Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Last_Child
    Commando
    • Oct 2004

hmm... considering I don't like Skyscraper and can't stand OU812...

I'll go with ALAE.
    "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• trueblue
      Groupie
      • Feb 2006

we all know what most VH/DLR fans were raving about in '86 when EEAS and 5150 came out, just months apart....it was almost a no-contest then and it was absolutely a no-contest in '88 with Skyscraper v OU812...SS was never my favorite DLR solo record, but i still love it in many ways and most of the songs are brilliant pop-rock...OU812 is even worse than the fluffy and lousy 5150...Eddie sounds like a sloshed-out wimp on guitar, Alex (by then a wanna-be drummer) was banging pencils on beer cans, Mike was a a total buffon on bass and gosh, yea, Sammy sounded like the sleazy stupid slob that he forever was that just couldn't climax after a million attempts at the mic.....truly, OU812 was a sickeningly terrible record (perhaps Van Hagar's worst) and i never again wanna mention it in the same sentence as Skyscraper...
      Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Why are we even doing this??
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Padre Atilio
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2006

anythig's better better than OU812 cause I cant uderstand what they wanted to prove with that, I still havent listened to Skyscraper properly but OU812 is just booooooooooooring ...

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Hina is Steve Vai's best work.

Comment

• audiospectrum
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
              There should be some stuff in here.

Yeah, Dave's stuff is great. Mind you, I don't like all of it. I think SKYSCRAPER is very under-rated. There are some great and adventurous moments on that record. Did you get EAT 'EM AND SMILE or DLR BAND yet? Both are real winners!
              Oh yeah, agreed big time! Every listen is an adventure!
              I'm very proud of what was that band and what was that show and what it did mean to people. It disgusts me that it has turned into the complete opposite. That it now represents everything that I spoke against, that we suppoesedly represented the converse of. I don't want to have to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what the team was while I was a member. Was it all bullshit? If nothing else, it confirms in my mind that from my standpoint - yours truly, David Lee - not a fraction. If nothing else, this kind of morbid, wounded animal anger aimed my way has caused me to look deep into that bathroom mirror and come back to you with "my shit was legit." It was for real. And perhaps the test is time. Because here I am, a decade and a half later, haven't changed much. I look a little different, but not much. My sense of humour is about the same.

Comment

Working...