garden party ! ". Then heard some of the show although the sound quality wasn't great. Then bought VH1 and was hooked from there , collected as many live tapes as I could and still have a great collection of early singles i.e. demo's and Japanese picture sleeve singles. Still have my original "Dance The Night Away" picture disc single. Then I saw them at the Rainbow in '79 !

Comment

• JenniferM
                Roadie
                • Feb 2004

Actually, I live about 30 miles northeast of Chattanooga. Went to the Atlanta show and headin' to the Knoxville show!!

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                Damn Jenn, you had quite the collection there! Did you make it to the Nashville show? Or you live closet to Memphis or Knoxville?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Cool!

My worship started Sept. 29, 1978 when I saw them open for Black Sabbath in Seattle.

Interesting....the new poster advertising Black Sabbath's upcoming gig at O2 Arena in Birmingham is the same design as that tour, Never Say Die:

Comment

• Floridaman1985
                    Groupie
                    • May 2009

I got into VH when I was 14 (late 1999). My mom told me a story of requesting Jump on the radio the day I was born and that compelled me to purchase the original "Best of" disk and 1984 a few weeks later. Needless to say, I was hooked on VH. I became a true DLR fan after reading his book during the summer of 2000.
                    "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Damn, some of you make me feel old. In 1999, my son was 15...
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Yount
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Floridaman1985
                        I got into VH when I was 14 (late 1999). My mom told me a story of requesting Jump on the radio the day I was born and that compelled me to purchase the original "Best of" disk and 1984 a few weeks later. Needless to say, I was hooked on VH. I became a true DLR fan after reading his book during the summer of 2000.
                        Hey man that's pretty similar to myself. Reading that book in the winter of 2000, it was simply amazing stuff. I stumbled upon it in a bookstore, amidst the boring and cliched covers and quotes shone this blue and yellow masterpiece.
                        "At a time when so-called 'idols' can only muster a few unintelligible words... Crazy From The Heat leaves you lamenting a time when star meant 'stellar.' "

Comment

• Sweet Irony
                          She's the Woman
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

[ATTACH]8726[/ATTACH]

Try not to laugh too hard everyone. This was me in 1984 (I was 16). My collection was about half complete at this time. Diggin' the flannel shirt, right? Double click on the photo.
                          Now THAT is impressive!! Love it!
                          ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

[ATTACH]8726[/ATTACH]

You need to post that pic in the VH/DLR Grab bag thread!
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• NIN1211
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
                              You need to post that pic in the VH/DLR Grab bag thread!

11 years old and hearing this...

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• JenniferM
                                Roadie
                                • Feb 2004

I wasn't obsessed or nuffin'........

Originally posted by Sweet Irony
                                Now THAT is impressive!! Love it!

Comment

Working...