If you could permanently remove one song from the setlist, which would it be?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Went with the poll list and picked Pretty Woman.

I like the recorded version...it works fine on Diver Down. For whatever reason, the song does nada for me live. I don't dislike when the band plays it, but could easily think of a dozen other tunes I'd rather hear.

Like more than a few on this thread, I could give a shit if I never saw Jump played live again...I mean, the BAND can't even jump anymore, fer chrissakes! Never was one of my favorite Van Halen tunes, but also like more than a few on this thread I realize that the band will play Jump regardless.

Am not overly-thrilled with YRGM live, either, but for me it tends to work better toward the end of the set than in the beginning of it.

The band SHOULD fucking dust off Dirty Movies...I mean, shit, Wolf has got 'em blowing the cobwebs off of Girl Gone Bad, The Full Bug, Outta Love Again...there ain't nuttin' with Dirty Movies that the band couldn't handle.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• loucap81
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2012

Really is interesting how neither Dirty Movies or Drop Dead Legs have been played at a proper live show in VH's history. Especially Drop Dead Legs since it has gotten decent radio airplay over the years. But first things first--they have GOT to do Light Up The Sky.

Comment

• qikgts
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Fuck a bunch of Jump... I'll take DDL any day for the encore!
        You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• vaijuju
          Sniper
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by loucap81
          Really is interesting how neither Dirty Movies or Drop Dead Legs have been played at a proper live show in VH's history. Especially Drop Dead Legs since it has gotten decent radio airplay over the years. But first things first--they have GOT to do Light Up The Sky.
          For Drop Dead Legs , I think Dave have more difficult with the tempo like he had on "Last Call" (Dave's solo) in live ALAE tour !
          Last edited by vaijuju; 08-10-2012, 02:35 PM.
          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Jump......never liked the song when it was released and still don't!
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...