The NHL Lockout...does anyone REALLY CARE?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Yo Aesop...Va...just a thought...

Hopefully...this shit will clear itself next year...

but I'm thinking Va and I roll up there...catch a Saturday Pens game...and a Sunday Steelers game...

just a thought...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Rikk
      I'm in one of the craziest NHL towns there is. And I know some people that initially acted like it was the end of the world. But, like anything else, people are realizing that life goes on.

Me? I could give a fuck. Frankly, this is a great NFL season. And that's all I could ever give a fuck about.
      Burlington???? Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!:p

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

We did miss the Leafs here big time!! Not as much now,

people adjust. This was a huge chance for the Raptors to

step up with a huge market looking for entertainment but

you know...........

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I see the Rikk/guwapo battle continues...

lmfao...you two crack my ass up...

the sig is fucking hilarious by the way...

Rikk bro...that's some damaging shit...

are you running for office?
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Lou

That is a great sig isn't it? Though I wish that old one of the map showing where people with jobs are and where Rikk is would surface again.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I saw Gretzky play for the Kings against the Bruins at the Boston Garden...you could tell that he saw the entire ice surface and everything that was going on at the time...I also saw Lemieux on a few occasions at the Garden...Mario Lemieux was the best pure hockey player that ever played the game. This I will not argue about. Hands down, number one.
              Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• aesop
                Commando
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                I saw Gretzky play for the Kings against the Bruins at the Boston Garden...you could tell that he saw the entire ice surface and everything that was going on at the time...I also saw Lemieux on a few occasions at the Garden...Mario Lemieux was the best pure hockey player that ever played the game. This I will not argue about. Hands down, number one.
                Wow...Good assessment, PA! Had Lemieux been healthy throughout his career, there would not even be a debate about it. Damn hodgekins and assorted other ailments.

Also he did not have the luxury of all those years with hal of famers like Gretz did in Edmonton.

Fox sports Pitt a few nights ago showed that game from 96 where Lemiuex had 5 goals and seven points against Gretzky's Blues...LMAO!!!! He could've easily had 10 points but they had dumb-asses like JJ Doughnut on their team that year... The great one met the GREATEST ONE!!!
                Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• aesop
                  Commando
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  Yo Aesop...Va...just a thought...

Hopefully...this shit will clear itself next year...

but I'm thinking Va and I roll up there...catch a Saturday Pens game...and a Sunday Steelers game...

just a thought...
                  Hey I'm up for it!!! We'd probably have to scalp the tix for the Stillers next year...I think they might be hard to come by...

...I have several friends with tailgate passes, though...So we could raise some serious Army havock...
                  Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by aesop
                    Also he did not have the luxury of all those years with hal of famers like Gretz did in Edmonton.
                    I follow you but I disagree. Just like the old argue that Joe Montana was surrounded by a great team. The team was great because of Montana.

Same way with Gretzky. He made other players better.
                    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                      I like you will not argue about it.

Wayne Gretzky was the greatest hockey player ever.

End of story.
                      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Lou

I care alot. I care because I don't want it to come back and I'm afraid it will.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

lmfao...Dave...Dave...Dave...

I'd have those 2 at the top...both interchangeable...

You'd have to have seen Gretzky in his prime...to make a real call on it...

There were things Gretzky could do, that Lemieux couldn't, and things that Lemieux could do, that Gretzky couldn't...

both at the top of their game...were the best that we've ever seen...

and both DAVE

had those intangibles you talked about...both made their teams better...and both won titles...

Comment

• aesop
                            Commando
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                            I care alot. I care because I don't want it to come back and I'm afraid it will.
                            WTF???? LOL move to Utah then...

...Or maybe Oklahoma
                            Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• aesop
                              Commando
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                              Same way with Gretzky. He made other players better.
                              Maybe...and I'm admittedly biased...but if your arguement is true, why didn't Gretz win a cup in LA?

Or St. Louis?

I'll leave it at that.
                              Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Snoo

Originally posted by aesop
                                Wow...Good assessment, PA! Had Lemieux been healthy throughout his career, there would not even be a debate about it. Damn hodgekins and assorted other ailments.

Fox sports Pitt a few nights ago showed that game from 96 where Lemiuex had 5 goals and seven points against Gretzky's Blues...LMAO!!!! He could've easily had 10 points but they had dumb-asses like JJ Doughnut on their team that year... The great one met the GREATEST ONE!!!
                                And we had just gotten 'Doughnut' from St. Louis six days before for a sixth round pick.

Comment

Working...