Did Michael Anthony play bass on every classic Van Halen song?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    KISS came up with the Psyco Circus. Van Halen 3 came up with the Sucking Circus. Nice circus ring and clothes Eddie. Is that a coral snake hanging out of your guitar?
    That album jacket pissed me off. it was them all trying to show how much fun they were having as a band messing around & stuff. I didnt buy it for a second.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      Yep. Where it is known for certain that he played bass on a VH recording is the shitty '04 Best of Both Worlds new songs. The aweful It's About Time is basically Ed doubling every single guitar part to the T. Same thing he did with Cherone VH's Without You. Booooorrrriinnnnggg.
      Oh yeah, forgot about those three 'bonus' tracks.

Like the rest of the free world.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

I have been injecting my fingers with fat 3 times a day. After that I get two super size fries to wear as gloves for a couple hours before practice. I strive to be the best bass player ever.

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          I'm gonna go with the off key Clorox gargled voice of Cherone for most painful of the 4 options. Sadly, I think I had that shirt Ed's sporting. I still feel sorry for the good people of Australia for being served this incarnation live.
          OMG I remember seeing this live, I was so disturbed by the way Cheri was acting.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
            I honestly can not decide what is the least painful to observe here. Is it (in no discernible order):

1. Alex Van Halen's neck brace
            2. Gary Cherone's tuneless, off-key and Clorox gargled vocals
            3. Edward Van Halen's dubious and somewhat questionable choice of clothes from the JC Penny's catalog
            4. The astoundingly awkward difficulty that Michael Anthony is having playing EVH's bass parts?

Thanks for posting that vid Chef. I needed a good, delightful bowel movement and that really helped fill the bill!

Comment

• SNIPER
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
              I honestly can not decide what is the least painful to observe here. Is it (in no discernible order):

1. Alex Van Halen's neck brace
              2. Gary Cherone's tuneless, off-key and Clorox gargled vocals
              3. Edward Van Halen's dubious and somewhat questionable choice of clothes from the JC Penny's catalog
              4. The astoundingly awkward difficulty that Michael Anthony is having playing EVH's bass parts?

How long can this go on? Not very long // Tell me what is wrong? ..You guys suck with Cheri and this album is LAME.
              Last edited by SNIPER; 06-04-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

There must be some kind of way that we can make it right. (uh, no)

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  Thanks for posting that vid Chef. I needed a good, delightful bowel movement and that really helped fill the bill!
                  Thats what I call some fire in the hole,

Comment

• SNIPER
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

And then there was this.

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Go easy on me here I won't be playing either album BUT. If I had a gun to my head I would rather ruff it through 5150. But that won't happen thank god.

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

I just watched those videos, I'd never seen them before and won't watch them again other than to demonstrate to my wife how far Van Halen had sunk.

I noticed the house lights are so dark you cannot see the crowd, I am thinking it is because they are just sitting there gobsmacked by how bad this is. Once or twice you do get a small glimpse of people down front and they are just standing there.

There is a pool ball painted on the floor, but I am afraid it was the wrong one. Tthe one I have in mind is about five balls higher and if you asked that ball if this music should have seen the light of day, the answer would come back "not on your fucking life".
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

at least the background vocals are awesome!

/sarcasm
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

I did see this tour at the Del Mar Fair. THE FUCKING FAIR!! Van Halen? WTF!? We left 2/3 through. I remember walking to the car & hearing Panama. I was sad.

The high point of the night was the caramel apple I ate.

Comment

• loucap81
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
                              at least the background vocals are awesome!
                              I never thought about this, but I wonder if he came up with those harmonies himself while they worked on songs in the studio, or if Dave or Ed wrote those too.

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                                I did see this tour at the Del Mar Fair. THE FUCKING FAIR!! Van Halen? WTF!? We left 2/3 through. I remember walking to the car & hearing Panama. I was sad.

The high point of the night was the caramel apple I ate.
                                That is a very sad tale, brother. Must have been a heartbreaker.

Comment

Working...