Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

heres one to wrap your head around. I love doing this to people.... In Dave's book, he mentions his nose breaking coming off the riser to do his split leg jump- the pic on the back of the album cover in fact. But also he mentions in the book that he wrote the song, SGMAD 25,ooo ft in the air over the Atlantic ocean going to Europe in I believe, '78. Well, if indeed that is true, then how in the hell did Somebody get me a Doctor end up on the early Zero and Afetr Zero demos? (1977)
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by Lou
      Somebody Get Me a Doctor / I'm So Glad...played on every show of the Hide Your Sheep Tour except the rehearsals and the first three shows.

My absolute favorite Van Halen piece performed live, hands down.
      Dey threw in some Girl Gone Bad in dere, too nah nah...I also dig the Ed/Al battles durin' the medley, Ed would even pick up the drum stick nah an' then...Beck did a tremendous,"I'm So Glad," in the Scorcese blues special...sd that he did 16 takes, all in different styles...

Comment

• Casemeister
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2004

I'm So Glad is cool. Great song. I dig the guitar/drum thing, too. The Cream original (I say "original" because it's the one VH copied, for sure) is awesome.
        Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002. RIP, Hoss!

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

Got it on the US FESTIVAL. A nod to their past as a covers band & the Clapton influence. Very Kewl.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
            In Dave's book, he mentions his nose breaking coming off the riser to do his split leg jump- the pic on the back of the album cover in fact.
            His nose? Actually, it was his right foot, as seen both on the inner sleeve of Van Halen II, and in this studio photo from the VHII sessions.....
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Loons The Great

Skip James link:

Comment

• Loons The Great

A blues cat that played a lots like Skip James:

Oops, looks like the page is lost. Start your website on the cheap.

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                  In Dave's book, he mentions his nose breaking coming off the riser to do his split leg jump- the pic on the back of the album cover in fact.
                  No dude, he broke his nose filming a live performance in Europe right before the 1980 World Invasion Tour. He did the "Air Roth" right into a disco ball.

He broke his ankle/foot/whateva during the VHII photo shoot to which you were referring and what Ford said. He was wearing those platform shoes and *SNAP!!!*
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Loons The Great

I'm So Glad
                    ...maybe they'll rev this medley up on the re-union tour...inevitably...

Comment

Working...