X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
    I'm wondering, is there a option/hack to make the link to a forum page at the bottom a one-click affair? (like the old board) Instead of being able to go from a thread to the sub-forum page with one click, you have to pick one out of that drop down menu, making it two steps. And yes I know I can hit the back button but then nothing gets refreshed. Am I the only one this seems to bother?
    I noticed that too Igo and agree.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Good suggestion... I was missing the "go" button next to the quick navigation menu to return to the forum listing. Especially after making a post.
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mezro
        Quick update: Melton and Travis are pretty much ready to go. Just a few details to iron out. On 4/18, I emailed Sarge a list of questions they need answered.

Sarge dropped me the initial answers on MSN last night.

a) Not too bothered but please no kaftan for the Roth leap picture,

b) Whilst we are young or even middle aged thanks.

c) That may be technically legal in San Francisco but it doesn't make it hygenic.

d) Yes the usernames Clarence, Eugene, Tristram and Gaylord are still available.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think we need to make links to other webpages standout more as they did on the old site. Posting a link simply looks like text, i.e. below:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            I think we need to make links to other webpages standout more as they did on the old site. Posting a link simply looks like text, i.e. below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0XLKcMoXRE
            I agree, as this is a common thing amongst sites using a vbulletin platform with a black background. For the time being, when inserting a link in a post, right after clicking the "Insert Link" icon, also click a choice of colored text, using a yellow or orange, to make the link stand out.

For instance, look at the following.

"Rolling Stone magazine offered an article on summer movies..."

As you can see, the link is not visible in the text. By adding color relief, the link now stands out.

"Rolling Stone magazine offered an article on summer movies..."

This highlighting was automatic on previous platforms, yet at this point still is an issue for one reason or another with vbulletin. This is apparently not an issue that individual board owners can adjust in their settings, so I guess that the only way around it is to make mention of it to site members, and offer the makeshift remedy that I have provided until the issue is addressed by the host itself.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow that's really fucking dumb of the VBulliten people. Just about every board that uses their software must have lots of people posting links.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Wow that's really fucking dumb of the VBulliten people. Just about every board that uses their software must have lots of people posting links.
                I found out over the weekend that there is a fix for site owners using the black background, but it isn't a particularly terrific one. You need to change the text color on the main page (and in some cases throughout the board in titles) in order to get the hyperlinks to highlight on their own. In other words, for the hyperlinks to show up as say...yellow, the wording on the forums page needs to be that color.

I'm certain there is a more practical way of fixing this, but that's about all I could come up with after dinging around with it at another site for a couple of hours. As always, your mileage may vary.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Reverberator
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Aug 2004

Can anyone please shed some light into the burning issue of the " Larvelly colours"©®™ ... I am a velly patient person ...but I would like to see it before I'm dead , and at my E ~life©®™ age it won't be long.
                  Last edited by Reverberator; 05-16-2010, 06:55 PM. Reason: I'm having a party ....but no fuckers invited
                  Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                  the chazzers are so lucky
                  so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
                  http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Where is the chat box?

Comment

• Igosplut
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Links on the top right of the page. Sarge said he was movin it off the forum page after a few months....
                      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Igosplut
                        Links on the top right of the page. Sarge said he was movin it off the forum page after a few months....
                        Oh. I thought that was cool.

Comment

• Mezro
                          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Sound the fucking alarm! It is time for another Roth Army design update: Sarge emailed me yesterday and is ready to get things rolling again. I sent him the global navigation document and am waiting for his reply. I also have a phone call with Melton scheduled for tonight at 8. Good to have things moving forward again.

Mezro...more news when there is something else to fucking say...
                          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Edit: Nevermind, it was a No Script setting.
                            Last edited by chefcraig; 05-24-2010, 06:30 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I would like to respectfully ask if it's possible to put the chat deal back on the main page. No one uses it anymore and it's a cool feature.

Doesn't hurt to ask right?

Comment

• Blaze
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

The last group of links on the right hand side are jumbled for me
                                "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...