• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
    I think he was just a young guy with a lot of strong beliefs and not a lot of worldliness who needed to mellow out a little.
    exactly. Lou's still young and not beaten down by the world yet, like the rest of us are.

i drunk dialed him from Sarnia last summer and he took it pretty well.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
      Funny!! Aren't you afraid of Fuckfish in the past?!
      No way... he spent 2 years trying to run me off, failed, gave up and quit. Pussy.
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
        I think Lou lurks but will never sign in..

I agree with you about your assessment of him in recent times. Over the last year or so he really eased up on being so negative (which is what I couldn't stand also) and became someone that you looked forward to his posts. Christ, he even joked around. I want to say after the Hyman bullshit he stated "I don't want to be like that" and changed. Good for him.

I'm sure most people here will find that hard to swallow, but it's the truth.

DHF on the other hand never really bothered me, but most of his thinking was really up a tree. The poor bastard was probably like that in real life....
        People know my history here, and I have no problems with Lou now, zero...

DHF, I really missed tweaking him merely by saying how gay I thought Bon Jovi were...good for about 50 impassioned responses on the genius that was Richie Samboria or some shit...

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          ...DHF, I really missed tweaking him merely by saying how gay I thought Bon Jovi were...good for about 50 impassioned responses on the genius that was Richie Samboria or some shit...
          He changed tactics, to an extent. This time out, it was Neal Schon who was the guitarist above reproach.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I can't even remember why or how Lou got so mercilessly slaughtered over here. The guy was completely clueless, politically speaking, but then that would apply to dozens of others who have passed through here over the years.

I know he pissed off some people with his FLAC purity crusade, but I happened to agree with him there. Mp3's sound like shit, for the most part.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

I hammered Lou constantly for defending "trading" against what it is, piracy.

His defense was usually some form of the predication that live shows have no legal property of WB. I felt I had to point out that whether its an unreleased song, or a live show of prereleased albums, it's still intellectual property he has no right to ..

FLAC, lossless, loss-induced "radio qual" mp3, or enhanced mp3's I don't care I'm against it and that's that.

I never see Lou post here. Maybe he's enjoyng a new board of Police and Sting fans.

Comment

• Igosplut
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                He thought you were an idiot too like the rest of us......

Now go away coward.
                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  No loss w/ DHF. I agree probably won't see Lou around.
                  DHF??? You guys gave him his own emoticons over there, didn't you?

Why, I think he would be a stellar addition to this place as a poster.

I read some one's post over there of how RA was like the bathroom at the county fair or some such thing...didn't really want to use it because it's dirty....I don't know why. Not much of a difference between the 2 from what I saw-but I didn't see much to begin with.

I just landed here through happenstance....decided to pitch a tent, so to speak.

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

This is awesome for all our friends from DDLR to communicate !
                    I know they did the same for the Army when it was down !

????

DDLR fans were mostly Army dudes anyways, huh ??
                    This DHF character. Von can rip his second vagine now
                    its neutral ground....
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                      DHF??? You guys gave him his own emoticons over there, didn't you?

Why, I think he would be a stellar addition to this place as a poster.

I read some one's post over there of how RA was like the bathroom at the county fair or some such thing...didn't really want to use it because it's dirty....I don't know why. Not much of a difference between the 2 from what I saw-but I didn't see much to begin with.

I just landed here through happenstance....decided to pitch a tent, so to speak.
                      After a few years the entertainment value of DHF got way too thin... you just can't have every other thread turn into one irritating user's personal shit fest. Despite the no rules vibe... some crap just gets old and you got take back your domain from a squatter.

The Army has evolved and been through a few phases. Early on it was a place for grand debatchery and definately not for faint-at-heart. There was a somewhat down-trend and dark period during the time Sarge was away and the vibe here shifted and the place lost a bit of it's luster. Then the crashes/hacks brought the birth of DDLR.

Today I'm seeing a nice rebirth of the Army and a blending of the DDLR vibe. Both places were born from the same primordial sess-pool and grown up a bit... but still a fun place to fuck around on.
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by GAR

His defense was usually some form of the predication that live shows have no legal property of WB. I felt I had to point out that whether its an unreleased song, or a live show of prereleased albums, it's still intellectual property he has no right to ..

FLAC, lossless, loss-induced "radio qual" mp3, or enhanced mp3's I don't care I'm against it and that's that.

I never see Lou post here. Maybe he's enjoyng a new board of Police and Sting fans.
                        You seem to enjoy ass-piracy though....

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                          This is awesome for all our friends from DDLR to communicate !
                          I know they did the same for the Army when it was down!
                          Yep, we all hoped the Army would come back.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            You seem to enjoy ass-piracy though....
                            You're the one who went on a date with Jesterstar, I never had the opportunity to have met him while he was alive.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                              Any supermod want my .02 on a new staff roster, PM me.
                              have they filled up your PM box?
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                                You're the one who went on a date with Jesterstar, I never had the opportunity to have met him while he was alive.
                                I never when on a date nor saw him in Syracuse. That was someone else I believe...

Comment

Working...