X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    I think this is the first comment I've ever seen on Mike and his sauces that wasn't about making fun of Mike and his sauces.
    The reviews on Mike's sauce were so good on Amazon I ordered a bottle of everything. Hot sauce, hot mustard, BBQ sauce. It's all good.

The sauce is addicting and you will find you start putting it on everything. Mike needs to start selling bigger bottles of the stuff because my family burned through a bottle of it real damn quick.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

the Youtubers are big Mad Anthony fans. (not really)

This was better than Light up the Sky.

The sad thing about Mike is that his talent is obvious on the old club bootlegs.
      The guy's a monster on bass on some of them.
      You never get that on the CVH albums, or it's very subtle if you dial on the EQ on certain tracks. He was wailing on some of the Gazzari's Dance contest tracks.
      The only thing that Wolf doesn't do that Mike did live is the very high harmony on Unchained, not that WVH did a bad job, but everyone brings something different to the table.
      I like what Wolf brought to the table on the album and the live stuff, but as a fan it was a very tough sell during the '07 tour.

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        I think this is the first comment I've ever seen on Mike and his sauces that wasn't about making fun of Mike and his sauces.
        Ha ha - yeah that's about right. If its actually edible, I might try a bottle or three based on Army member recommendations.
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Mike's 'just doing what I'm told' temperament rendered him nearly inaudible in the mix for much of the recordings from '82 on up. And what you could here was 16th notes on shitty songs like Poundcake. He did express to Jas Obrecht in an unpublished interview from 1982, that Jas shared with the author of The Definitive Edward Van Halen, that he was frustrated with how he could no longer play the way he wanted to play within the band. This is one of the things that would be interesting to hear more about in a book by Mike. There's no way he's ever going to write something before his chances of a return are entirely shot. He's gotta be hanging on to hope, at least some what, I'd imagine, that he gets to roll one last time with Dave, Ed & Al.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Zing!
            Ha ha - yeah that's about right. If its actually edible, I might try a bottle or three based on Army member recommendations.
            Same here. I'm no hot sauce person, but I might give the BBQ sauce a whirl.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

There's an interview by Kurt Loder with Mike from '91 on You Tube. Mike is practically straining to not let Dave's name enter his responses, but he does mention that Fair Warning was his fave and that he still blasted it when he'd have friends over to the house.

Comment

Working...