Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

nowhere near as likable though
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Zing has the Blast From Pasadena - I've sent copies of that all over the world thanks to Cato!
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Cato
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        Zing has the Blast From Pasadena - I've sent copies of that all over the world thanks to Cato!
        thank you too! feel free to do the same for other Roth Army donors!
        Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Do I even have that one? I got some many damn DVD's I am only maybe 1/3 way through them.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

WARF - you got it too! It's a killer DVD. Cato was cool enough to send it to me and I wanted to spread it around.

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

WARF - you got it too! It's a killer DVD. Cato was cool enough to send it to me and I wanted to spread it around.
              I'm gonna watch right now. Thanks again bro!

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Dave and Pete A. were batting a thousand until Stand Up (or maybe Angelus wasn't involved with that production and that's why the video stinks). Any idea who directed Dave's videos after Just Like Paradise (which I think was directed by B-movie champ Renny Harlin).
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                  Dave and Pete A. were batting a thousand until Stand Up (or maybe Angelus wasn't involved with that production and that's why the video stinks). Any idea who directed Dave's videos after Just Like Paradise (which I think was directed by B-movie champ Renny Harlin).
                  I don't see a problem with the official video for Stand Up, even though the song is kinda shitty. I think Roth looks cool in his white rocker suit. I can do without the pompadour though!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I wish I had the Pete and Dave interview where they're in the swimming pool and Pete is in full Picasso outfit.

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

I got a buddy that has the David Lee Roth Videos on VHS. That has some interviews at Irv's (?) with some hotties between the vids, but can't remember if Pete made an appearance on that. Is that circulating on DVD? If not, I'll borrow it and get it transferred to share.

Comment

• WARF
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Here you go Zing!

Roth on!!!

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by WARF
                          I don't see a problem with the official video for Stand Up, even though the song is kinda shitty. I think Roth looks cool in his white rocker suit. I can do without the pompadour though!
                          Other than Dave dressing like a poof, I think what bugs me the most about the Stand Up video is the set design. It's bare bones, but doesn't have the stripped down awesomeness of Jump. After the over the top zaniness of the CFTH vids and EEAS vids, Stand Up is embarrassingly lame in comparison. Fake Skyscrapers on wheels and some piped in fog just doesn't cut it. It's like WB had a deadline so Dave shot the video in a day with no script. I remember thinking when it premiered that Vai must be embarrassed by the song and/or video since the only thing you can see of him is his nose, mouth, and fingers.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Other than Dave dressing like a poof, I think what bugs me the most about the Stand Up video is the set design. It's bare bones, but doesn't have the stripped down awesomeness of Jump. After the over the top zaniness of the CFTH vids and EEAS vids, Stand Up is embarrassingly lame in comparison. Fake Skyscrapers on wheels and some piped in fog just doesn't cut it. It's like WB had a deadline so Dave shot the video in a day with no script. I remember thinking when it premiered that Vai must be embarrassed by the song and/or video since the only thing you can see of him is his nose, mouth, and fingers.
                            Stand Up Vs. Tattoo

Which video is better?

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by WARF
                              Stand Up Vs. Tattoo

Which video is better?
                              Well, that's comparing rotten apples with rotten oranges, but I'd give the nod to Tattoo by a hair. At least I can watch Tattoo once in awhile. Like I said - DLR found his mojo again with the ALAE video, and even Sensible Shoes was kind of avant garde in an early 90's kind of way. He was hit and miss after that (didn't care for She's My Machine, but thought Night Life was fantastic, etc.) But anyway - back on topic. Love Hina - one of my faves from that album, but I agree with what someone said above - when Skyscraper first came out I really wanted it to blow OU812 out of the water - but it was kind of...WTF? I didn't really like either album at the time - and don't own either album now, or any other Van Haggar album for the record.

Skyscraper is the only DLR disk I don't have on cd. When my first copy got too scratched to play I simply never had the desire to replace it. Other than Knucklebones, Hina, and Damn Good, it just doesn't do anything for me.
                              Last edited by Zing!; 02-25-2013, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• WARF
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Well, that's comparing rotten apples with rotten oranges, but I'd give the nod to Tattoo by a hair. At least I can watch Tattoo once in awhile. Like I said - DLR found his mojo again with the ALAE video, and even Sensible Shoes was kind of avant garde in an early 90's kind of way. He was hit and miss after that (didn't care for She's My Machine, but thought Night Life was fantastic, etc.) But anyway - back on topic. Love Hina - one of my faves from that album, but I agree with what someone said above - when Skyscraper first came out I really wanted it to blow OU812 out of the water - but it was kind of...WTF? I didn't really like either album at the time - and don't own either album now, or any other Van Haggar album for the record.

Skyscraper is the only DLR disk I don't have on cd. When my first copy got too scratched to play I simply never had the desire to replace it. Other than Knucklebones, Hina, and Damn Good, it just doesn't do anything for me.
                                I didn't like his choices for singles or either the video for "Sensible Shoes" or "Tell The Truth" very boring videos.... and he was trying to be a mature artist on TELL THE TRUTH... the kicks in the video go against the music. lol

They should have did videos in color for DROP IN THE BUCKET and It's Showtime! I bet the album would have sold alot more copies!

Comment

Working...