Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I love Carouselambra and Achilles Last Stand, brilliance all around even though they're very different styles.
    I think Bonham is the most musical drummer in hard rock history. (not that I've heard every drummer)

ADKOT is melodic power and I wish it would have been a double album.
    I want the 10 albums in the can box set.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by motherchicken
      That's where we differ. I like the first four (not so much number three) then bits of the rest. I can say the same about most of my favorite bands. Aerosmith made three goods one then went downhill. Ted made a couple. GNR had a couple. Maybe I just don't like change.
      You're saying Aerosmith went downhill with Rocks?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
        I love Carouselambra and Achilles Last Stand...
        The former is my all time favorite song where by I almost can't understand a single word being sung. I know, bizarre category. But it's true!

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          The former is my all time favorite song where by I almost can't understand a single word being sung. I know, bizarre category. But it's true!
          Ha ha - no shit. I only get about every 7th word in that song, but I still love it.
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Yount
            Commando
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by motherchicken
            I guess I enjoyed the lets party stuff more than the I have feelings too stuff. I think it's more of a that's not what I'm used to from them thing. Just like 1984. I want the Running With The Devil Van Halen not the Jump Van Halen.
            Hmmm I see, you can't just go putting on In Through The Out Door at teen beer pong parties! Better keep it safe with 4-sticks - or worse - a greatest hits blechhh.

Still... so sick of hearing Black Dog, Stairway To Heaven, Rock N Roll, Whole lotta love.
            (Either we the public are lazy and just wanna keep hearing the same stuff we've heard before - or there's some cruel sadistic mothers on song selection in Radioland.... even a true blue VH fan like me can tire of hearing Jump, Panama, and the VH regulars on the wireless.)

Comment

• motherchicken
              • Nov 2009

You're saying Aerosmith went downhill with Rocks?
              Actually I should have said two then out for Aerosmith. I don't care much for Toys In The Attic either. That's when Steven decided screaming out the lyrics was an improvement over singing. Rocks just continued the downhill slide.

Comment

• motherchicken
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Yount
                Hmmm I see, you can't just go putting on In Through The Out Door at teen beer pong parties! Better keep it safe with 4-sticks - or worse - a greatest hits blechhh.

Still... so sick of hearing Black Dog, Stairway To Heaven, Rock N Roll, Whole lotta love.
                (Either we the public are lazy and just wanna keep hearing the same stuff we've heard before - or there's some cruel sadistic mothers on song selection in Radioland.... even a true blue VH fan like me can tire of hearing Jump, Panama, and the VH regulars on the wireless.)
                I wouldn't be attending a teen beer pong party in the first place. I'm in my 50's for god sake. About the only time I listen to music at all is in the car. I haven't sat around getting stoned and listening to albums since I was a teenager. I too have gotten tired of hearing the same old same old from Zep, Aerosmith, VH and the other classic rock acts on the radio. I listen to Jack sometimes just to get a variety of music. I didn't even know Scorpians made a recording of Tainted Love before I heard it on Jack. But you gotta put up with disco shit from bands like Kiss sometimes too.
                BTW I don't consider LZIV or whatever that album's called a party album. II maybe but not IV.
                Last edited by motherchicken; 10-02-2012, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• motherchicken
                  • Nov 2009

I love Carouselambra and Achilles Last Stand, brilliance all around even though they're very different styles.
                  I think Bonham is the most musical drummer in hard rock history. (not that I've heard every drummer)

I want the 10 albums in the can box set.
                  It might be an age hing but there's no comparison between those songs. Achilles is a hard rock classic that was ripped off almost not for note by Heart for Barracuda. Carouselambra is a keyboard heavy classis example of corporate rock. Hot Dog is the only good thing on that album and it's more of a novelty song than a rocker. But I do dig Plant's Elvis imitation.

Comment

• Yount
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2012

The FACT that you won't hear any ADKOT on any station unless you get lucky at 3am flippin' 'round like DLR under the sheets...

...here today gone later today.

Comment

• Yount
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2012

.... even a true blue VH fan like me can tire of hearing Jump, Panama, and the VH regulars on the wireless.)
                      That's a God Damn Lie!

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

That's a God Damn Lie!
                        Yeah, give yourself an uppercut sunshine! You crank hot for teacher like it's the first time ya heard it...

Adkot 8 months later, a mammoth effort. Just magnificent. A couple of flat spots, but an amazing thing to hold in your hands after 28 years.. A real Van Halen album. The playing and singing is great, the songs are (mostly) great, it's loud.

7 pack. It's worthy.

Comment

• Yount
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ashstralia
                          You crank hot for teacher like it's the first time ya heard it...
                          They rarely play it. Fuck 'em. Fuck Why Can't This Be Love.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

It is...

Comment

• big fatty
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2004

Yup, me too, and add Chinatown and Kill The Guy, just drive as fast as the music plays , and you'll be there in no time. L.O. L.

Your blonde hair is beautiful b.t.w. It looks real pretty.

I can guess where you live if it ends in 'gina.

REGINA ?

You'd be surprised that one of my favorite things in the whole wide world also ends in 'gina. Hee, hee, hee.
                              Last edited by big fatty; 10-04-2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by big fatty
                                Yup, me too, and add Chinatown and Kill The Guy, just drive as fast as the music plays , and you'll be there in no time. L.O. L.

Your blonde hair is beautiful b.t.w. It looks real pretty.

I can guess where you live if it ends in 'gina.

REGINA ?

You'd be surprised that one of my favorite things in the whole wide world also ends in 'gina. Hee, hee, hee.
                                Regina...the city that ends in fun.

Thank you for the compliment.
                                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...