X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Veteran
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
    Yea, he reckons Southside Johnny has been living off the coattails of Bruce Springsteen because Springsteen wrote a total of 8 songs for him in his 30 year career. Despite the fact that he hasn't been properly asociated with him since 1978, apart from Bruce's brief appearnce on Southside's "Better Days" album in 1991 and the fact that Southside never talks aboot Bruce in interviews unless he's asked aboot him or the early days when they played together in "Dr Zoom and the Sonic Boom", but of course he's gonna talk aboot that cos thats where he got his "Southside" nickname.

Personally, I think its like saying Dave has been living off the coattails of Eddie.
    And let's see...were those songs the biggest hits of Johnny's "career"? Were just the publicity and momentum he got off Springsteen's name what gave the guy the audience he never would have found otherwise?

Without Springsteen, The Jukes would have been an above average soul covers band and that's it. Maybe they would have got lucky and played a Bar-Mitzvah too along the way, but that's it. THAT'S why Johnny never mentions him in interviews, BECAUSE HE'S ASHAMED. FACT.
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

No offense, but crossing the line is something more along the lines of stealing your dog and using it for your own sexual desires, not having a big sig.
      Dude. Stop. Seriously.

LoungeMachine has already apologized dozens of times for crossing the line. We don't need to be reminded of his misadventures anymore.

Thank you.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

I've just bought a dog. What category is that? :eek:

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 08-24-2006, 09:29 PM.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Wawazat
          ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          I've just bought a dog. What category is that? :eek:
          Depends on size of the dog
          Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
            And let's see...were those songs the biggest hits of Johnny's "career"? Were just the publicity and momentum he got off Springsteen's name what gave the guy the audience he never would have found otherwise?

Without Springsteen, The Jukes would have been an above average soul covers band and that's it. Maybe they would have got lucky and played a Bar-Mitzvah too along the way, but that's it. THAT'S why Johnny never mentions him in interviews, BECAUSE HE'S ASHAMED. FACT.

Yea, but it's not as if South ASKED for those songs, he was given them. Bruce gave him The Fever because "It just didn't fit on his album", he gave him "Talk To Me" and "Hearts of Stone" for the same reason. As a matter of fact, they're the only 3 songs by Springsteen that he still plays out of the 8 (unless you count "Trapped Again", which he co-wrote anyways).

And, actually, I'd say his most well-known songs were by Steve Van Zandt, who wrote them when he was in The Jukes and BEFORE he was in the E-Street Band and also produced the albums in question. "I Don't Want To Go Home", "This Time Baby's Gone For Good", "Take It Inside", "All I Needed Was You", "Its Been A Long Time", "Coming Back", "Got To Be A Better Way Home", "This Time Its For Real" etc. None of THEM written by Springsteen.

And what aboot all the material that has no association with Springsteen OR Van Zandt. WOW! That's over 3/4 of his catalouge and most of his live set.

True, the only reason the record company guys went to check out the bands from Asbury Park was because Bruce was big with "Born To Run" at the time, but, then, loads of record company people went to the Cavern after The Beatles made it big, and they're not living off the coattalis of The Beatles. Actually, most of them aren't living at all.

But, anyways, agree to disagree.
            Last edited by Shaun Ponsonby; 08-25-2006, 08:05 AM.
            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
              Dude. Stop. Seriously.

LoungeMachine has already apologized dozens of times for crossing the line. We don't need to be reminded of his misadventures anymore.

Thank you.

Hey.

The Bitch was Hot.

What can I say?
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Veteran
                • Feb 2006

Yea, but it's not as if South ASKED for those songs, he was given them. Bruce gave him The Fever because "It just didn't fit on his album", he gave him "Talk To Me" and "Hearts of Stone" for the same reason. As a matter of fact, they're the only 3 songs by Springsteen that he still plays out of the 8 (unless you count "Trapped Again", which he co-wrote anyways).

And, actually, I'd say his most well-known songs were by Steve Van Zandt, who wrote them when he was in The Jukes and BEFORE he was in the E-Street Band and also produced the albums in question. "I Don't Want To Go Home", "This Time Baby's Gone For Good", "Take It Inside", "All I Needed Was You", "Its Been A Long Time", "Coming Back", "Got To Be A Better Way Home", "This Time Its For Real" etc. None of THEM written by Springsteen.

And what aboot all the material that has no association with Springsteen OR Van Zandt. WOW! That's over 3/4 of his catalouge and most of his live set.

True, the only reason the record company guys went to check out the bands from Asbury Park was because Bruce was big with "Born To Run" at the time, but, then, loads of record company people went to the Cavern after The Beatles made it big, and they're not living off the coattalis of The Beatles. Actually, most of them aren't living at all.

But, anyways, agree to disagree.
                Wow. It really is easy to push this guys buttons, isn't it?
                RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Just be glad Lounge hasn't quoted my sig.
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I've shortened mine. My old one looked short compared to LoungeMachine's. I think War and Peace is quoted in there somewhere.
                    Last edited by MERRYKISSMASS2U; 08-26-2006, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Wow. It really is easy to push this guys buttons, isn't it?
                      Usaully...no.

Earlier I was a bit bothered by the fact that Ally_Kat couldn't accept that I didn't know my sig was making it difficult for people to view the site.

And, with you, its just because I think you are a pessimistic cunt and hate your guts.
                      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

Working...