X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fuckhowardstern
    Commando
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
    "a part" and "apart" is a plain typo that I wouldn't even bother point out. Noun-verb-adj misuse, on the other hand, that someone wants me to buy as correct is another issue.
    Ms. Webster doesn't seem to take issue.

Comment

• Julius
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Ally, is your book entitled... "A bunch of shit no one cares about"?

No? Well your last 5 posts should've been.

Give me a fucking break and return this thread to Katydid. She's MUCH more interesting than you.

Sorry, but you really had it coming.

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
        Commando
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Julius

Give me a fucking break and return this thread to Katydid. She's MUCH more interesting than you.

Sorry, but you asked for it.
        I agree - and I accept fault for participating. Let her have one final retort and lets agree to disagree and move on. Agreed?

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern
          I know...I know....Miriam Webster's Dictionary is wrong and a 21 year old graduate student is right.....Ahhh I remember when I was a graduate student and thought I knew everything, my professors beat the shit out of me on a daily basis, I guess they don't take that approach when you are studying education for kindergartners.
          Not kindergarteners. And that's not the only thing I'll hold a degree in

Your professors beat the shit out of you? Gee, must have been embarassing trying to claim what you thought was right when it actually wrong. Just like undergrad, I point out incorrect things my grad profs claim all the time. Must by why I've got that 4.0 Drop by sometime. It's quite fun proving the one guy wrong. He gets all flustered.

And I never said Miriam Webster's Dictionary was wrong. I did said you needed to learn how to read it and what the meanings actually mean.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Sorry, but you really had it coming.
            Well, it wouldn't have dragged out this long if FHS hadn't started arguing like Katy. Besides, FHS msut have cared a lot about them. he keeps replying to them and trying to have the last word.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
              Commando
              • Nov 2005

Well since we are dragging it out further

bour·geois ( P ) Pronunciation Key (br-zhwä, brzhwä)
              n. pl. bourgeois
              A person belonging to the middle class.
              A person whose attitudes and behavior are marked by conformity to the standards and conventions of the middle class.
              In Marxist theory, a member of the property-owning class; a capitalist.

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Notice how in this particular definition, the plural of "bourgeois" is listed as "bourgeois"?

And as far as needing to learn how to read the dictionary or the definition I posted - sorry but I do not know how to read something THAT AINT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

And was it embarrasing to be proved wrong by my professors? At first it was....but then I realized they were trying to prepare me for real life. In real life - I am wrong all the time - it happens every day several times a day. In fact, sometimes I have to make an arguement I know to be flat wrong (and it is scary when on occassion that argument wins the day - which happens). So if I am wrong here - its no big deal - and I may be wrong - I am sure we will have more input on the subject tomorrow. But my point was WHAT IS THE FRIGGING POINT? Singular, plural, past-perfect participle masculine, whatever.....you knew exactly what I meant and this message board isn't for publishing. For you to make such a big deal out of such minutia when it is obvious the neither one of us is stupid is simply petty and immature - but you are young and I was the same way when I was 21 so.....care to post more on the subject or have we had just about enough yet?

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

What's all the Hub-bub about...Bub?!?

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
                  Commando
                  • Nov 2005

Well, it wouldn't have dragged out this long if FHS hadn't started arguing like Katy. Besides, FHS msut have cared a lot about them. he keeps replying to them and trying to have the last word.
                  I agree - and I accept fault for participating. Let her have one final retort and lets agree to disagree and move on. Agreed?
                  OH is this an example of me trying to have the last word? This time I paid attention to the time stamps. Petty, petty, petty.....at least you put up a better fight than Katie Lee Daniels Roth.

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

You still smarting from the brow-beating ALLY put on you FHS?!?

Come on now......play nice....

Comment

• Julius
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

Julius gets the last word, and that word is.....

BOOGER!

WKRP in Cincinatti was fuckin cool. LOL

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

"A bunch of shit no one cares about"?
                        Uh...Julius....fill me in again...

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!?!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Well since we are dragging it out further

bour·geois ( P ) Pronunciation Key (br-zhwä, brzhwä)
                          n. pl. bourgeois
                          A person belonging to the middle class.
                          A person whose attitudes and behavior are marked by conformity to the standards and conventions of the middle class.
                          In Marxist theory, a member of the property-owning class; a capitalist.

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Notice how in this particular definition, the plural of "bourgeois" is listed as "bourgeois"?

And as far as needing to learn how to read the dictionary or the definition I posted - sorry but I do not know how to read something THAT AINT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

And was it embarrasing to be proved wrong by my professors? At first it was....but then I realized they were trying to prepare me for real life. In real life - I am wrong all the time - it happens every day several times a day. In fact, sometimes I have to make an arguement I know to be flat wrong (and it is scary when on occassion that argument wins the day - which happens). So if I am wrong here - its no big deal - and I may be wrong - I am sure we will have more input on the subject tomorrow. But my point was WHAT IS THE FRIGGING POINT? Singular, plural, past-perfect participle masculine, whatever.....you knew exactly what I meant and this message board isn't for publishing. For you to make such a big deal out of such minutia when it is obvious the neither one of us is stupid is simply petty and immature - but you are young and I was the same way when I was 21 so.....care to post more on the subject or have we had just about enough yet?
                          You're the one who continues to throw punches and make the big deal out of this. So who really is being immature? I just pointed out your error that is there in the dictionary. You're the one ranting about it, leaving me 3-4 posts at a time waiting for me to respond. Just like Katydid. Shame.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Julius
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                            Uh...Julius....fill me in again...

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!?!
                            I was here long before you, fuckface.

It's cute that Ally called you in to rescue her, and you did....

But you're not impressing me.

So scurry off into your sheep pen and shut your piehole.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I was here long before you, fuckface.

It's cute that Ally called you in to rescue her, and you did....

But you're not impressing me.

So scurry off into your sheep pen and shut your piehole.
                              it's so cute how you always show up in some thread to insult me. Almost as if you were obsessed with me.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Julius
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jan 2004

it's so cute how you always show up in some thread to insult me. Almost as if you were obsessed with me.
                                Name one single thread where I've done that.

Just one.

Comment

Working...