• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
    I have to say I was very little when I first heard Van Halen. The songs that started it all for me were Runnin' With The Devil, Jump, and Jamie's Cryin'. Funny combination, huh?
    You've gotta start somewhere, and those 3 are an interesting cross-section of CVH for sure! For me, it was Panama in 1984.. I was 10 years old and was just blown away with the sound and the swagger of VH... they looked like they sounded! I've never looked back...
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• simarillion
      Full On Cocktard
      • May 2010

i'll add to that! This song is amazing!

Comment

• paulscape
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jan 2007

Awesome song. Here's a recording I did of it - I even do the singing!! Kinda crap I know but the backing track sounded empty without the vocals. People can dish DLR's vocals but if you ever try and sing like him its impossible! Guys a legend.
        Latest technology news, how-to guides, product reviews and software downloads.

at least the harmonies were easy
        Last edited by paulscape; 09-29-2010, 05:07 AM.
        'By conviction bitter, by conviction sweet, but in reality atoms and void'

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Your timing is a couple of beats ahead. Dig your tone dude!
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Bowanna
            Full On Cocktard
            • Mar 2004

One of my favorite songs off VH... Love that "lazy groove and tone" he lays down. Same reason I like Drop Dead Legs so much.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tojoro
              Kick-ass tone and lazy groove...I love how it goes from Roth's "Yeah-Ee_Yeah" into the solo, which is a tasty treat in itself.
              It's a ballad, but, it isn't....
              Another fine example of 'Halen Harmonies.
              Yes, I wouldn't quite say it was a ballad, either...what I dig about it is where it was placed in the running order on the album: following tune after tune of slamming, azz kickin' rock, LD kinda takes the intensity down a notch (sorta like Push Comes To Shove on FW).
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• fifth element
                Commando
                • Nov 2010

Little Dreamer....
                Definitely one of the songs that manages to speak to your heart...
                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• heartbreaker
                  Groupie
                  • Feb 2004

I love the song. Granted I love just about ALL of Dave's songs, but this is an awesome ballad and it provides a nice interlude to the rest of the hard rock on the first Van Halen album. You haven't lived until you've heard DLR sing this live under a starry night time sky.

Comment

• little_dreamer
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Apr 2011

Oh God, Little Dreamer is one of my favourites. I love it, hence the username! It shows how they don't have to stick to the heavier stuff - Van Halen are so fucking awesome they can pull anything off.
                    Same goes for Dance The Night Away. I love that one too.
                    I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut.

Comment

Working...