X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
    dan bitch slapped him in the pen........
    I Kicked His Ass Back In The Pen.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
      Don't you go talkin' no shit 'bout my boy Dan-O, African-American. Why you calling him a bitch, yo?

Cheers! :bottle:
      Sweet As Pussy.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Heater
        Obviously there are some musicians on here, some wannabe/frustrated rockers whose bands never took off. IF for some reason any of you were asked to fill in for Mike/Wolfie or Al for x reason would you do it? Be honest. I will know. See, I like CVH better than the Hagar era, however they did SOME good songs with SAM. As a solo act Dave had some decent songs and some not decent at all (forget the bluegrass desperation phase). The underlying tone of this board is that of children of a divorce, where they want mommy (Dave) back as no wrong can be done by the one who allowed you to suckle his teets. This will be apparent when the new music comes out and we all play Emperors New Clothes. The words "epic, stellar, zenith, amazing (most overused word out there), will flow from keyboards across the army network. And if they said they needed a touring Tambourine player, none of you wouldn't try out. Life is about opportunities and taking some of them, otherwise you are merely angry to the point of distraction. And the anger on this site is undeniable. It's sad when it turns into hatred toward situations you have zero control over, even though you think you do. Take a step back if you can and realize all this spleen venting is over some SONGS, there's a big world out there beyond that. Anyway, Ill help you, OK I will just leave, not listen to their music, and wait for you closeted (just like...)people to tell me to do some ridiculous onanistic act that you know way TOO much about. I suppose I must now ask for a dishonorable discharge from the Roth Army. Sorry I didn't drink the Rothade. Anger and hatred destroy those who harbor it, it's nobody's fault it's not 1984 anymore.
        Are you a bitch or something?

Sorry, just trying to understand.

And yes. PLEASE use the return key. I've tried to actually read through that whole paragraph start to finish and it's borderline impossible. I got the greatest hits. But it's like, one hit wonder and 13 songs worth of filler.

Use the key.

Use.

It.
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
          I've tried to actually read through that whole paragraph start to finish and it's borderline impossible.
          Same here, lost me at... "Obviously there are ..."
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Douglas T.
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

If I was asked to replace ROTH I would say "Only if you changed the name of the band because there is only one Van Halen"! If Poodle Head would have said that I might still be a fan of his!

Comment

• VanHalener
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Crack is bad, mkay

Unless of course it's the kind you find in a pair of panties on a hot chick.
              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Douglas T.
                If I was asked to replace ROTH I would say "Only if you changed the name of the band because there is only one Van Halen"! If Poodle Head would have said that I might still be a fan of his!
                Yep. Michael Jackson recorded with Eddie Van Halen. Thomas Dolby recorded with Eddie Van Halen. Roger Waters recorded with Eddie Van Halen. Nothing wrong with any of that (though I still resisted any impulse to buy Thriller, just for that 30 seconds)

Difference is that none of those guys labeled their records as "Van Halen". Van Hagar did, yet it wasn't any more than any of those others were. And to this day, I don't know what the fuck VDIII was, but it wasn't Van Halen either.

They should have called it something else. Sam & the Shirellas. Eddie Van Halen & Wings, Cheesy Tequila and the Waboheads. Whatever.... just don't call that shit "Van Halen".
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                  Eddie Van Halen & Wings

That one just cracks me up...
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Credit for that one goes to a guy who called himself "Crazy F. Heat" who had one of the first generation Roth/VH sites back in the late 90's along with Slawterhouse, FORD Country, Roth Army 1.0, and a few others long faded into memory. I can't even remember the name of the guy's site, honestly, and have no idea who he was or if he's still around. But the name "Eddie Van Halen & Wings" for Van Hagar... well that's just something you don't forget.

A toast to "Crazy"...... where ever the fuck you are
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

To Crazy!
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                        Credit for that one goes to a guy who called himself "Crazy F. Heat" who had one of the first generation Roth/VH sites back in the late 90's along with Slawterhouse, FORD Country, Roth Army 1.0, and a few others long faded into memory. I can't even remember the name of the guy's site, honestly, and have no idea who he was or if he's still around. But the name "Eddie Van Halen & Wings" for Van Hagar... well that's just something you don't forget.

A toast to "Crazy"...... where ever the fuck you are
                        Your memory never ceases to amaze me, senor FORD....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Surprising how that shit survives among all the brain cells drowned in beer though
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• mh5150
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by binnie
                            much as i love their music, spending time with ed and al would not be worth the amount they could pay me.
                            like u know are they are .
                            I would pay them to hangout!!!

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• mh5150
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ford
                              yep. Michael jackson recorded with eddie van halen. Thomas dolby recorded with eddie van halen. Roger waters recorded with eddie van halen. Nothing wrong with any of that (though i still resisted any impulse to buy thriller, just for that 30 seconds)

difference is that none of those guys labeled their records as "van halen". Van hagar did, yet it wasn't any more than any of those others were. And to this day, i don't know what the fuck vdiii was, but it wasn't van halen either.

They should have called it something else. Sam & the shirellas. Eddie van halen & wings, cheesy tequila and the waboheads. Whatever.... Just don't call that shit "van halen".
                              dont forget brian may

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, forgot about that one.....maybe because it's been out of print (at least in the US) for over 25 years.

But then Brian May has crapped all over the name of "Queen" even worse than Eddie crapped all over the name of Van Halen.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...